Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the pro wrestling business, the age-old expression is "card subject to change."

However, last night, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon told a few key insiders the Wrestlemania announcing assignments that Wrestlezone can now exclusively report.

Michael Cole will not announce Wrestlemania.

Neither will Jerry "The King" Lawler.

The play-by-play announcer for Wrestlemania will be Josh Matthews, and his color commentator, at least as of now, will be Booker T.

There was word going around last night that Jim Ross will end up calling the main events, including Undertaker vs HHH. However, that has not been confirmed, and we also have a report from a major player within WWE that Ross will only call the two title matches at the show.

For whatever this is worth, Ross downplayed all speculation yesterday, telling people he won't get his hopes up, but is "ready to serve if drafted into action."

There is no word what Michael Cole's role will be going forward. There are some who feel he should become a full time manager, and become WWE's top heel personality. Others feel this heel run needs to run its course, with Cole finally returning to his old role.

While WWE likes to have an idea about Summer Slam by the time we get this close to Wrestlemania, we have been told all ideas are up in the air, although "Vince has apparently decided what he wants to do with Rock, Cena, and Miz, but he's not telling us yet!"

I was just wondering what everybody thinks about Josh Matthews and Booker T being the commentaters for WM. I really hope JR commentates at least a couple of matches.

Also what do people think the possibillity of maybe The Rock wrestling at Summer Slam. I can't see him wrestling at Summer Slam but it would be pretty awesome if it was a triple threat match with The Rock vs Cena vs The Miz.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
?

I don't understand why they'd have JR call the main events but not the whole card. They'd basically be saying ok Josh, you're good enough to cover the low and mid card but not good enough to call the main events. Either he's not good enough or he is, if he's good enough he should call the whole card if not, JR needs to do the whole card.

· Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,092 Posts
?

I don't understand why they'd have JR call the main events but not the whole card. They'd basically be saying ok Josh, you're good enough to cover the low and mid card but not good enough to call the main events. Either he's not good enough or he is, if he's good enough he should call the whole card if not, JR needs to do the whole card.
It could end up tying into the Cole/Lawler match. JR comes out during the match, punches out Cole, and reclaims his spot as "Voice of the WWE" for the rest of the show. It'd at least seem less blatant that way.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
I think JR will come down during the cole v lawler match and interfere and then start calling the match. Then he will sit down the booker and josh and call the rest of the ppv

· Registered
9,682 Posts
Really? It would mean to me that we were gonna get a decent commentator for once.
1st they make it the main event, then have arguably WWE's most famous commentator ever to call it when he hasn't called a main event in what close to 2 years? Maybe I'm just looking into it too much but maybe Vince is allowing him to call that match because something big is gonna happen...I think that thing will be Taker losing

· Registered
979 Posts
i dont think JR will commentate the lawler/cole match, he will most likely interfere to help lawler win then have a few beers with stone cold then take his place to commentate the last 2/3 matches

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Josh Matthews and Booker T may well be the worst commentary team in WrestleMania history. Please, please, please let JR join them for the whole show.

· Banned
13,624 Posts
i think JR should just called the whole show because i dont think Josh and Booker can do it on their own

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
Booker T = DO. NOT. WANT. At least I'll be there live so I won't have to hear him lol.

I hope JR calls Taker/HHH and he will most likely call Cole/Lawler too. I'm now convinced that WWE are intentionally making Cole/Lawler THE biggest match on the card. Most hype, most ratings, most opportunity to get ratings, a co-main event and now JR, the greatest announcer of all time calling the match. What the actual fuck lol?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.