Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why didn't this match happen in 2002.

It would have been the long awaited rematch since Wrestlemania 12.

Only this time it would have been Kevin Nash vs the American Badass Undertaker. Wouldn't you want to know who would fair against the other.

other missed opportunity matches:

Hollywood Hogan vs Stone Cold
Scott Hall vs The Rock
Kevin Nash vs American Badass Undertaker

those 3 matchups would have been the true WCW vs WWF match.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

Only this time it would have been Kevin Nash vs the American Badass Undertaker. Wouldn't you want to know who would fair against the other.

Scott Hall vs The Rock

Yes, but that's because NWO became to popular.

People cheered them even when they run over Rock with an ambulance.

And Vince didn't know what to do, then to turn Hogan face. He's two biggest face toys was cheered almost as much as the heels.

Everybody was NWO back in the days. Any fan could do a heel turn on their "favs" :agree:

·
Banned
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You mean...they should have added Nash the second time in The Streak at WM 18 instead of Ric Flair?
Yes, I don't even remember who Kevin Nash wrestled at WM 18, but would have been interesting to see Nash face Undertaker again, both personalities having evolved greatly since 1996.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Honestly, I've always found Kevin Nash incredibly overrated.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Honestly, I've always found Kevin Nash incredibly overrated.
He's not. I define overrated as someone that dont create great matches, great crowd respond, and memories, but still get love from IWC.

Nash had great ring-psychology and charisma. People forget how big Nash is and that explain he didn't could work like Rey Mysterio, or had all the moves, because of his size, he's 6'10.

Nash outpoped Goldberg in their match at Starrcade at 1998. And Goldberg was the biggest thing in wrestling that year.
That say something.

I always tell people that think Nash was ovverrated to watch his run at 1997-1999. He was incredible over with the fans.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I swear they kept hinting to Taker joining them at one point. They would always cut to Taker right after nWo and vice versa backstage or in the parking lot. I think Big Evil with Hall and Nash would have been gold.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Nash was broken down and Taker was having an up-and-down year.

I'd wager the match would've been bullshit. Although the interactions could've been fun.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Taker and Kane vs the Outsiders would have been great. Nash was broken down, Hall was a drugged up loser. WWE milked what they could and it wasn't much.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
They were never going to do that, they were however supposed to do Nash/Kane at WM 18, but scrapped it last minute and decided to go with Angle/Kane

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
He's not. I define overrated as someone that dont create great matches, great crowd respond, and memories, but still get love from IWC.

Nash had great ring-psychology and charisma. People forget how big Nash is and that explain he didn't could work like Rey Mysterio, or had all the moves, because of his size, he's 6'10.

Nash outpoped Goldberg in their match at Starrcade at 1998. And Goldberg was the biggest thing in wrestling that year.
That say something.

I always tell people that think Nash was ovverrated to watch his run at 1997-1999. He was incredible over with the fans.
I personally feel he is, I'm not a hater and I don't like to say it, but I just think that he is, he's no way near as good as HBK, Hall, Waltman and HHH, I think he was just right place, right time and happened to be in with those guys .. that's it!

I'm not saying he can't work a match .. he can, and he was good in the 94 Royal Rumble when he was eliminating everyone, but I just feel that he's nothing special ... maybe it's his attitude that puts me off of him, I dunno .. but yeah lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes, I don't even remember who Kevin Nash wrestled at WM 18, but would have been interesting to see Nash face Undertaker again, both personalities having evolved greatly since 1996.
Wasn't he injured? Just accompanied Hall to his match with Austin

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Taker/Nash at WM 12 was already the best match the 2 could have done together, besides Taker's Wrestlemania rematches have this pattern:

Taker/Kane at WM 20 did not top Taker/Kane at WM 14.
Taker/HBK at WM 26 did not top Taker/HBK at WM 25.
Taker/HHH at WM 27 & 28 did not top Taker/HHH at WM 17.

Notice a pattern there? Adding Ric Flair was the right step.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Taker/Nash at WM 12 was already the best match the 2 could have done together, besides Taker's Wrestlemania rematches have this pattern:

Taker/Kane at WM 20 did not top Taker/Kane at WM 14.
Taker/HBK at WM 26 did not top Taker/HBK at WM 25.
Taker/HHH at WM 27 & 28 did not top Taker/HHH at WM 17.

Notice a pattern there? Adding Ric Flair was the right step.
I see what you're saying, but to be fair I don't think Taker and Kane at WMXX was supposed to top the first one. It was a glorified squash match that was used to get the Deadman gimmick back over at the expense of Kanes unmasked push.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I see what you're saying, but to be fair I don't think Taker and Kane at WMXX was supposed to top the first one. It was a glorified squash match that was used to get the Deadman gimmick back over at the expense of Kanes unmasked push.
What makes me doubt it was intended to be a squash match is, why Kane again? Why not someone new with a bigger name, like Vince? There might be an argument that Kane is the man with the most history with Taker so it's only logical that he was used to bring the real Taker back, but look at it this way: to begin with, Taker's problem was with Vince.

They could have made Vince hired lots of people from the roster to help him bury Taker at Survivor Series 2003 and then have him doing a series of random firing of jobbers (kayfabe of course) while all the while reminding how he ended Taker's career and absolute obedience to him is a must if they want to survive in WWE. But circa January, Vince begins to experience random blackouts in his workplace, smokes appearing out of nowhere in his house & office, it rains whenever he tries to deliver one of his firing promos, and lastly, one by one, the guys he hired to bury Taker alive was found beaten and unconscious in the locker room, corridor, parking lot, etc under mysterious circumstances (the security camera suddenly off before the attack and turns back on after the wrestler is attacked, that sort of thing). He's finally had enough and dare the culprit to show himself, that's when we see Taker's cryptic message to set Taker vs Vince at WM 20.

Really, the bigger miss than Taker/Nash 2 is not doing Taker/Vince at WM 20. If it were going to be a squash match to begin with and a more memorable (and longer) entrance than the match itself, might as well add Mr. McMahon himself.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
What makes me doubt it was intended to be a squash match is, why Kane again? Why not someone new with a bigger name, like Vince? There might be an argument that Kane is the man with the most history with Taker so it's only logical that he was used to bring the real Taker back, but look at it this way: to begin with, Taker's problem was with Vince.

They could have made Vince hired lots of people from the roster to help him bury Taker at Survivor Series 2003 and then have him doing a series of random firing of jobbers (kayfabe of course) while all the while reminding how he ended Taker's career and absolute obedience to him is a must if they want to survive in WWE. But circa January, Vince begins to experience random blackouts in his workplace, smokes appearing out of nowhere in his house & office, it rains whenever he tries to deliver one of his firing promos, and lastly, one by one, the guys he hired to bury Taker alive was found beaten and unconscious in the locker room, corridor, parking lot, etc under mysterious circumstances (the security camera suddenly off before the attack and turns back on after the wrestler is attacked, that sort of thing). He's finally had enough and dare the culprit to show himself, that's when we see Taker's cryptic message to set Taker vs Vince at WM 20.

Really, the bigger miss than Taker/Nash 2 is not doing Taker/Vince at WM 20. If it were going to be a squash match to begin with and a more memorable (and longer) entrance than the match itself, might as well add Mr. McMahon himself.
I said it was a 'Glorified' squash match, whether the intention was to be a full on squash I don't know nor do I think. But watching the match it was just what I called it. The way Kane was built after the unmasking was killed that night, he was fed to Taker. He didn't even come out with the towel on his head after that.

I agree he should have gotten revenge on McMahon. However pretty much every fan wanted Kane and Undertaker to face off after Kane was unmasked, because it felt new without the mask. The only more anticipated match was Goldberg and Lesnar, which ironically started at the same Survivir Series abd took place at the same WM.

·
Read Only
1,147 Posts

Scott Hall vs The Rock

Hall vs Rock happened on smackdown on the 02 road to wrestlemania. Match is on youtube. Your welcome.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts