Attack on Titan
Food Wars
Bungou Stray Dogs
Psycho Pass
One Punch Man

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Just watched The Rising of the Shield Hero. What an awesome show.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Has anyone seen Nicky Larson et le Parfum de Cupidon (French live action movie of City Hunter)? It looks like it could be pretty decent.

Speaking of CH, I saw Shinjuku Private Eyes and it was pretty good. Just as enjoyable as all the previous outings but unlike the older shows which have a really nice hand drawn and detailed feel to it, this movie is all over the place. Most of it looks great but then you get areas where everything seems so clean that it lacks any warmth/feeling. Like it's too digital or something and the CGI bits don't blend in that well either.

I really love the 80's/90's cel painted animation.

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,714 Posts
What I'm excited for is whenever the Date A Bullet anime comes out. Never had a chance to read it since it hasn't been translated, but the things I do know about it sound great. It takes the best parts from Date A Live, and takes out the parts that can make it pretty cringe at times.

Basically a spinoff that puts Kurumi as the protag taking place in a separate world or w/e. With the sci-fi, action, & drama aspects. Taking out the harem & romance that can get pretty stupid at times in DAL.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
So since a few Anime Shows like Dr.Stone and Fire Force have ended or going to end for their Season, I need to add in new watches. The two Anime I thought about picking up are Sword Art Online, and Fate/Grand Order. How should go about watching these Shows as I think they both have new Seasons going right now?

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
So since a few Anime Shows like Dr.Stone and Fire Force have ended or going to end for their Season, I need to add in new watches. The two Anime I thought about picking up are Sword Art Online, and Fate/Grand Order. How should go about watching these Shows as I think they both have new Seasons going right now?
How do you mean?

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
How do you mean?
Well when I watched FMA: Brotherhood I was told that their was a FMA before and I should just skip that and go straight to Brootherhood, can I do the same for SAO and Fate? Pretty much start from the beginning or is each Title I see it's own Story/Season and nothing is being continued on? Just wondering because the past few days I've been downloading past Dr.Who Episodes, Kamen Rider, Witcher, and I need a couple of new Anime to add to the rotation with just No Guns Life and Boruto as my only watches right now.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
No. The original FMA is a different adaptation of the manga. Brotherhood is closer to the source material

·
Registered
260 Posts
So I finished all of Patlabor/Love Hina/Clannad/Chobits/Assassination Classroom.

Patlabor: I saw the the first two movies on BBC2 during an anime season (along with he Wings of Honneamise and Akira I think) and I enjoyed them a lot. Many decades later I decided to check out Patlabor 3 which wasn't as good but not awful then I discover there are series and OVAs so I watched them and they were quite good. I loved the hand drawn styles and the stories were fun but I found Oota became a little annoying.

The episode from Patlabor the New Files called Black Trinary is probably the funiest and smartest episode I have ever seen in any anime. Absolutely perfect! :D:D

I saw Love Hina on Youtube ages ago and really liked it so I decided to rewatch it and bloody hell it's pretty bad from what I remembered! The MC just gets beaten for no reason and the whole 'who was the girl I promised to go to Tokyo U' thing was so obvious. I really am tried of seeing male characters get beaten for doing jack all.

Clannad was really great. Loved the story and characters but the movie was baaaaaaaad. In fact it was so pointless as there is no way to condense 47 eps into 90mins. Also the changes they made didn't work.

Chobits was pretty damn good! Chii is so cute and the growing relationship between her and Hideki is really well done even though she's a robot. Sumomo is just adorable and probably my favourite character from the show.

Assassination Classroom was simply amazing! I just can't believe how good it is and I actually cried during the end. The story sounded a bit dumb at first but as you watch it, you get drawn in more and more. Also all the students calling Irina Bitch-Sensei is too funny. ;p Koro-Sensei Quest was just awful. So boring.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Winter 2020 Ratings

Dorohedoro - 8/10
Id: Invaded - 8/10
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! - 8/10
Haikyuu!!: To the Top - 8/10
Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun - 6/10
Somali and the Forest Spirit - 6/10
Smile Down the Runway - 5/10
BOFURI - 5/10
Pet - 5/10
In/Spectre - 5/10
Yatogame-chan - 5/10
Magia Record: Madoka Magica Side Story - 4/10
Room Camp - 4/10
Seton Academy - 3/10
Asteroid in Love - 3/10

***A Certain Scientific Railgun - TBD

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I watched the 2 seasons of Food Wars on Hulu. I think it's an excellent anime, doesn't take it self seriously, very funny and immature but clever about.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts