Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find Angle current "Beat everyone in the Top 10" thing annoying. I mean we all know he is going to win his matches. Although the matches are entertaining, they are too predictable, I can see him losing to the #1 or #2 guy, but I can't see him losing to anyone else. Kurt is on of my favorite wrestlers, but I can't stand this storyline.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I like the angle. It is obvious he will win but he is putting on good matches and at least we're getting a proper build up to what I presume will be RVD vs Angle at Bound For Glory.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I agree with OP, Kurt is one of my all time faves but this "Top 10" Angle is far too predictable.

They should book him as the underdog when he reaches Joe, then at the PPV have Shelton and Haas
interfere for Angle, thus turning him heel and making Joe look like a total beast. After that, they can drag it out until the end of the year, at which stage he can redeem himself in the title match by losing clean to the champ, someone like Anderson or Hardy. This would leave the door open for an epic return sometime in 2011 after a well deserved break, and should at the very least add some spice to the saga.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Its producing good matches, thats all that should matter.
No it isn't. This storyline is producing the EXACT same match over and over. Look at his match vs Kaz/Wolfe/Pope/Hernadez. The only good to great match was the Kaz one, the rest were quite average. Every match with Angle has the same formula.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I love it because of the timing that they are using with it. Judy when Kaz was trying to impress Flair...here comes Angle. Just when The Pope made his big return...out comes Angle. Just when AJ Styles is putting over his brand new TV Title....out comes Kurt. The timing has been phenominal and well thought out. It had made the spotlight moments even brighter and so far it has been an outstanding storyline.

·
Registered
243 Posts
What annoys me is the "If Angle looses he will have to retire" line. All he said was that the next loss could be his last and the announcers right away make a huge retirement story about it and that makes his matches even more predictable.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,965 Posts
Who cares if you know who's going to win? It's fake. It doesn't matter who wins. Its the manner of victory and the reasoning behind it.

Regardless of that, if the next opponent caught him with a roll up in the first few seconds, you idiots would call it the biggest surprise ever. Despite the fact that you're criticising the platform that TNA have nicely created to execute a surprise off of.

The Angle storyline is consistent, continuous and interesting in the way it is gradually building momentum. Its better than Russo's usual "OH HEREZ SHALTUN BENJAMUN!!! HES ATTACKXING RAB VAN DAM OH WAIT HES ACHALLY RVD FRAND HE HAZZA CHARE FOR HIM AND VAN DAMM HES ATTACKIN ANGULL!!!1111!!!"

Oh wait, watch that be the payoff now I've said it lol.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
Yeah because watching Angle wrestle Hernandez in a retirement match on Impact intrigues me so much.

Angle is still good in the ring, has great mic skills, and is very popular and they are wasting him.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
its boring as hell now. not only do we know hes going to win, but the manner in which it happens seems to be the same too.

no matter who hes facing, they always do the belly to belly off the turnbuckle spot, BORING.

no one gets pinned by angle slam, then they tap out to the ankle lock.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Yeah because watching Angle wrestle Hernandez in a retirement match on Impact intrigues me so much.

Angle is still good in the ring, has great mic skills, and is very popular and they are wasting him.
That was just one lame random match, same goes for his match against Nigel. I don't think his match on the free PPV will be anywhere near that bad so I'm looking forward to it. Not to mention that considering he moved up the ranks quite well he will have only one more random TV match at worst so it makes it even better.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If I can't enjoy it for the drama, I just enjoy the matches. Best way to handle it really, until it gets to 'crunch time' there's no drama since you know Angle's going to win so enjoy it on a technical level.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I've said this before, I think Kurt might be on his last run in TNA, his contract is up soon, I can see him having all these good matches with people just now then losing the final match, a big pay off match with say Ken Anderson or Jeff Hardy, preferably Anderson, he loses that match, Anderson gets a monumental rub from it then he moves on to RVD and the World Title, it sets it up perfectly.

I thought Kurt would leave a year ago, I think Kurt did too, he was saying all the right things about the WWE, Vince and HHH, but then he went and got himself into trouble with the law, so after that it became obvious the WWE wouldn't touch him at that time, if things have cooled down then maybe its time for Kurt to go back (depending on what kind of schedule he has though)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Serious tough-guy face Kurt Angle is a boring waste of his talent. Funny heel kurt angle is a god. They already have samoa joe, let him to the tough guy wrestler shit.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
There's simply no reason to invest anything emotionally into this run from a fan perspective. It does absolutely nothing for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There's simply no reason to invest anything emotionally into this run from a fan perspective. It does absolutely nothing for me.
^This

I bet Angle's Matches would be just as good, if not better without this 'top10-storyline'. At least they would be far less predictable ..

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Who cares if you know who's going to win? It's fake. It doesn't matter who wins. Its the manner of victory and the reasoning behind it.

Regardless of that, if the next opponent caught him with a roll up in the first few seconds, you idiots would call it the biggest surprise ever. Despite the fact that you're criticising the platform that TNA have nicely created to execute a surprise off of.

The Angle storyline is consistent, continuous and interesting in the way it is gradually building momentum. Its better than Russo's usual "OH HEREZ SHALTUN BENJAMUN!!! HES ATTACKXING RAB VAN DAM OH WAIT HES ACHALLY RVD FRAND HE HAZZA CHARE FOR HIM AND VAN DAMM HES ATTACKIN ANGULL!!!1111!!!"

Oh wait, watch that be the payoff now I've said it lol.
Dude stfu with your comments, I can't green rep you anymore. Your fault for making sense.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts