Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
God forbid but if you were held down and overpowered by another man and he raped you, would you report it straight away? Can you think of any reasons, hypothetically, why you might not want to? At least, not as soon as it happened?
If a man were the victim of a crime or was violated to such a degree I would expect them to report it to the police. I honestly can't think of a good reason not to, unless of course they were extremely ashamed and didn't want to share the experience at the expense of their pride. But I do believe they have a moral obligation to report the crime yes.

What is your counter argument exactly?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I honestly can't think of a good reason not to, unless of course they were extremely ashamed and didn't want to share the experience at the expense of their pride.
Thank you. This would be a huge issue for a lot of guys in my opinion, and it lends to my point of expections of people be expected to report rape or traumatic experiences to others straight away. It's just not realistic.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thank you. This would be a huge issue for a lot of guys in my opinion, and it lends to my point of expections of people be expected to report rape or traumatic experiences to others straight away. It's just not realistic.
How does this apply to Annabella Sciorra though? She had no 'male pride' or 'male ego' to preserve. And traumatic experience or not she still would have had a moral obligation to report her violent rape to the police. Not wait 25 years until the perpetrator was conveniently the center of a huge lawsuit.

Let's assume she's telling the truth. Let's assume she was violently raped and she was too taken aback to report the crime right away. Why wait 25 years then? If she knows this guy is out there brutally raping women, why did she stay silent this long?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts