Wrestling Forum banner

201 - 220 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not an anime expert by any means lol so I'm coming here for some help...anyone watch Demon Slayer? I've been hearing all sorts of good things about it? Anyone recommend it?

Also...I started My Hero Academia months ago, I got several episodes in, and then stopped...thinking about getting back into it. Is it still going strong? Later episodes still good?
about demon slayer, everybody is hyped for the last chapter it had a amazing animation and soundtrack so it was perfect, everything else is pretty generic shonen with some good moments.

second season is the best with the sport festival so yeah I recommend you to watch it.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts
Just finished Dr.Stone and Fire Force and I enjoyed both this week. Dr.Stone you get to see the introduction of new Characters including Chrome, and Ruri. You also see that these Villagers were born before the World turning to Stone, and have no clue of modern civilization. Chrome and Senku surely best buddies of Science and it's going to great what they cook up together down the road. Ruri being sick has effected everyone in the village, I wonder what illness she has and whether or not the higher ups allow Senku to enter the Village to save her life.

Fire Force gave us the info I wanted to see on why did Hibana lose her fucking mind and go rogue in a sense. She believe in the word of God and the path of it, but when the Sisters passed away and were turned into Infernals she lost that faith. Now in my life I've gone through alot of shit and people around me went the wrong way, and I didn't at all and I can easily see how Hibana going down the opposite path of Iris. When it comes to the fight with Shinra I thought it was good, loved that summoning of the Sakura Tree beautiful setting in such a serious moment at the time. You could see at least how I saw it, she was playing defense vs Shinra as she kept him from getting in close, because she knew he could defeat her. I think she could went on fighting, but she saw her decisions up that point were wrong and didn't want to keep fighting. It was funny to see both squads trying to cover up the commotion, but it's time to investigate the 1st!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Black Clover is amazing.

So is The Promised Neverland. Erased was great too. A lot of great anime I've seen lately.

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Not an anime expert by any means lol so I'm coming here for some help...anyone watch Demon Slayer? I've been hearing all sorts of good things about it? Anyone recommend it?

Also...I started My Hero Academia months ago, I got several episodes in, and then stopped...thinking about getting back into it. Is it still going strong? Later episodes still good?
Demon Slayer is a very barebones anime experience. It has beautiful animation and almost unrelenting action but little in the way of anything else. The early episodes are a real journey and very enjoyable but any semblance of story and most of the character development stops around half way through the show (half way of the released episodes I mean) and the show focuses more on the protagonists moving from demon to demon who they battle for a couple of episodes and move on. Maybe it is just a sign of getting older but I have found the show quite dull since it shifted to become basically nothing but action. I think I still prefer this over the usual languid pacing of shounen anime, but it is like one extreme to another.

I also just caught up with MHA. I'd already seen about half of this show before but for reasons I can't really remember I lost my way with it, so I decided that this time I would watch the show from the start and catch right up.

It doesn't surprise me that the show captured the world in the way it did, pretty much any anime which isn't uniquely Japanese and makes it onto a more mainstream platform or channel, seem to make it big. However I would also say that I think the show is very overhyped.

The earlier episodes are straight fire, filled with swelling emotion and gorgeous animation that make the show so easy to be swept up in. However, it doesn't take long for the show to settle in to the motions of a pretty standard shounen mixed with pretty standard comic book storylines and the quality of the animation slowly decreases over the course of the show, save for a few key moments.

Honestly, thinking through the show, I feel like there are only a handful of moments later in the series that came close to capturing how magical the show starts out. Moments like when Deku fights to protect Kota from that Muscle villain, some of the Sports Festival fights and that goosebump on end appearance from All for One in the Nomu warehouse. All moments are so good that it is really easy to get swept up in the show and make it easy to forget the reality of all the mediocre animation and stock storytelling that bridge those moments.

Season 3 kinda ends in a weird place too but I am still looking forward to the show continuing in... October?

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,757 Posts

Just watched it recently and yeah I'd watch it. In my opinion it looks stunning, the story is awesome, intriguing and still not so complicated that it turns you off the show, The characters are all enjoyable.

·
GENKI D&
1,903 Posts
Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e

…was not very good. Real snoozefest of a show with an alright premise; I haven't read the manga, but I can't imagine many of these ills in just being… boring are any different. That said, I have a new profile pic.

https://giant.gfycat.com/AbsoluteImpassionedGavial.webm

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

…was not very good. Real snoozefest of a show with an alright premise; I haven't read the manga, but I can't imagine many of these ills in just being… boring are any different. That said, I have a new profile pic.

Oh its one of those. I like fanservice as much as the next guy, but come one. And this is someone who loves Highschool DxD

·
The Elemental BB
474 Posts
Of wrestling anime there's:
Kinnikuman (1983) - sci fi, comedy, wrestling
Ultimate Muscle (2002) - sci fi, comedy, wrestling anime
Kinnikuman Nisei: Ultimate Muscle (2004) - sci fi, comedy, wrestling
Kinnikuman Nisei: Ultimate Muscle 2 (2006) - sci fi, comedy, wrestling
Tiger Mask (1969) - sports
Tiger Mask II (1981) - sports
Tiger Mask W (2016) - sports
Plastic Model Wrestling Sanshiro (1983) - think beyblade but the beyblades are wrestlers
Metal Fighter Miku (1994) - sci fi, mecha (kind of/maybe/not sure)
Wanna be the Strongest in the World (2013) - ecchi, sports

That's all the wrestling anime that exists. You could broaden it to sumo and get:
Notari Matsutaro (1990)
Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro (2014)
Hinomaru Sumo (2018)

But there isn't really any other anime that deals specifically with wrestling.
Wasn't Dirty Pair inspired by the popularity of Joshi (Women's) Wrestling at that time?

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,103 Posts
Since DBS is wrapping up for the foreseeable future and both MHA and JoJo are taking a break from Toonami until they nab season 4 and Golden Wind, I'm currently invested in Dr. Stone. As someone who really likes nature, yet isn't a fan of the post-apocalyptic genre, this show is definitely an enjoyable (and so far my favorite) take on the genre. I've also gotten into Fire Force and while it's pretty good, it's a distant 2nd to DS in my book.

But...ginormous anime tiddies tho... :T

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
Summer 2019 Ratings (only one cour shows included)

Wasteful Days of High School Girls - 7/10
Takagi-san 2nd season - 7/10
Kanata no Astra - 7/10
O Maidens in Your Savage Season - 7/10
Given - 6/10
DanMachi II - 6/10
Cop Craft - 6/10
Demon Girl Next Door - 5/10
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files - 5/10
A Certain Scientific Accelerator - 5/10
If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 4/10
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 3/10

Ratings TBD (multiple cour shows not over yet)

Dr. Stone (favorite from this season)
Vinland Saga (2nd favorite from this season)
Fire Force

Updated Spring Ratings (second cour finished this season)

Carole and Tuesday - 8/10
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 7/10
Fruits Basket - 6/10

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

Kanata no Astra - 7/10
Given - 6/10
DanMachi II - 6/10
Cop Craft - 6/10

Fire Force

Fruits Basket - 6/10
Amusing that the ones with the most ridiculous titles have the lowest ratings

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #220

Kanata no Astra - 7/10
Given - 6/10
DanMachi II - 6/10
Cop Craft - 6/10

Fire Force

Fruits Basket - 6/10
:lmao I've seen some vids from this on IG.

201 - 220 of 253 Posts