Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the constant lack of build for PPV's and promotion of TNA's existence, I've noticed that TNA almost never hypes a main event for the following week on Impact. Not trying to make a big "WWE does this, TNA does that" discussion, but WWE hypes main events that get their fanbase excited to come back next week. TNA doesn't give people something to look forward to the next time Impact is on.

This week on impact, there is an Ultimate X match and a Street Fight that I believe is supposed to be for the TV title. If it wasn't for the spoilers, no one would know about this. Russo thinks the gimmick matches bring in more viewers. But how the fuck are new viewers supposed to come in, if TNA doesn't even do as much as hype this shit at least a week in advanced.

The last time TNA did hype a match for the next week was Flair vs Foley. It was the highest rated segment of the Live impact.

So basically, do you think TNA's ratings for Impact would increase if matches were hyped more often to give people something to look forward to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Yes, they really should hype it up, another thing is they need to brand TNA probably like WWE does to make the product come off as cool. But i think when you have money, it's easier, I guess TNA should start looking at on the road Impact once a month instead of always being in the impact zone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,712 Posts
I think when your filming 3 shows in 3 days its easy to forget to hype anything. At the end of each set of tapings there is hype for the next set.
 

·
Lucy Snorebush
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Oh look another TNA bashing thread. I don't remember the last time WWE have done a "next week we'll have superstar x vs superstar y in a xy match". TNA do all of their promotion via Twitter and Facebook (mainly Twitter), considering where they're at now they can't really complain, it's free to promote via Twitter + Facebook where as a 30sec-1min advert would cost a 5 figure sum+. TNA need to improve the product mainly not promote, I would say 90% of the viewership are wrestling fans, fans who have watched WWE / wCw in the past and have checked out TNA, the other 10% are people brand new to wrestling. You appeal to the main population first before trying to draw more people into your product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,712 Posts
Oh look another TNA bashing thread. I don't remember the last time WWE have done a "next week we'll have superstar x vs superstar y in a xy match". TNA do all of their promotion via Twitter and Facebook (mainly Twitter), considering where they're at now they can't really complain, it's free to promote via Twitter + Facebook where as a 30sec-1min advert would cost a 5 figure sum+. TNA need to improve the product mainly not promote, I would say 90% of the viewership are wrestling fans, fans who have watched WWE / wCw in the past and have checked out TNA, the other 10% are people brand new to wrestling. You appeal to the main population first before trying to draw more people into your product.
He's talking about in shows. Like on Raw they always tell you matches for next week. On Impact they dont. Like if i didnt have the internet id rarely ever know what matches id get on next weeks impact.

Its not about advertising out of show its about what announcers are saying to fans watching the show etc...
 

·
Lucy Snorebush
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
He's talking about in shows. Like on Raw they always tell you matches for next week. On Impact they dont. Like if i didnt have the internet id rarely ever know what matches id get on next weeks impact.

Its not about advertising out of show its about what announcers are saying to fans watching the show etc...
No they don't. And i'm drawn into the product next week because I like the product, not because "this match is happening".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
No they don't. And i'm drawn into the product next week because I like the product, not because "this match is happening".
Last week's Raw hyped Orton + Cena/Hennig + Harris for this week. I believe on the 10/4 Raw they hyped getting the Raw bragging rights team the following week. On the 9/20 edition of Raw, they hyped Orton vs. Jericho for the following week.

They have not been able to hype matches for the following week due to having a PPV every other week lately, but they at least hype stuff unlike Impact.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,893 Posts
Oh look another TNA bashing thread. I don't remember the last time WWE have done a "next week we'll have superstar x vs superstar y in a xy match". TNA do all of their promotion via Twitter and Facebook (mainly Twitter), considering where they're at now they can't really complain, it's free to promote via Twitter + Facebook where as a 30sec-1min advert would cost a 5 figure sum+. TNA need to improve the product mainly not promote, I would say 90% of the viewership are wrestling fans, fans who have watched WWE / wCw in the past and have checked out TNA, the other 10% are people brand new to wrestling. You appeal to the main population first before trying to draw more people into your product.
I'm not sure if you're serious or gimmick posting as if you actually were Karl Pilkington.

What's the point of improving the product if you're not going it tell anybody about it? Imagine, for a second, that I'm plugging away in a lab in my basement and I discover a universal cure for cancer, AIDS the common cold, you name it. It'd be a great day for science, sure. But what's the benefit of it if I don't tell anybody I've done it?

If I have a cure for cancer and you have cancer but don't know I have the cure, you can't get cured. TNA is in a similar boat right now.
 

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
Joined
·
9,748 Posts
Oh look another TNA bashing thread. I don't remember the last time WWE have done a "next week we'll have superstar x vs superstar y in a xy match". TNA do all of their promotion via Twitter and Facebook (mainly Twitter), considering where they're at now they can't really complain, it's free to promote via Twitter + Facebook where as a 30sec-1min advert would cost a 5 figure sum+. TNA need to improve the product mainly not promote, I would say 90% of the viewership are wrestling fans, fans who have watched WWE / wCw in the past and have checked out TNA, the other 10% are people brand new to wrestling. You appeal to the main population first before trying to draw more people into your product.
WWE doesn't need to advertise shit.
they're the fucking WWE. they get 4-5 million people watching Raw every week. TNA needs to EXPAND, WWE has pretty much hit their peak in today's wrestling business. i'd like to believe TNA hasn't.

for TNA to expand, the need to advertise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
advertisment is a powerful tool. i think that tna does advertise and promote, i just think they are doing it in the wrong places. tna likes to promote their product almost exclusively through facebook and twitter. everytime there is suppose to be a major announcement, it comes through twitter for tna...tna is even playing up their current main storyline through twitter.. in the wwe they use twitter and facebook as ANOTHER avenue to get their wrestlers out there to show that they are human and to connect with their fans...not to promote their storylines..especially to the extent that tna does it. wwe advertises with broadcasting, radio, billboards, marquees, internet etc. just saw the bragging rights advertisement like 3 times during the MONDAY NIGTH FOOTBALL GAME..thats genuis marketing by the wwe. if mnf is the higest rated program on cable on monday nights, why not promote in there? tna needs to restructure thei budget so that it allows for the marketing dept to do more with advertisement and promotion. thats not bashing tna, thats just the way that i see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh look another TNA bashing thread. I don't remember the last time WWE have done a "next week we'll have superstar x vs superstar y in a xy match". TNA do all of their promotion via Twitter and Facebook (mainly Twitter), considering where they're at now they can't really complain, it's free to promote via Twitter + Facebook where as a 30sec-1min advert would cost a 5 figure sum+. TNA need to improve the product mainly not promote, I would say 90% of the viewership are wrestling fans, fans who have watched WWE / wCw in the past and have checked out TNA, the other 10% are people brand new to wrestling. You appeal to the main population first before trying to draw more people into your product.
I'm not bashing TNA, I favor TNA over WWE. But like someone already stated, WWE is constantly hyping the main event to their following week of programming. Did you not pay attention to what I was saying. I'm clearly talking about hyping on the show, not hyping on the internet. Flair and Foley did a promo on Impact that hyped everybody up for the Last Man Standing match they had. And that segment of Impact with the match was the highest rated. You can lose viewers whhen they don't think anything interesting is happening next week, which was the point I was making
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,855 Posts
TNA is horrible at advertising, regardless if it's their TV shows, PPVs or house shows. They couldn't fill up an arena for their biggest PPV and had to heavily paper and they usually get bad house show attendances too.

They had a chance to do something about that, in fact they've had a few opportunities to do something and they haven't. With bad attendance rates, it'll just prolong TNA's existance in a tourist attraction housing cast members.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top