Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this sounds crazy, but is it possible that announce tell us wwe money situation? In the Attitude Era days, announce tables were broken every week. As the year's went by, the amount of the breaking of tables reduced dramatically.
I read that Announce tables cost between $5,000-7,000. This shows that WWE back then were not afraid to destroy their property.
Do not hate on me, this was just a suggestion

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
They just pulled the highest WrestleMania buyrate in history. Maybe it's just a sign that the product is dumbed down and weak? Don't read too much into it.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Or maybe breaking announce tables lost their luster [Which they did]?

·
Premium Member
19,306 Posts
Those tables, regardless of how much they cost, are like 4 pieces... "Breaking through a table" was just the sides falling out. Snap them back in...

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Maybe they stopped doing it ALL THE TIME so that when it does happen its SOMETHING NEW, FRESH AND EXCITING!

God forbid the WWE actually tries to limit things like that these days.

I remember a time where every WWF pay per view main event involved a wild brawl up the entrance way, into the crowd, back into the ring, culminating with the table being destroyed in some way shape or form. What happened? It became a tired act. That's why you don't see it every show anymore.

Reactions: floyd2386

·
Registered
208 Posts
Maybe they stopped doing it ALL THE TIME so that when it does happen its SOMETHING NEW, FRESH AND EXCITING!

God forbid the WWE actually tries to limit things like that these days.

I remember a time where every WWF pay per view main event involved a wild brawl up the entrance way, into the crowd, back into the ring, culminating with the table being destroyed in some way shape or form. What happened? It became a tired act. That's why you don't see it every show anymore.
Nothing that describes the current era.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Russo had a thing for breaking tables, according to Cornette. Maybe a bigger difference, than budget..... And $5000 tables? :lmao

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
There was a time when Kane would chokeslam somebody through an announce table every week, kinda got stale after a while.

·
Registered
670 Posts
When was the last time someone went through one? Was it Cena/ADR or Cena/Kane?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts