Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im expecting this to be match of the night, Angle always shows up for big matches and i'm expecting Roode to have the match of his life if he's about to win the world title.

Why not make this match a submission match? With Angle predominantly using The Ankle lock as his finisher and Roode adopting both the Crossface & Arm bar as his finisher's a submission match has to be the best route. Can't really see Roode pinning Angle with the RR spine buster to be honest! what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
it doesn't need to be a submission match, I see Roode going over with the crossface just like Benoit did at Wrestlemania 20

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i could see it happening, Roode has been building the arm submission and to make Angle tap out would be huge and would make Roode look great

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
A submission match as the biggest main event of the year? Meh, pass. Roode can win via submission regardless. I understand the idea behind it considering Angle is a submission expert, but it would actually make it more obvious Roode is winning.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It would be good for Roode to defeat Angle with a submission, but do it in a regular match, TNA needs to get away from all the stipulations in matches. They have a golden opportunity here to instantly make Roode into a big star, lets not screw this up with stupid booking.

Maybe if Roode defeats Angle by submission in this match, that afterwards Angle demands a REAL submission match for their return match. I'd like to see something like that.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It would be good for Roode to defeat Angle with a submission, but do it in a regular match, TNA needs to get away from all the stipulations in matches. They have a golden opportunity here to instantly make Roode into a big star, lets not screw this up with stupid booking.

Maybe if Roode defeats Angle by submission in this match, that afterwards Angle demands a REAL submission match for their return match. I'd like to see something like that.
listen to this man TNA ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts