Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they ever have anyone serious in mind to unveil for that role or was that just a silly gimmick at that time?

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
Did they ever have anyone serious in mind to unveil for that role or was that just a silly gimmick at that time?
I feel like they didnt. There were a lot of rumors on who it couldve been but I just think it got old so they ended it with revealing it was Hornswaggle.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
as with most things in wwe I believe they came up with the gimmick before establishing where it would lead to. In most TV shows they will decide who the person is then build on that, in wwe they just go ahead and come up with the main detail later on and thats why most things rarely make sense.

I dont believe wwe even knew who the "higher power" was going to be until late on when vince did the whole "it was me austin".

I remember a show here and fans were moaning about how the unveiled killer couldnt of done it and it turned out that they had about 10 different killers and just picked one at random so the story never made much sense in the end because they couldnt of possibly built towards an end goal that wasnt decided upon. It was kept open to keep people guessing and therefore it ended in a total mess. They posted a video of different actors confessing to the killing.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Anon GM, VKM limo bombing, who is the boss's son?

WWE can't seem to get away from mystery box writing just to delay the inevitable.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Anon GM, VKM limo bombing, who is the boss's son?

WWE can't seem to get away from mystery box writing just to delay the inevitable.
I’m pretty sure the VKM’s son was set to be Mr. Kennedy, then he failed a drug test and it ruined the angle so they just went quick get-it-over-with comedy to not leave it hanging.

The fact that his name was Kennedy makes it kind of a no-brained and up to that point I think they were steadily building him to be a major player.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
It was a very poor way to end an intriguing angle. Hornswoggle was an annoying character, yet he is the anon GM? Come on.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Fucking hell, was the Anonymous GM thing that long ago already that a thread about it belongs in this section nowadays?! I thought this section was only for stuff that happened until 2001-2002. Not a shot at you, OP, I just felt REALLY OLD seeing a thread about this subject in this section.

It didn't lead to anywhere and Michael Cole was annoying as hell at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts