Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone watched this series that started this past week?

I have watched the 1st episode... I did not think it was anything spectacular.

However, Ellen Barkin has amazing breasts.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have seen 3 episodes and not much happens in this series, other than 'Pope' taking a sledge-hammer to a brick BBQ..... 'Pope' looking weird at people.... a lot of drug use... and 'Smurf' handing out mobile phones to her sons/grandson.

This is all that happens in each of the episodes.

Oh, and 'Pope' telling 'J' to put his bike in the back of his truck'.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I watched this show over the past few days at the request of a friend. It's not something I particularly hated or liked. It had some interesting moments but I think the main problem with this show is just a bunch of extremely unlikeable characters. I mean, none of them have any redeeming qualities whatsoever. Usually when I watch shows or movies that are based around characters who break the law, I find myself rooting for them. The cops are the "bad" guys and the criminals give you reason to be sympathetic for them, even if they are the ones breaking the law. Not here, though. These are all just really, really shitty people. Especially Pope. Seriously, fuck that guy. Maybe J is supposed to be the one you're supposed to have sympathy for but he's quickly becoming just as bad as the rest of them. Even the cops are shitty people and I didn't feel bad at all for the teacher going to prison. The little girl Lena is basically the only character on the show that is likeable in the slightest.

Other than not having a single character to root for in the show, it's not the worst thing in the world either. The writing and the acting are decent enough. It has good cinematography. I liked the twist at the end with J getting one over on the cops. I may or may not watch the 2nd season when it rolls around. I suppose it depends on how bored I am at the time.

5/10 show. Wouldn't recommend nor warn someone off.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Season 2 coming along quite nice.

Great to see that they have added Jennifer Landon to the cast (daughter of the late Michael Landon).

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Not caught up to the second season yet but 7 episodes in the first season after 4 days. Wow, really impressed with this show. I don't generally enjoy crime family shows but I enjoy the MMA drama Kingdom (which is gritty and set in Venice beach) and its a mix between the two. All the characters I thought I would like and hate has totally flipped since the pilot. Smurf is close to Frank Underwood levels of being a manipulative cunt.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone else think 'Familial DNA' may come into this storyline? Blood from Jay (in the aircon vent) gets traced back to Pope who they have DNA from his prison term.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just finished watching Season 4 (I was 12 months late).

Janine/Smurf is dead. It will be interesting to see how Season 5 develops when it is released later 2020/early 2021 (delay due to COVID19).

It was good to see Shawn Hatosy (Andrew/Pope) as Director of Episode S04E11 "Julia".

1970s Janine/Smurf was played by Leila George, who is the daughter of actors Vincent D'Onofrio and Greta Scacchi.... and is the girlfriend of Sean Penn (WTF!!!).

I thought the Deran/Adrian situation may have been solved by getting married and therefore Adrian has spouse immunity and cannot give evidence against Deran (perhaps Season 5).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts