Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What common or uncommon phrases really get under your skin? Here are a couple that I despise.

"Don't give up the day job" -Always hated this phrase with a passion. When said seriously it is the true mark of a bitter person who doesn't want you to attempt something that they failed at. If someone really enjoys something then why does it matter if they suck at it - as long as the person isn't in a state of delusion that directly effects their lifestyle in a negative manner then they should be able to freely practice whatever they want and not feel bad if they aren't particularly strong at something. This close minded elitiism is part of the reason why the national school system is in such a state becuse schoolchildren learn facts before they learn to love their subject.

"Run, Forest, Run" - Not only an idiotic phrase but also a quote from a film that I despise so everytime someone shouts it at me I become doubly annoyed. I also never manage to think of a witty response in time and that will grind on me for the rest of the day.

I also hate the fact that I use the word 'cool' about fifty times a day.

Reactions: Rush

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, I have never heard that phrase in my life but I can imagine it getting annoying very quickly.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
"Live every day as if it was your last"

So basically it's suggesting me to totally lose it, shove people around, steal everything I desire and worry about getting laid throughout the whole time. At least those are my plans for 12/21/2010, the basic end-of-the-world scenario.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, yeah if everyone were to truly live everyday as if it was their last then every day would be arnachy.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't heard wakey wakey since I was about seven. That would drive me up the wall.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha ha my mum just rants, I never really take in anything she says.

Reactions: Bruze

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't mind the phrase joshin but that's because I barely ever hear it used. If it became common around me I might start to get a bit annoyed...

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
'You know what I mean' when added to the end of a sentence so transparent that there is zero poosibility of confusion.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am guilty of that all the time and usually always do it if I'm nervous whilst talking to someone and I'll literally get to the stage where I'm spouting such nonesense as "So I was cold, like really cold, do you know what I mean?" Facepalm worthy.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
'You know what I mean' when added to the end of a sentence so transparent that there is zero poosibility of confusion.
:(

Well sorry if I'm not sure everyone's heard a terrible John Cena rap song in order to get my just as terrible pun. They can consider themselves lucky, though.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
"Somebody's on their period..."

Yeah, and somebody failed biology.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
I don't think there are really any phrases that actually annoy me...

I could probably do without hearing, "you have the right to remain silent" ever again though.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts