Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I mean fuck, what is a sports entertainment company doing giving prominence to superstars who are entertaining to watch? Those fucking monsters.
The superstars where the dead crowds are so quiet you could hear a mouse pissing on Cotton Wool.

The Nxt superstars who all look exactly the same black trunks, tattoos and bald heads and beards or long wet hair. I’m taller then most of them.

The flippy Indy shit has killer wrestling and drove away casuals

·
Registered
24 Posts
MSK are ok, nothing special imo but NXT doesn't really have any great tag teams rn. Nearly everyone not just the tag team division just comes off as a charisma vacuum these days. Most of their tag team matches are just 2 generic bald guys in black trunks fighting and doing a gymnastics routine with another group of bald generic tag team in black trunks.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I mean fuck, what is a sports entertainment company doing giving prominence to superstars who are entertaining to watch? Those fucking monsters.
"Entertaining to watch" ? Have you seen the millions (& millions /rock) of fans that have stopped watching in recent years?

The things they give prominence to aren't entertaining.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wasn't keen on the name change but they've impressed me so far. There personalities will get them over with the viewers and there isn't a 'flippy' team like them on the roster at present. Seems like a very good career move to jump when they did.

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
What flippy team has ever been pushed in NXT?

In terms of tag champions
Burch and Lorcan..not flippy
Breezango..not flippy
Imperium..not flippy
Broserweights..not flippy
Fish and O'Reilly...not flippy
Street Profits..I mean Ford did some moves but not a flippy team
War Raiders..not flippy
Sanity..not flippy
AOP..not flippy
DIY...not a flippy team
Revival..not flippy
American Alpha..not flippy
Vaudevillians..not flippy
Blake and Murphy..ok Murphy did some but wouldn't be considered flippy team
Wyatt's..not flippy
Ascension..not flippy
Lucha Dragons..flippy team ok.

So you have to go back to 2014 for last time a flippy team held tag titles

Dusty Cup winners which btw doesn't mean fuck all

Balor and Joe, not flippy
AOP..not flippy
Cole and O'Reilly.. people will try to say they are but 99% of their stuff is ground based
Black and Ricochet.. ricochet ok
Riddle and Dunne..this team was 100% comedy

"Entertaining to watch" ? Have you seen the millions (& millions /rock) of fans that have stopped watching in recent years?

The things they give prominence to aren't entertaining.
Millions stopped watched while Rock was still there..

Average Raw viewership during Wrestlemania 2000 season ~6.5 million
Average Raw viewership during Wrestlemania 19 season ~3 million

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What flippy team has ever been pushed in NXT?
This thread was created as a reaction to all the flippy teams in the tag division in wrestling as a whole. Bucks, Hybrid2, Top Flight, Lucha House Party just to name a few. Basically my point was that they bring nothing new to the table that we haven't already seen before in the wrestling world.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,299 Posts
Once again, the hate/resentment for FLIPS and certain workrate talents are just getting more irrational at this point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Once again, the hate/resentment for FLIPS and certain workrate talents are just getting more irrational at this point.
I wouldn't say it's irrational. People want a story told in the ring. It's fine to throw some high spots in here and there where it makes sense from the match perspective but half the time they just spam moves, fly around the ring not selling anything. It just comes off as a gymnastics routine vs a wrestling match. This is coming from a guy who enjoys high flyers, but the amount of this in today's wrestling is too damn high.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I wouldn't say it's irrational. People want a story told in the ring. It's fine to throw some high spots in here and there where it makes sense from the match perspective but half the time they just spam moves, fly around the ring not selling anything. It just comes off as a gymnastics routine vs a wrestling match. This is coming from a guy who enjoys high flyers, but the amount of this in today's wrestling is too damn high.
Lucha Bros are an example of guys that know how to work spots well in their matches. Unlike guys like The Bucks, MSK and Hybrid 2 who look their putting on a gymnastics routine like you said.

·
The face that runs the List
11,366 Posts
The guy on the right (I don't care enough to bother learning his name) has one of the most embarrassing physiques I've ever seen in wrestling. Jesus Christ dude, if you want to be a professional wrestler at least give half a fuck about looking the part. Even CM Punk would call this guy "skinny fat".

You expect the casual audience to take you seriously if this is the face of your tag team division.

View attachment 97388
Wentz caught a bad case of quarantine couching it seems. He used to look like this :

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
This thread was created as a reaction to all the flippy teams in the tag division in wrestling as a whole. Bucks, Hybrid2, Top Flight, Lucha House Party just to name a few. Basically my point was that they bring nothing new to the table that we haven't already seen before in the wrestling world.
But there is a million big muscled guys in the business past and present. Do we never push another because we have seen it before?

WWE really haven't had a high flying tag team pushed on TV since days of Kendrick and London. There definitely is a spot for something different.

You might hate the Bucks but the dudes draw money and interest. Probably best staying away from the book though lol

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
But there is a million big muscled guys in the business past and present. Do we never push another because we have seen it before?

WWE really haven't had a high flying tag team pushed on TV since days of Kendrick and London. There definitely is a spot for something different.

You might hate the Bucks but the dudes draw money and interest. Probably best staying away from the book though lol
Flippy teams lacking in psychology along with charisma is more present than it ever has been before. London and Kendrick can't even be mentioned in the same sentence with some of the new guys today. Video game wrestling is drawing today in a niche market, I suppose that's the unfortunate reality of today lol. Evan Bourne when he's not botching is more talented than a lot of guys. Ricochet, bucks, Msk, even some of the dark order guys need to realize that they need to stop doing excessive flips because they don't make any sense in a contest.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts