Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
When was this announced?

Like LC says, this run from Kurt is entertaining but its become so painfully obvious, its like Takers streak!

I'm still thinking that this is Kurt's out game to TNA though, when he loses I think he will go, his contract I think is up soon anyway, and they are giving him a Ric Flair style storyline to coincide with it

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
I don't even find this run entertaining. :( I can't infest anything emotionally into this when I know who's going to win without question. Why would anyone care? I just don't get it.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
@ the-Gaffer: That would make sense and even make me almost (but not quite) want for him to make the whole roster job to him as he had an incredible career and needs to go out with a bang, especially considering that even at the age of 42 (correct me if mistaken) he's still very much into his prime. Sadly, the only guy he can legitimely give a rub is AJ (who doesn't need it since he already won against him three consecutive times so it would only make Angle look weak) and Joe (now that's real talk playa :p), Abyss isn't worth it, Anderson and Hardy are probably returning to WWE later in their careers and RVD doesn't deserve a win over Angle.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
Spotfest 2010 for sure. good luck to both of their family and friends, one of them might not make it out.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Obvious endings with Angle winning don't really ruin much stuff for me!,I still look at the positive plus side....The matchs and storyline itself make me enjoy it all overall.
There isn't really much of a storyline though to be fair, its all about rankings

@ the-Gaffer: That would make sense and even make me almost (but not quite) want for him to make the whole roster job to him as he had an incredible career and needs to go out with a bang, especially considering that even at the age of 42 (correct me if mistaken) he's still very much into his prime. Sadly, the only guy he can legitimely give a rub is AJ (who doesn't need it since he already won against him three consecutive times so it would only make Angle look weak) and Joe (now that's real talk playa :p), Abyss isn't worth it, Anderson and Hardy are probably returning to WWE later in their careers and RVD doesn't deserve a win over Angle.
I actually think the guy who he should give the rub to should be Ken Anderson, both of them have fantastic chemistry together, I really enjoyed their series of matches earlier on in the year, I could actually see Kurt vs Anderson for the World Title main event BFG.

I think it would actually have a big feel match to it

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Joe already got a rub from Angle!,They had a successful feud&rivalry/beat Angle a few times including a world title match at Lockdown for Joe's first WH champ run.

There isn't really much of a storyline though to be fair, its all about rankings
Rankings is part of the storyline and plus the way Angle want's to start from bottom to top to earn his title shot....I respect&enjoy that stuff in the story!.

But that's just me!,I agree with you about Anderson deserving to get a rub from Angle though with him going over in the end,Anderson beating Angle in the ranking match would be great IMO.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Something tells me Mr. Anderson isn't returning to WWE. I think he is a TNA lifer. Kind of like how Mick Foley and Steve Austin never returned to WCW bcuz they found a home in the WWF, I think Anderson has a home with TNA.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I actually think the guy who he should give the rub to should be Ken Anderson, both of them have fantastic chemistry together, I really enjoyed their series of matches earlier on in the year, I could actually see Kurt vs Anderson for the World Title main event BFG.

I think it would actually have a big feel match to it
What would an Anderson rub do for him? As I said I feel like he is most likely going to return to WWE and a rub by Angle won't help his future career, nor TNA at all.

Joe already got a rub from Angle!,They had a successful feud&rivalry/beat Angle a few times including a world title match at Lockdown for Joe's first WH champ run.
I know that, but Joe hasn't been in the mainevent for quite some time, I want a Joe moment where TNA makes us say "Joe is one of the biggest guys in pro wrestling today", just the way how he sold against Hardy just didn't fit to him at all, he needs to be THE dominant force in TNA imo.

·
Registered
746 Posts
↲↲
Thank god sum1 else understands the angle situation. Cudo't put it better myself

·
Registered
746 Posts
looks like angle will b facing jeff at number 2 or 3. Beat aj at 6 then 4 n 5 most likely abyss lethal n anderson b4 hardy. Then either number 1 or rvd at BFG

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Rankings is part of the storyline and plus the way Angle want's to start from bottom to top to earn his title shot....I respect&enjoy that stuff in the story!.

But that's just me!,I agree with you about Anderson deserving to get a rub from Angle though with him going over in the end,Anderson beating Angle in the ranking match would be great IMO.
I know the rankings is apart of the story, I didn't mean it was just a nothing match, its just, with the rankings, it allows matches without an actual storyline with the ranking being the overall storyline, I think we're signing from the same hymn sheet, just expressing our opinions differently :)

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
This should be Hardys best match in a long time, probably since his feud with Punk last year. I can't see how this could be really that bad as long as they both hit out all their finishers, signature moves, there's some real close near falls towards the end of the match and this is just booked like a WWE ppv co main event for a world title at a ppv or something.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
What would an Anderson rub do for him? As I said I feel like he is most likely going to return to WWE and a rub by Angle won't help his future career, nor TNA at all.
What would an Anderson rub do for him? well, this guy has beat every main eventer the WWE had to offer yet still didn't win the World Title, he is probably the one guy in the business right now who hasn't won a World Title who would look like a ready made Champ if he won the belt Tomorrow, so what would a rub from Angle do for him? In my opinion a rub from Kurt Angle would instantly legitimise Ken Anderson, it would also give TNA a new top Main Event talent to build their show around, he might end up back in the WWE but thats for another day, when that happens then you use Anderson to put over someone else, and so on and so on, TNA must utilise the talent they have and for me, Ken Anderson is the guy on the roster who is most ready to take that next step to being World Champion

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
What would an Anderson rub do for him? well, this guy has beat every main eventer the WWE had to offer yet still didn't win the World Title, he is probably the one guy in the business right now who hasn't won a World Title who would look like a ready made Champ if he won the belt Tomorrow, so what would a rub from Angle do for him? In my opinion a rub from Kurt Angle would instantly legitimise Ken Anderson, it would also give TNA a new top Main Event talent to build their show around, he might end up back in the WWE but thats for another day, when that happens then you use Anderson to put over someone else, and so on and so on, TNA must utilise the talent they have and for me, Ken Anderson is the guy on the roster who is most ready to take that next step to being World Champion
Your logic is seriously flawed. If Ken Anderson deserves the right to beat Angle, then AJ and Joe would have the right to go to WWE and beat Triple H, Cena or Undertaker clean for WWE/WHC Titles, but that's not how it works. TNA is making themselves minor league by putting WWE talent over TNA, and that's something that's just unacceptable if they want to look like a mainstream company.

Anderson might have beaten a few big names in WWE, but as you said he never won the world title, he is just a midcarder from the WWE. To make him a champion and not make TNA look minor league he would need at least 2-3 years to become a legit "TNA guy". And as I said, he is going back to WWE so his accomplishments in TNA don't matter to his future at all, it would be a "cheap prop" getting the TNA World Championship in WWE at best, I am sure Christian is a living proof of that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts