Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 254 Posts

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Man how can you not get emotional when watching Attack on Titan I'm I right? Erwin speech to his Soldiers telling them were going to die together, but it's for the greatest cause and purpose to kill The Beast Titan and save the World man that got me hard. I don't know if Levi i going to get the job done knowing who The Beast Titan is and me wanting him to get that family reunion spot, but Erwin and those deaths coming need to have Levi finish the job. It will break my heart if Levi doesn't succeed can't wait for the next Episode!

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Man how can you not get emotional when watching Attack on Titan I'm I right? Erwin speech to his Soldiers telling them were going to die together, but it's for the greatest cause and purpose to kill The Beast Titan and save the World man that got me hard. I don't know if Levi i going to get the job done knowing who The Beast Titan is and me wanting him to get that family reunion spot, but Erwin and those deaths coming need to have Levi finish the job. It will break my heart if Levi doesn't succeed can't wait for the next Episode!
I got sad at the the relief on his face when Levi told him to die... You can tell he has many regrets :mj2

I read this in the manga but the anime was on a whole nother level, especially Erwin's VA killing the dialogue.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Another banger of a Episode for Attack on Titan. Armin's sacrifice and death to the plan of taking out Reiner and Bertholdt and the Beast Titan was done perfectly while also being one of the saddest things I've seen in Anime. He knew he was going to die, but he just stood his ground for Eren to get his opening. I'm really hoping all three die, but that is native of me to think that is going to happen, but I can see them possibly trying to kill themselves to cover up their secrets.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Just finished watching the first season of Mob Psycho 100. One Punch Man and Mob Psych 100 are almost completely spiritually identical. It is due to this that I have pretty much exactly the same likes and dislikes for Mob as I do Punch.

This is namely in that One has such wonderful ideas and at least in the case of Punch's first season, his ideas are realised with incredibly high quality animation, it almost seems a shame that One keeps taking his foot off of the gas to do something goofy, rather than just embracing his own brilliance without any irony.

It is true that some of the comedy is genuinely laugh out loud hilarious here, much more so than it is in Punch for my tastes, but it was still a shame to me every time One sets up an epic moment and then subverts it and turns it into the punchline of a joke instead. I know people got quite angry with me for making a similar criticism with Punch so I know I am quite alone in these feelings, but they are my feelings all the same.

It is also however not lost on me that a lot of Mob and Punch wouldn't probably work in a more serious setting given how bonkers things get and One really is at his best when his imagination seems to be running at overdrive with no filter. I guess you could say that this goofball slant is a real double edged sword, but I just feel something like I dunno... One Piece just gets the balance better.

Much like with season one of One Punch Man, outside of the dazzling action sequences Mob also hides so much depth beneath so much surface silliness. As the show develops and you get more used to the weirdness you'll be surprised by how relatable the characters are and how emotionally invested you end up.

While One is surely at his best when his imagination runs wild, I guess his real strength is how much he understands just how mundane life is and how he can weave that mundanity and all that comes with that so seamlessly into his stories, when really you would think this mundanity has no place.

I just hope season two isn't a complete failure like OPM 2 has been so far.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Speaking for someone who has already watched Season 2 of Mob Psycho 100 it takes everything up a notch I feel and improves on it. Get prepared for the INSANITY!
I am hype!

Any filler in season two? Cant seem to find a filler list anywhere.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Incredible last episode of AoT. I'd say it's definitely my favourite of the entire anime so far. The animation, the action, the dialogue.....how can you not get emotional watching Erwin and Armin's sacrifices to try to take down Reiner, Berthold and the Beast Titan?

This season has been so fantastic.

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Oh and I'm also going to start Mob Psycho 100 (sorry for the double post).

Though to be fair, I feel Kill La Kill did the OTT anime style better than OPM. So we'll see.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
So for some reason Crunchyroll stopped updating me on new One Punch Man episodes so I am currently two weeks worth of episodes behind. I watched the first of the two missed episodes, episode seven and I am actually contemplating dropping this. It is embarrassing how the manga can have better atmosphere, action, pace and emotion. About the only benefit to OPM 2 over the manga is the voice acting and the voice acting is solid for sure but not so great that it is worth wasting twenty minutes on this when I could just use those twenty minutes to read the manga instead.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
So for some reason Crunchyroll stopped updating me on new One Punch Man episodes so I am currently two weeks worth of episodes behind. I watched the first of the two missed episodes, episode seven and I am actually contemplating dropping this. It is embarrassing how the manga can have better atmosphere, action, pace and emotion. About the only benefit to OPM 2 over the manga is the voice acting and the voice acting is solid for sure but not so great that it is worth wasting twenty minutes on this when I could just use those twenty minutes to read the manga instead.
New chapter just came out a few days ago too. Way better than the anime has been that's for sure

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I finished The Promised Neverland. Very nice series, and looking forward to season 2.

I am watching Demon Slayer now.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
This weeks episode of Demon Slayer was kinda meh. Not because it was bad or anything but it doesn't feel like an episode designed to be watched on its own. It is very much a bridging episode between the episodes before it and the episodes that come next and it feels unsatisfying in its isolation. If the show is going to continue doing this in future, I might just wait until the show is finished and watch it in junks as I really don't want to sour myself on what is turning into a great series by getting frustrated with the release schedule.

·
#TeamCardcaptor and Oh... Still Music >>>> Wrestli
3,419 Posts
So, I'm watching Cutie Honey (1973) and it is just amazing. Something I've noticed and despite the animation limitation for its time, you understand everything what's going on. In a way, the odd and strange moments of the show gives it a unique charm.

There's something about it that makes you coming for more. It's also awesome seeing a strong female lead in which she is the one saving the men instead the other way around.

Brilliant show... nothing less from GOD Nagai!!!

Reactions: Genking48

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
For those Dororo fans out there Hyakkimaru rolled up with a fucking Rapidash out here in these Streets. I'm not kidding it was dope, and I'm torn because I want to see Hyakkimaru get back his body fully, but he's turning crazy and evil to a degree with anger fueling him! I wonder if it will be his brother who stops him in the end. I'm about watch this past Attack on Titan Episode after they broke my hearts into pieces making decisions between two characters who to kill or help keep alive. Armin you better kill it out there with this blessing!

Once those two Shows are finished I plan on watching a Show called Fairy Gone has anyone heard of it?

·
#TeamCardcaptor and Oh... Still Music >>>> Wrestli
3,419 Posts
Why does Anime bring out the emotions in me especially the romantic ones?

I'm following Yu-No which is a very interesting Sci-fi/Drama series that's on-going and this past episode almost made me cry. Don't want to throw spoilers but GOD... dem feels!!!

121 - 140 of 254 Posts