Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: It's late at night and I'm bored, so I don't know if my thinking is straight. But here we go...

I was thinking (and maybe I'm giving WWE creative too much credit) that when Ziggler shows up again (probably on RAW?) if his being a "former WHC" will play a part into his character. Maybe WWE actually did have a reason for giving Ziggler the title.

He'll start strutting around proclaiming himself a former champion and that he "deserves the respect and admiration of the fans and other wrestlers for joining elite company such as The Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, HHH, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, the list goes on!" Of course we'll be reminded often by announcers and other wrestlers that he was WHC for all of 10 minutes....but of course Ziggler will say it still counts and that he is now on an elite level.

Of course, this can't be the only piece to his character, but I'm thinking that when he shows up again, it's going to play a large role. Thoughts and opinions?

·
The Sundance Kid
18,642 Posts
I like it. I just want to see Ziggler stand on his own and show us what he really has as far as mic skills go. I have confidence he can be great but up until now he's been carried by Vickie and not allowed the opportunity to express himself.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm thinking this may be the reason for them doing it... I don't see any other logically stand point... but then again it's the WWE they don't need to be logical...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Oh definitely. He was calling himself the uncrowned/future champion for weeks.

Of course, people will always find something to bitch and complain about how his reign sucks and its a poor gimmick, but The IWC doesn't understand that them bitching on a forum is the same as drawing heat in an arena. I hope, if it happens, it goes well.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I for one hope WWE do not recognise him as a world champion. He's had to work so hard to lose the whole Spirit Squad shit and he's become a legit threat to the title in the past month or two. For WWE to start saying how he's a former champion for 10 minutes would just belittle his career again.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
That would probably just turn him into somewhat of a comedy character tbh, kinda like how Zack Ryder kept saying he is a former number 1 contender but it was a complete joke. I really don't think that Ziggler's 10 minute title reign will have a positive impact on his career.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I for one hope WWE do not recognise him as a world champion. He's had to work so hard to lose the whole Spirit Squad shit and he's become a legit threat to the title in the past month or two. For WWE to start saying how he's a former champion for 10 minutes would just belittle his career again.
It's on the WWE Title History Page of WWE.com
Sorry to say, it's Legit

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
I think that is a tremendous risk and could put Ziggler into RAW Midcard comedy hell. RAW is stacked and doesn't give a damn for the mid card. Anything less than working a monster feud with Daniel Bryan is a big step down from where he was on Smackdown.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ziggler is becoming one of the strongest in ring workers the WWE has. Every week he seems to get better. The WWE knows what they have and he will be pushed. It may take a while but it will happen.

The problem is that everyone in the IWC goes ape shit if someone is put on the back burner even for a few months.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I can see the other side of the argument. RAW midcard hell would be very dangerous. I was reading a little bit about Mr. Nemeth though and I guess he was a pretty prolific amateur wrestler at Kent State, and we all know Vince likes it when wrestlers have those backgrounds. I'm thinking if they start him off with a monster feud against Cena or Orton he'll avoid the midcard.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Man, he sure is selling the hell out of this firing on his Twitter account. I guess he only knows one way to sell things.

I'd love to have him come back as "The Natural" Nick Nemeth and start a real feud with DBD. They had a few great matches last year, and an extended program with an actual storyline could get both guys over huge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts