Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Oh yes.

It was done with Booker T years ago (better too) and Swagger is a taller Kurt Angle with hair.

Cole, for his part, is a shit Vickie Guerrero and he should have got beaten up at Mania to end the storyline and Sheamus and Santino should not have their match overshadowed by his retarded segments and pathetic attempts at being funny and annoying.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
They're just overusing him like they did Vickie Guerrero. It was funny at first, but now it's sad.

· Registered
12,669 Posts
No that wasn't the real queen lol and it was jsut another Cole segment...what the hell is with WWE and forcing him down our throats now? He's not even good at what he does, neither is Vicky . They're both pretty poor

· Registered
10,455 Posts
You would think after the reaction Cole got at Wrestlemania they would cut out some of the crap. Guess not.

· Banned
443 Posts
The Cole/King thing was fine and even entertaining a bit from Rumble to 'Mania. But now it's just overstaying it's welcome. Cole is incredibly annoying and now he is ruining the entire show. It's tolerable when he calls the Raw show like a normal commentator and then does his own lame promo. But it is NOT okay when he not only does his own stupid annoying promos but also spends the entire 2 hours of Raw arguing with King at the announcer's table like he did tonight. Seriously, they weren't even talking about the matches and other wrestlers King and Cole were just going back and forth for an hour.

Even for action soap opera entertainment standards, this is pushing it.

· Registered
250 Posts
The Cole/King thing was fine and even entertaining a bit from Rumble to 'Mania. But now it's just overstaying it's welcome. Cole is incredibly annoying and now he is ruining the entire show. It's tolerable when he calls the Raw show like a normal commentator and then does his own lame promo. But it is NOT okay when he not only does his own stupid annoying promos but also spends the entire 2 hours of Raw arguing with King at the announcer's table like he did tonight. Seriously, they weren't even talking about the matches and other wrestlers King and Cole were just going back and forth for an hour.

Even for action soap opera entertainment standards, this is pushing it.
Exactly this - hearing Cole talk about nothing but himself is really starting to take away from the broadcast. No feud is worth hearing about for an hour straight.

EDIT: Wow my post is pretty much a copy of the one above mine - probably should have read it first ;)

· Registered
533 Posts
yea, it was retarted, after the "this is boring" chant at wrestlemania you think they would've killed it. But no. and now it is taking up way to much time and taking away from the whole show, at least until one or the other gets beat up during the promo and stays in the back the rest of the show. and why would JR and King keep jumping in the ring knowing that swagger would just kick their ass. so dumb

· Registered
512 Posts
I'm gonna post this here, hopefully a mod stickys and merges all Cole posts

How hard is it for you guys to understand? Cole is an easily identifiable heel among the children, he supports the Mizz whom kids hate, hates R-Truth (prior to heel turn), and most of all gets on the Kings case for how shit of a person he is (in character I dont know the man). The King for the kids is this glorified guy, a legend whom is not tarnished by his Attitude Era persona, and is best buddies with JR. Its and easy heel for them to relate to. Then you have the parents of these childern, the other half of the crowd whom cheer for Jerry because their kids do, and boo everything Cole does.

This forum's opinion on this matter is moot. The best thing you can do is switch the channel when it comes on, but as long as kids and parents have such a comic villian/easy fall guy to blame in Cole, this fued will remain on TV. I think 90% of the WWE forum would either want to have Cole/Striker announcing or is still living in the past and wants JR/King back at the table, but either way we don't want this mish mash crap. The fued is comical but serious enough that the kiddies invest in it and thats that.

I do wholeheartedly hate that 20 minutes of my Raw (commercials included) is eaten by the most pitful fued in the past couple of years which has been offered main event time. Imagine the talent whom could have taken this angle and ran with it? Jack Swagger by himself, Ted DiBiase could have used the easy heat, hell any guy on superstars. Its a travesty that its wasted in such way and is persisting, especially since I was duped into believing it was only going to be for Wrestlemania. The continuation of the fued blows and we are going to see it at least 2 more weeks.

· Registered
490 Posts
Cole's promo was great. Better than any of The Rock's promo's this year.
Apart from the fact that it was boring and terrible, yeah it was great... I can't really say this with a serious face now can I. The Rock doesn't fit into this era but compared to Cole even John Morrison promo is good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.