Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 weeks in and still no conclusive main event finishes. Interference and a roll up win on the world champion by some nobody? Really?

At least there was no run in brawl afterwards for once, unless you count Jericho vs the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
They have been building Scorpio Sky for a singles push since at least the second match of the tag tournament, if not since the first episode of Dynamite where he got the Obama promo.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
How is an inside cradle not conclusive?

He pinned the champion off guard to setup a title match down the line. Sounds like good longterm booking to me while still keeping your champion strong.

This reminds me of all the apologists whining that the stars should go over in squashes and then last night when they did they complained about the jobbers being on tv. Would you rather they squashed the actual established talent? Like its insane.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
How is an inside cradle not conclusive?

He pinned the champion off guard to setup a title match down the line. Sounds like good longterm booking to me while still keeping your champion strong.

This reminds me of all the apologists whining that the stars should go over in squashes and then last night when they did they complained about the jobbers being on tv. Would you rather they squashed the actual established talent? Like its insane.
Roll ups, cradles, and all those variations have overwhelmingly been presented as a "win, but a flukish win" regardless of company. You've been watching wrestling long enough to know that.

What would you have them do?

Half one half of the tag champs pin the world champion clean?

Or maybe you're a fan of DQ finishes?

Fuck me.

All four guys in the match looked great. I would love for Skorpio to get a world title shot soon, he is imo next to Page the next big thing they have.
The simple obvious answer is just not have them do it :Draper2. It's no big deal, but it's not like they had to make this tag match.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Roll ups, cradles, and all those variations have overwhelmingly been presented as a "win, but a flukish win" regardless of company. You've been watching wrestling long enough to know that.

The simple obvious answer is just not have them do it :Draper2. It's no big deal, but it's not like they had to make this tag match.
You can view it as a fluke, they leave it open to interpretation. One guy used another wrestling move to get the win on another, it might not have been decisive but it was certainly conclusive.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
You can view it as a fluke, they leave it open to interpretation. One guy used another wrestling move to get the win on another, it might not have been decisive but it was certainly conclusive.
I get you're point, just saying you know roll ups and such are mostly presented as more fluke and luck than decisive

·
Best Post Machine
565 Posts
.…..Sketchy?

Sky beat Jericho with an Inside Cradle. In other words, he beat Jericho with a wrestling maneuver.

There was no distraction beforehand or anything. Sky didn't hold the tights. There was nothing sketchy about it.
They should have improved it. Scorpio brings Jericho's wife out and cucks him. Then inside cradles him as he argues with his wife.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Seriously? God I bet the guy who created the small package or the backslide are rolling in their graves that people don't buy their moves as legitimate match enders

·
Spanish God
1,028 Posts

One of the best matches of all time ended this way, Macho Man vs Steamboat WM3. Its not a fluke finish, you are thinking of what WWE does a lot where the person is being distracted and then gets rolled up. Jericho was not being distracted last night. Not the same thing.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I get you're point, just saying you know roll ups and such are mostly presented as more fluke and luck than decisive
I agree, and that's the point I think. It's not decisive as a finisher pinfall or submission in the middle of the ring. It's a win for the W-L, but not decisive in the minds of fans.

Better than a schmozz finish to protect the losing side or a non-finish.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
idk i think it worked well

1 - 20 of 65 Posts