Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

According to popeater.com, Angelina Jolie refuses recognize Thanksgiving because of what the white settlers did to the native Indians, the domination of one culture over another.

"While everyone is preparing to give thanks tomorrow, one of America's most famous families, the Jolie-Pitts, have decided to sit this Thanksgiving out.

"Angelina Jolie hates this holiday and wants no part in rewriting history like so many other Americans," a friend of the actress tells me. "To celebrate what the white settlers did to the native Indians, the domination of one culture over another, just isn't her style. She definitely doesn't want to teach her multi-cultural family how to celebrate a story of murder."

Angelina has been filming her directorial debut, about a Serbian man and Bosnian woman who fall in love during the Bosnian War. Angie, always extremely sensitive to the suffering throughout the world, is filming in English and the native languages.

"Angelina gets so grossed out by Thanksgiving that she has made sure her family will not be in America this year on Thursday," an insider tells me.

And although Brad Pitt recently told 'EXTRA,' "We'll whip up a turkey somewhere," he certainly hasn't shared that plan with Angelina. A family friend tells me, "If Brad wants turkey, he will have to cook it himself. For Angie, it will be another day when America tries to rewrite history."
Story by Rob Shuter .popeater.com

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Why does it matter?

I think people give the opinions of celebrities far too much weight.

·
Amazing
4,242 Posts
^ He has about 50 maids who will do that for him

disappointing this news didn't result in an adoption of a navajo baby

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
I understand where she's coming from...I mean after all she is telling the truth, but at the same time I don't think many celebrate Thanksgiving as a way to say "Hooray Pilgrims for killing Indians!" or anything...Some celebrate Christmas as the birth of Jesus, other celebrate it as a way to rake in more gifts than you give out...

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
She ruins everything. Thanksgiving in America was based on the thievery of land, forced sex and murder. Angelina is just going to make people think it's a Liberal conspiracy when in fact what most Americans believe happened on the original Thanksgiving never really happened at all. USA! USA! USA! USA! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Don't feel too bad America. Canada has a very shady and shameful past with our Indigenous people going all the way to today. It's shameful but at least you guys weren't the only monsters back then. The worst are the Natives from other Tribes who actually helped kill off the ones who wouldn't give up.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
She ruins everything. Thanksgiving in America was based on the thievery of land, forced sex and murder. Angelina is just going to make people think it's a Liberal conspiracy when in fact what most Americans believe happened on the original Thanksgiving never really happened at all. USA! USA! USA! USA! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Don't feel too bad America. Canada has a very shady and shameful past with our Indigenous people going all the way to today. It's shameful but at least you guys weren't the only monsters back then.
Humans in general are monsters. Our history is littered with death in one form or another. Shouldn't we in some way be praised that we turned a negative into a postive and have a holiday about being thankful and one I might add hasn't been badly commercialized?

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Does that mean she won't celebrate Christmas because Jesus was murdered?
Isn't Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts