Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,986 Posts
It's not really worth complaining about honestly. This thread will just result in multiple people saying "FlIPPy GuYssss Sukkk!!'"

This is how wrestling is in 2021, especially if we are talking NXT. It's been that way at the PC since the jump and we all know what we are getting into when we choose to watch the show.

As far as the match, I skipped it. I also skipped Gargano/Kushida. The rest of the PPV was nice though.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not really worth complaining about honestly. This thread will just result in multiple people saying "FlIPPy GuYssss Sukkk!!'"

This is how wrestling is in 2021, especially if we are talking NXT. It's been that way at the PC since the jump and we all know what we are getting into when we choose to watch the show.

As far as the match, I skipped it. I also skipped Gargano/Kushida. The rest of the PPV was nice though.
It is a legitimate complaint especially when flippy dorks are dominating the tag divisions.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What tag team in NXT really does "flippy shit"? If anything most of the teams seem to favor the grounded, rugged strong-style approach(Ciampa/Thatcher, Lorcan/Burch, Strong/Fish, Grizzled Young Veterans, Imperium). The only ones that really favor that high-flying style are MSK and Legado del Fantasma.
It's not so much solely NXT. Just wrestling as a whole. Pushing guys to be tag champions or winning cups that are based on flips and no psychology is just making the scene look bad imo.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
It's not so much solely NXT. Just wrestling as a whole. Pushing guys to be tag champions or winning cups that are based on flips and no psychology is just making the scene look bad imo.
I guess you can blame The Rockers for this since they seem to be the originators of this high-flying fast-paced style back in the late '80s-early '90s. Then you had the Hardys during the late '90s. And a decade ago you had London & Kendrick and the Motor City Machine Guns.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,742 Posts
The guy on the right (I don't care enough to bother learning his name) has one of the most embarrassing physiques I've ever seen in wrestling. Jesus Christ dude, if you want to be a professional wrestler at least give half a fuck about looking the part. Even CM Punk would call this guy "skinny fat".

You expect the casual audience to take you seriously if this is the face of your tag team division.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
The guy on the right (I don't care enough to bother learning his name) has one of the most embarrassing physiques I've ever seen in wrestling. Jesus Christ dude, if you want to be a professional wrestler at least give half a fuck about looking the part. Even CM Punk would call this guy "skinny fat".

You expect the casual audience to take you seriously if this is the face of your tag team division.

View attachment 97388
Not to mention he's literally 5'4. If he was 6'4 it wouldn't be so bad, but this guy looks like edge lord marko stunt.

MSK are dreadful. Who in the fuck is gonna pay to see two tiny 2k19 caws do the exact same shit two thirds of the roster already do?

·
Southern Pride
4,533 Posts
I will say that MSK does some moves different enough to separate themselves from other "flippy wrestlers". I do feel like they are legit talented.

Having said that, their act wont last a long time unless they add more to themselves. Like they are remembered in Impact for their smoking skits, not what they did in the ring. Eventually the fancy moves like the backflip/push move thing or Wes Lee twisting his body from the top turnbuckle while he does a move wont be as fresh and exciting anymore.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,742 Posts
Not to mention he's literally 5'4. If he was 6'4 it wouldn't be so bad, but this guy looks like edge lord marko stunt.

MSK are dreadful. Who in the fuck is gonna pay to see two tiny 2k19 caws do the exact same shit two thirds of the roster already do?
I'll give him a pass for being short. Nothing you can do about that. But these NXT guys basically live at the PC, they have all the equipment, S&C coaches, supplements, anything you'd ever need and you come out looking like this. They don't even have the travel schedule that the main roster had prior to Covid. You literally have nothing to do but train, meal prep, etc at NXT. It inexcusable that so many of the guys in NXT look like they do. This MSK guy is by far the worst offender, I don't believe this guy has ever even seen the inside of a gym let alone picked up a weight.

I mean, even Michael Cole, a f'n announcer, looks in better shape than this dude.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I swear this forum would rather wrestling be like it was 1975, and have everything be incredibly boring. All this forum has is old man yells at clouds complaints.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I swear this forum would rather wrestling be like it was 1975, and have everything be incredibly boring. All this forum has is old man yells at clouds complaints.
No, I want wrestling to be treated seriously. I want to support the guy struggling to win and be invested in the stories. Wrestling was at it's best in 01-05 imo. They looked like grown ass men beating the shit out of each other and there were personal conflicts between the guys. Wrestling now is a bunch of guys who look like they still have fall out boy posters on the wall doing gymnastics and no selling anything. And they don't even tell stories in the ring. It's just a showcase of moves. That is boring.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I will say that MSK does some moves different enough to separate themselves from other "flippy wrestlers". I do feel like they are legit talented.

Having said that, their act wont last a long time unless they add more to themselves. Like they are remembered in Impact for their smoking skits, not what they did in the ring. Eventually the fancy moves like the backflip/push move thing or Wes Lee twisting his body from the top turnbuckle while he does a move wont be as fresh and exciting anymore.
Well, it might be starting already since the CWC crowd were booing MSK last week and cheering and chanting for Legado del Fantasma.

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts

What do mean since the the jump?

I think it's become that way with Gargano/Cole/Ciampa series, but before that NXT was the best shit on TV.

Zayn era, and then Bobby/Nakamura/Drew were fun times, Andrade vs Gargano in Philly was probably the last great match from until I no longer gave a fuck about NXT.
I still love a lot of matches that happened since then, but I would say NXT lost a lot of its original identity since then.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,299 Posts
I'll never understand the irrational hatred that 'wrestling' fans have over FLIPS 😂

Honestly, I was actually rooting for the Grizzled Young Veterans to win this past Sunday since they're a great team that lost in the semi-finals last year, but now I'm glad that MSK ended up winning with silly responses like these :p

Some of you folks can stay mad about the 'flippy' guys. Thankfully, they aren't going away anytime soon ;)

I mean fuck, what is a sports entertainment company doing giving prominence to superstars who are entertaining to watch? Those fucking monsters.
Yep, 'shame' on NXT for featuring good/fun wrestlers!

Nah we just want wrestling that focuses on the storytelling and character building rather than the in ring action.
The in-ring action still matters though. You can't just (choose to) ignore it just because you're unable to appreciate the wrestling aspect.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll never understand the irrational hatred that 'wrestling' fans have over FLIPS 😂

Honestly, I was actually rooting for the Grizzled Young Veterans to win this past Sunday since they're a great team that lost in the semi-finals last year, but now I'm glad that MSK ended up winning with silly responses like these :p

Some of you folks can stay mad about the 'flippy' guys. Thankfully, they aren't going away anytime soon ;)

Yep, 'shame' on NXT for featuring good/fun wrestlers!

The in-ring action still matters though. You can't just (choose to) ignore it just because you're unable to appreciate the wrestling aspect.
Opinions aren't irrational especially when it comes to these bland vanilla wrestlers putting on a display of gymnastics/video game wrestling. Flips arent the problem it's the wrestlers that look silly executing them poorly and or excessively.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,986 Posts
What do mean since the the jump?

I think it's become that way with Gargano/Cole/Ciampa series, but before that NXT was the best shit on TV.

Zayn era, and then Bobby/Nakamura/Drew were fun times, Andrade vs Gargano in Philly was probably the last great match from until I no longer gave a fuck about NXT.
I still love a lot of matches that happened since then, but I would say NXT lost a lot of its original identity since then.
I never really started watching NXT until the Gargano/Balor era so I should have worded that differently.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts