Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Annabella Sciorra Tells Jury Chilling Recollection Of Night Harvey Weinstein Raped Her
By Ted Johnson
Ted Johnson

January 23, 2020 8:47am

Annabella Sciorra recounted to a jury how Harvey Weinstein burst into her apartment sometime in the winter of 1993-94, pinned her on a bed and raped her, leaving her so traumatized that she began to shake so much she thought she was having a seizure.

As Weinstein sat at the defense table, largely looking down writing on a legal pad, Sciorra recalled that she had tried to fend him off during the counter.

“I was punching him, kicking him,” she said, looking at a prosecutor and directly at the jury, her voice emotional and occasionally cracking. “I was just trying to get him away from me. He put my hands over my head to hold them back, and he got on top of me and he raped me. He put his penis inside my vagina and he raped me.”

Raising her arms in the air, she showed how she said Weinstein, on top of her, put her hands over her head, and she was unable to fight him off “because he had my hands locked.”

“At a certain point, he came out of me,” Sciorra said.

Asked by prosecutor Joan Illuzi what Weinstein did next, Sciorra recalled, “He said I have perfect timing.”

She said that then Weinstein “proceeded to put his mouth on my vagina, and before he did that, he said, ‘This is for you.’ I didn’t have much fight left inside of me at that point. I said, ‘No, No.’ There was not much I could do.” She said that at that point, “my body shut down. It was so disgusting that my body started to shake in a way that was very unusual. It was like a seizure.”

She said that after he left, she is not sure if she “fainted or fell asleep or blacked out.”

“I don’t remember the immediate reaction when I woke up,” Sciorra said. “I don’t remember much except for feeling disgusting.”

She did not report the assault to the police. She said that at the time, she didn’t know what constituted the crime of rape, thinking it had to do with sexual assaults in back alleyways and at gunpoint. In this case, she knew Weinstein, having already done a film project for Miramax.

“I felt like he was a nice person. I thought he was an OK guy. I felt confused. I felt like i never should have opened the door,” she said.

She did call her brothers to come over, but they did not. “I wanted them to come over to protect me,” she said, crying. Her brother’s girlfriend came over, but she did not tell her, nor did she tell her brothers or friends.

She started retreating from her friends, secluding herself in her apartment. She began drinking and cutting herself, and started to paint a room from white to blood red with tubes of oil paint.

“I began to cut myself,” she said. “I would put blood from my fingers and my hands into this masterpiece. Wherever I put blood, I would put pieces of gold leaf to mark it.”

She said that when she later saw Weinstein, she brought up what happened.

“I told him how I had woken up and I told him how I blacked out and fainted, and he said, ‘That is what all the nice Catholic girls say.’” She said he also told her, “This remains between you and me.”

“It was very menacing,” Sciorra said. “His eyes went black, and I thought he was going to hit me right there.”

Sciorra said that the night of the assault, he had given her a ride home from a Miramax dinner at a Manhattan restaurant to her Gramercy Park apartment (others at the dinner included actress Uma Thurman). She said that their conversation on the ride was uneventful, and that he just dropped her off and she went up to her unit.

When she got dressed for bed in a nightgown, she heard a knock on the door. Even though her building had a doorman, she answered and he was there.

He pushed the door, and she said that she “didn’t have time to understand why he was there.” He started to “sort of walk around” and Weinstein began to unbutton his shirt.

“Then I realized he thought we were going to be having sex,” she said, adding that she made clear she was not interested, and “I told him he had to leave.”

Sciorra was the first accuser to take the stand in Weinstein’s sexual assault trial. Her allegations are too old to prosecute on their own, but she is a part of the prosecution’s case as they pursue charges that Weinstein was a serial predator.

Weinstein, 67, faces five charges of sexual assault stemming from allegations by two women, Jessica Mann and Miriam Haleyi, related to incidents in 2006 and 2013. They also are expected to testify. Weinstein has insisted that all the sexual encounters were consensual. If convicted, he could face life in prison.

As Sciorra testified, Weinstein only occasionally looked toward her, instead focusing on taking notes. His view of the witness box was somewhat obstructed by the judge’s desk. But when she was asked to identify the defendant, Sciorra stood up from the witness box to peer over and point at him. He looked directly at her as she was asked to describe what he was wearing — a black suit and white shirt.

·
Registered
209 Posts
She sounds crazy tbh.

She was 33 years old. I find it hard to believe she didn't know what the definition of rape was. When someone is forcing you to have sex against your will despite your clear and obvious objections, in spite of you punching and kicking... why wouldn't you assume you've just been raped? Wtf is there to be confused about?

Then of course there's this:

She started retreating from her friends, secluding herself in her apartment. She began drinking and cutting herself, and started to paint a room from white to blood red with tubes of oil paint.

“I began to cut myself,” she said. “I would put blood from my fingers and my hands into this masterpiece. Wherever I put blood, I would put pieces of gold leaf to mark it.”
^ Yup... totally not a crazy person.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
She sounds crazy tbh.

She was 33 years old. I find it hard to believe she didn't know what the definition of rape was. When someone is forcing you to have sex against your will despite your clear and obvious objections, in spite of you punching and kicking... why wouldn't you assume you've just been raped? Wtf is there to be confused about?

Then of course there's this:

^ Yup... totally not a crazy person.
I also questioned her not being sure what rape was but at the same time it was obviously a very stressful and confusing situation and I have no idea what kind of mindset someone would be in after that.

Also really?? I'm going to excuse someone for going a bit crazy after being raped. People do insane things after going through traumatic experiences. Self harming is pretty fucking normal for girls/women who've experienced truama or going through depression. Which she definitely was....

I'm not someone who says believe all women..... But that was pretty damn insensitive

·
Registered
209 Posts
I also questioned her not being sure what rape was but at the same time it was obviously a very stressful and confusing situation and I have no idea what kind of mindset someone would be in after that.
A man you don't want to have sex with is forcing himself upon you in spite of your physical objections. What is 'confusing' about this situation?

Also really?? I'm going to excuse someone for going a bit crazy after being raped. People do insane things after going through traumatic experiences. Self harming is pretty fucking normal for girls/women who've experienced truama or going through depression. Which she definitely was....
Self harming is also normal of people who are depressed, emotionally unstable and starved for attention. I have an ex who used to work in the hospital on a detox unit and believe me I've heard a ton of stories.

I'm not someone who says believe all women..... But that was pretty damn insensitive
Isn't it also insensitive to accuse someone of rape? Especially when that same person confesses not to know what rape actually is? What if she's wrong? If her story wasn't so full of questions and contradictions you'd have a point.

Also men are raped too you know. Would you extend this same logic to a man? Imagine some guy was recalling his own story and said things like... "I wasn't sure if I was being raped or not"... "I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel at the time"... "I was confused"... "I don't remember what happened after that I may have blacked out or fainted"... "I didn't tell anyone it happened or report it to the police because technically I didn't know if I was raped or not"... "I don't remember how I felt the next day but I felt disgusting"... "I spent the next few days cutting my wrists and painting the walls with my own blood".

Sorry but you'd rightfully think this guy was either crazy or full of shit.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
He's a maniac psycho rapist, lock the motherfucker and let him take coke can cocks up his ass for the rest of his days.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,526 Posts
You're 33 and you don't know what rape is? Spare me.

Weinstein is a piece of trash and should be castrated, but this chick doesn't come off as a reliable narrator.

·
Premium Member
16,604 Posts
A man you don't want to have sex with is forcing himself upon you in spite of your physical objections. What is 'confusing' about this situation?

Self harming is also normal of people who are depressed, emotionally unstable and starved for attention. I have an ex who used to work in the hospital on a detox unit and believe me I've heard a ton of stories.

Isn't it also insensitive to accuse someone of rape? Especially when that same person confesses not to know what rape actually is? What if she's wrong? If her story wasn't so full of questions and contradictions you'd have a point.

Also men are raped too you know. Would you extend this same logic to a man? Imagine some guy was recalling his own story and said things like... "I wasn't sure if I was being raped or not"... "I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel at the time"... "I was confused"... "I don't remember what happened after that I may have blacked out or fainted"... "I didn't tell anyone it happened or report it to the police because technically I didn't know if I was raped or not"... "I don't remember how I felt the next day but I felt disgusting"... "I spent the next few days cutting my wrists and painting the walls with my own blood".

Sorry but you'd rightfully think this guy was either crazy or full of shit.
Plenty of people have unwilling sex, sometimes by force and other times in confusion. Someone who you think is nice, a reputable person, abuses that. This is a large part of the recent movement to out Hollywood elites who have committed rape. Women who had unwilling sex look back and realize it was rape but they didn't consider the person to be a bad person...so it couldn't have been raped. Maybe it was just bad sex? Because a reputable person wouldn't commit rape. Maybe I was wrong to deny him? Because a good person wouldn't commit rape.

This is why all this crap is coming to light. People are looking back at situations they didn't think was rape because a rapist was always portrayed as some creepy guy in a dark alley.

you said:
"I wasn't sure if I was being raped or not"... "I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel at the time"... "I was confused"... "I don't remember what happened after that I may have blacked out or fainted"... "I didn't tell anyone it happened or report it to the police because technically I didn't know if I was raped or not"... "I don't remember how I felt the next day but I felt disgusting"... "I spent the next few days cutting my wrists and painting the walls with my own blood".

This is exactly the shit a rape victim says. It would be horrible to hear a man say this. I would extend the exact same logic. Many rape victims are horrified and hurt themselves because they're confused why a person they trusted just did something they didn't want to do. But, it can't be rape because this isn't a dude in a dark alley tying me up. It must be something else.

You're right. It's not insensitive of you because it's actually you being an asshole to a rape victim. Insensitive would have been nicer.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Yeah there's really no need to get stuck on what's a relatively small detail in the whole traumatic event

She did not report the assault to the police. She said that at the time, she didn’t know what constituted the crime of rape, thinking it had to do with sexual assaults in back alleyways and at gunpoint. In this case, she knew Weinstein, having already done a film project for Miramax.
Who would've thought a victim of rape suffering trauma would've felt something like this.It doesn't change anything, it doesn't hurt her credibility at all.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Plenty of people have unwilling sex, sometimes by force and other times in confusion. Someone who you think is nice, a reputable person, abuses that. This is a large part of the recent movement to out Hollywood elites who have committed rape. Women who had unwilling sex look back and realize it was rape but they didn't consider the person to be a bad person...so it couldn't have been raped. Maybe it was just bad sex? Because a reputable person wouldn't commit rape. Maybe I was wrong to deny him? Because a good person wouldn't commit rape.

This is why all this crap is coming to light. People are looking back at situations they didn't think was rape because a rapist was always portrayed as some creepy guy in a dark alley.
Rape is forcible entry, not "confused sex". Not when you're 33 years old. She wasn't some child. She either was sold on sex or she wasn't.

People like you keep broadening the definition of rape to the point where it's lost all meaning. Now if a woman regrets any sexual encounter she could say she was emotionally confused or manipulated after the fact... and that same man will be labelled a rapist. Sorry that's disgusting. It's not the same.

And she clearly states in her story that she was "punching and kicking" and that he was ignoring her physical protests... so if that's true then there's clearly nothing to be confused about. Any rational woman would have known they'd just been raped against their will. Her story doesn't add up.

But by all means keep playing white knight.

·
Premium Member
16,604 Posts
Rape is forcible entry, not "confused sex". Not when you're 33 years old. She wasn't some child. She either was sold on sex or she wasn't.

People like you keep broadening the definition of rape to the point where it's lost all meaning. Now if a woman regrets any sexual encounter she could say she was emotionally confused or manipulated after the fact... and that same man will be labelled a rapist. Sorry that's disgusting. It's not the same.

And she clearly states in her story that she was "punching and kicking" and that he was ignoring her physical protests... so if that's true then there's clearly nothing to be confused about. Any rational woman would have known they'd just been raped against their will. Her story doesn't add up.

But by all means keep playing white knight.
Nope.

Stop posting. You don't get to define rape. "...where it's lost all meaning." What the fuck is wrong with you? You're defending the definition of rape. Harvey forcible stuck his penis in her vagina, her literal quote. It is not her fault that she was confused, again because I guess saying it 100 times didn't stick, that a person she trusted did this to her. You should tell a child who is raped by their uncle that it's not rape because the child didn't fight back.

I'm not going to argue every women's sexual encounter with you. Not every claim of rape is rape. But, you have no right to make a blanket list of requirements for it to be considered rape or not. Each case is unique and requires attention.

You can't dismiss rape by claiming I'm a white knight. You can't excuse yourself for being despicable because it's HeR fAuLt FoR nOt SaYiNg SoMeThInG sOoNeR. Or, that she should be completely composed during a rape and thereafter and have an accurate account of events for the police, maybe a color coded timeline of the evening.

By all means keep saying that she's in the wrong for being raped.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nope.

Stop posting. You don't get to define rape. "...where it's lost all meaning." What the fuck is wrong with you? You're defending the definition of rape. Harvey forcible stuck his penis in her vagina, her literal quote. It is not her fault that she was confused, again because I guess saying it 100 times didn't stick, that a person she trusted did this to her. You should tell a child who is raped by their uncle that it's not rape because the child didn't fight back.

I'm not going to argue every women's sexual encounter with you. Not every claim of rape is rape. But, you have no right to make a blanket list of requirements for it to be considered rape or not. Each case is unique and requires attention.

You can't dismiss rape by claiming I'm a white knight. You can't excuse yourself for being despicable because it's HeR fAuLt FoR nOt SaYiNg SoMeThInG sOoNeR. Or, that she should be completely composed during a rape and thereafter and have an accurate account of events for the police, maybe a color coded timeline of the evening.

By all means keep saying that she's in the wrong for being raped.
Rape is forcible entry, not "confused sex". She was 33 years old for god sakes, not some child. Kind of hard to "trick" a woman into having sex at that age.

You carry on as if guys don't also have sexual encounters they regret after the fact. Let's say your bud's ex-girlfriend of several years is being super aggressive and throwing you signs. She's touching up against you practically begging for it. Yes you hope better judgement prevails but some men lose the will power and succumb to temptation. Can they retroactively claim they were 'emotionally manipulated' after the fact? What if the guy felt really guilty afterward and wasn't happy with himself? Is that rape?

Or what if some ugly girl you meet at a bar is dancing with you and you aren't really feeling her at first but... but she persists on and on and grabs you by the hand and takes you to the bathroom. You didn't plan on it and you weren't aiming for it... but here you are about to get a blowjob from some skeezer. It happens. Had she not been the aggressor it probably wouldn't have happened.

If you want women to have the power to label men rapists after every time they have regrettable sexual encounter, then chances are half the men you know including some of your friends are rapists.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Rape is forcible entry, not "confused sex". She was 33 years old for god sakes, not some child. Kind of hard to "trick" a woman into having sex at that age.

You carry on as if guys don't also have sexual encounters they regret after the fact. Let's say your bud's ex-girlfriend of several years is being super aggressive and throwing you signs. She's touching up against you practically begging for it. Yes you hope better judgement prevails but some men lose the will power and succumb to temptation. Can they retroactively claim they were 'emotionally manipulated' after the fact? What if the guy felt really guilty afterward and wasn't happy with himself? Is that rape?

Or what if some ugly girl you meet at a bar is dancing with you and you aren't really feeling her at first but... but she persists on and on and grabs you by the hand and takes you to the bathroom. You didn't plan on it and you weren't aiming for it... but here you are about to get a blowjob from some skeezer. It happens. Had she not been the aggressor it probably wouldn't have happened.

If you want women to have the power to label men rapists after every time they have regrettable sexual encounter, then chances are half the men you know including some of your friends are rapists.
Why the hell are you so stuck on this and continue using it? Have you been raped? Have any idea what trauma can do to people's perceptions, reactions etc? You're not in any position to judge how anyone deals with this.

This piece of shit has accusation after accusation pinned on him, he had a rep in the industry, yet all you can talk about is women regretting sex and labelling men as rapists over and over. He had power of her and he abused it, it's always a big power play and this guy needs to rot in jail and get whats coming to him, full stop.

·
Premium Member
16,604 Posts

I don't read past the first 2 sentences.

Don't dismiss rape with "it can happen to men, too.". That doesn't make rape ok on either end. Rape is bad; it doesn't always come from the people you expect; it happens both ways.

"Better judgement"
"Everytime"

I'm not arguing hypotheticals. What you said in your original posts was wrong. I've explained why.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Don't take it up with me fellas, take it up with Webster's Dictionary:

rape:
: unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception

You can say "you're wrong" all you want but you're not offering any valid arguments. You guys are trying to broaden the definition so it can match your warped viewpoints.

A 33 year old adult woman is perfectly capable of consent, and if she was forced against her will as her story claims then she should have reported it the day after it happened. Had she said "I was afraid for my career"... or "I was afraid of what Harvey might do"... that would be one thing. That would be believable. But to come out of the woodwork 25 years later and claim "I didn't report it because I wasn't sure if I had technically been raped or not"... I'm sorry fellas but that is sketchy as hell and raises doubt.

It's actually amazing how sensitive and illogical people become when discussing rape. Mostly from the type of people who don't usually get laid and think being an 'ally' will score them virtue points. I mean I really, REALLY hope you guys get written consent before entering a woman's legs or else I don't know how else you'll be able to look yourself in the mirror the next day.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
^ On topic you have quite the rapist wit!

The wit of someone who wears an orange tuxedo, drives 2 thousand miles for a girl they hardly know and is willing to trade a 1988 Chevy Econoline van for a mini-bike using the milage as a good bargaining point.

·
Premium Member
16,604 Posts
Don't take it up with me fellas, take it up with Webster's Dictionary:

rape:
: unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception

You can say "you're wrong" all you want but you're not offering any valid arguments. You guys are trying to broaden the definition so it can match your warped viewpoints.

A 33 year old adult woman is perfectly capable of consent, and if she was forced against her will as her story claims then she should have reported it the day after it happened. Had she said "I was afraid for my career"... or "I was afraid of what Harvey might do"... that would be one thing. That would be believable. But to come out of the woodwork 25 years later and claim "I didn't report it because I wasn't sure if I had technically been raped or not"... I'm sorry fellas but that is sketchy as hell and raises doubt.

It's actually amazing how sensitive and illogical people become when discussing rape. Mostly from the type of people who don't usually get laid and think being an 'ally' will score them virtue points. I mean I really, REALLY hope you guys get written consent before entering a woman's legs or else I don't know how else you'll be able to look yourself in the mirror the next day.
I don't want to acknowledge personal attacks or do any in return. I'm legitimately worried for you and the people around you.

That definition you provided what is said in the news story applies. Incapable of valid consent because of deception. Often it's done by someone they trusted who deceived them. She even physically fought back. But, you're confusing assault and rape. They are not both required. I'm not denying people are going to abuse the definition, but in this case it's not being abused. In most cases, people who are raped are left confused, depressed, and feeling broken. To say self harm is the signs of a person in depression not a rape victim is ignorant.

I'll repeat: Rape isn't just a black & white thing in which a creepy person is physically holding someone down against their will. That's a fact. That's been argued and proven in a court a law. You're then mixing the act of rape and how a victim behaves afterwards. Not all rape victims have a light bulb go off, run to a dictionary to define the act, or are completely conscious of the act. It's called shock, being deceived, being physically violated. If you're best friend punches you in the face, you're not going to run to a dictionary to define assault and then report it to the police because you trust this friend.

A person who is raped is not going to be logical moments later, sometimes years later. You're ignoring that she trusted this person who raped her. The same reason you are saying "25 years ago seems shady" is the reason she didn't report it 1, 2, 3 etc years later. Because there are people like you who believe if it's not reported as rape within a set time frame afterwards people won't believe her. You think a rape victim is perfectly fine once the rape starts and able to run to the police to report it, but only if it's the next day. So, after a week goes by where this lady is worried about what will happen to her, a month, a year....now she is terrified of reporting it.

To bounce back to your classic argument "if this were a man you wouldn't be saying this..." is bullshit. I would say the same. The fact you think that is a reason men are afraid to come forward to. We'd be embarrassed, laughed at, and in the same shock - arguably worse because no one would believe us.

·
Registered
209 Posts
@All Elite Wanking please then define what "rape" means to you. Because in order for us to even have a discussion we need to first agree on what constitutes as rape.

You know where I stand on the matter. As far as I'm concerned rape is forcible entry.

And yet according to you:

I'll repeat: Rape isn't just a black & white thing in which a creepy person is physically holding someone down against their will. That's a fact. That's been argued and proven in a court a law. You're then mixing the act of rape and how a victim behaves afterwards.
Well I'm sorry but when you're going to label someone a rapist, it better a black and white thing. If murder is black and white and other violent crimes are black and white, then rape needs to be too. You can't just blur the lines and let people define it however they want.

You can't just insist everyone is a victim and how dare anyone question them. Laws and logic still have to apply.

·
The face that runs the List
10,259 Posts
IMO when you get raped you have a moral obligation to report it so that it doesn't happen to someone else. I'm both angry at and sad for her. And I hope Harvey dies in jail from serious anal bleeding.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
IMO when you get raped you have a moral obligation to report it so that it doesn't happen to someone else. I'm both angry at and sad for her. And I hope Harvey dies in jail from serious anal bleeding.
God forbid but if you were held down and overpowered by another man and he raped you, would you report it straight away? Can you think of any reasons, hypothetically, why you might not want to? At least, not as soon as it happened?

·
The face that runs the List
10,259 Posts
God forbid but if you were held down and overpowered by another man and he raped you, would you report it straight away? Can you think of any reasons, hypothetically, why you might not want to? At least, not as soon as it happened?
I would want him to pay and not be able to do it ever again.

Last year I was replaced in one of my classes by a total creep who would stare at the female students during classes and touch them any chance he could (he pretended to fall, to pat their shoulders to make them turn around etc).
One of them came to me and told me she was very uncomfortable but too scared to report it. I told her she had to before it went too far and so she did. We later found out he had been transfered from another school after inviting 15 year olds to his place.

He was fired for good. I'm glad my student spoke and the guy was stopped for good. She probably saved another girl from something awful.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts