Wrestling Forum banner

Anonymous Raw GM - How did it start?

2211 Views 11 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  mellison24
I just wanted some background on how this storyline started as I was away from wrestling at that time. I remember the special guest hosts like Bob Barker (or whatever his name was) but I didn't see how the anonymous Raw General Manager thing came about.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,666 Posts
Nexus was attacking everyone (remember, cause people without contracts, at the time, can gain access into the event easily). They attacked McMahon and Bret the sellout Hart, who I believe was the previous GM before Anonymous GM.

So the Anonymous GM came about because the GM didn't want to be a victim of Nexus.

To me this eliminates anyone that can actually fight (ie: Triple H, Shawn Michaels, etc.) and has to be someone that's a coward (cause that's how it was being played off) like a non wrestling persona.

With that in mind, I'm sure all that will be disregarded but that is how the anonymous GM was made, due to the Nexus attacks.

Reactions: Darwins Dinner

· Registered
2,476 Posts
bret hart got booted as gm by vince, then i think thats when he appointed the anonymous gm.

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Nexus was attacking everyone (remember, cause people without contracts, at the time, can gain access into the event easily). They attacked McMahon and Bret the sellout Hart, who I believe was the previous GM before Anonymous GM.

So the Anonymous GM came about because the GM didn't want to be a victim of Nexus.

To me this eliminates anyone that can actually fight (ie: Triple H, Shawn Michaels, etc.) and has to be someone that's a coward (cause that's how it was being played off) like a non wrestling persona.

With that in mind, I'm sure all that will be disregarded but that is how the anonymous GM was made, due to the Nexus attacks.
this is correct....i also agree that it probably is a non wrestler personal, IMO i have always thought it was Michael Cole....He just pretends to read e-mails or he e-mails himself using his phone. It gives him complete control of raw and allows him to make stupid/dick rulings without reprecussions.....its perfect for his character.

· Registered
806 Posts
After WMXXVI, Bret Hart became Raw GM. Along comes the Nexus, and in week 2, they beat the stupid out of him. Then they do the same to Vince. Then they announce the Anonymous GM, then creative realised it's total sewage, and consequently they would run it long past its logical conclusion.

· Old School
5,131 Posts
this is correct....i also agree that it probably is a non wrestler personal, IMO i have always thought it was Michael Cole....He just pretends to read e-mails or he e-mails himself using his phone. It gives him complete control of raw and allows him to make stupid/dick rulings without reprecussions.....its perfect for his character.
It can't be because the Anon GM has never shown favoritism. On top of that I believe it's even made comments against Cole.

· Registered
2,508 Posts
I dont think the GM remained anonymous because he was a coward. I thoguht I remember it as the GM simply wishes to remain anonymous.

Either way though, it started around the nexus angle started.

· Registered
314 Posts

This to me is what doesn't make sense anymore. Nexus was jumping everyone when this started. Now Nexus is just some dudes that follow CM Punk around and they don't randomly attack anyone anymore.

The reason the GM remains anonymous is because creative can't come up with a face to go with it and its just easier to leave it as it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.