Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've been impressed with Garza but I think we need to give him awhile longer before we can start making Eddie comparisons. He is just starting out on the main roster. I think he was only called up to take Andrade's spot against Carrillo because of Andrade's wellness violation.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
no it isn't lol stop lyin, u r rite bout eddie but to create a new rey u'd need just to put a mask on some of the 9000000 existing luchadors and voila! he isn't unique in any way lol u kiddin me, he's typical bland vanila boring flippy midget,what the fuck is so unique bout him? what makes him different than sin cara,gran metalik,kalisto and 900 others like him? oh yeah,he won world title and was pushed as main eventer etc, which clouds everyone's judgment and brainwashes them into thinking he's ''unique'' in comparison to other lucha vanila geeks -.-
Trying too hard on this gimmick account.

3 Posts
How about if we just let angel garza be angel garza and let him build his own career instead of making him the next Eddie.

No matter who WWE hires no one will ever be like Eddie. But there could be an Angel Garza and he could do great things only if the company doesn't go full Vince like feeding him to Lesnar and old timers that won't put Garza over.

·
Registered
444 Posts
How about if we just let angel garza be angel garza and let him build his own career instead of making him the next Eddie.
no,that would be lame lol, he needs to be (and will be,probably) next eddie

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Back in the day people called Eddie's promos repetitive and predictable("esse" "Holmes"). Not that he didn't have great promos.

And Eddies matches were boring and predictable(not that he didn't have great have matches and a lot of people that are considered great in-ring workers have repetitive matches).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why do wrestling fans have to be so reactionary? "X is the new X". Just watch the dude and let him grow, he's had ONE RAW match ffs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't want to sound out of order, but why do so many wrestlers from places like Mexico and Japan seem so totally unable to speak without MASSIVE accents these days?

I mean, Eddie had an accent, as does Rey. But they controlled their accent, and you could always understand them. But now, we have so many that have learned to speak English, but are still very tough to understand - and this really hurts their chance of Creative using them properly.

I know Rey has lived in the US for a hell of a long time, but a lot of the guys now - Nakamura, Asuka, Garza - they've been living and/or working in the US for several years too, with basically free tuition available from WWE, but they just aren't improving.

Honestly, no shade here. Nak, Asuka and Garza are 3 of my favourites in the ring. I just wish they could round off their accents to the point where Vince will allow them a decent push.
Eddie & Rey (and Kalisto, and Sin Cara/Hunico) are born and raised in the US, they might spoke Spanish at home but education and daily life in English (or might not, I have cousins in Texas and their sons barely speak Spanish but understand it). That Eddie promo someone posted before is Eddie talking like "cholos" Chicanos which is mostly a Cali thing, Eddie is from El Paso, Texas... way different Mexican American accent.

(In fact almost all of that promo is straight up taken from Blood in Blood out).

Eddie while had a great almost native Spanish speaking level, had some weird word choices and a slight English-influenced accent in some consonants but he learned both languages early on.

Garza & Carrillo (they're from my city so I understand the way they learned English) took second language classes, just as Americans or Brittish kids might have Spanish, French, German, etcetera classes. You could even say the level they have for being people who never lived in an English speaking country is more than decent. But second generation wrestlers had it better in education than most. Most Mexican just have random English classes in school and take it as just another random subject like history or geography and learn English in their late teens or adulthood where getting rid off of many Spanish-influenced vices is almost impossible (me as well, if I read something taking my time I can sound almost native, but when I am talking normally in a conversation you quickly notice I come from a Spanish speaking background since I learned in my late teens).

Japan while a 1st world developed country has always been very bad with English education. But well, I can say the same about the US & UK where most people are monolinguals and have a really haaaaaaaaard time learning a foreign language (if at all).

Gareth Bale and David Beckham have lived in Spain for a long time and barely speak the language. I admire this from Eastern European countries, they quickly learn other languages and it's not rare to find Croatians, Serbs and such speaking more than three languages.

·
HEADBANGA
21,701 Posts
I’ll say that he’s the most charismatic Latino they’ve had on the roster in quite some time. I think he has the most upside than any of the other Latino talents, he’ll be a successful heel or baby face for years to come.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I don't want to sound out of order, but why do so many wrestlers from places like Mexico and Japan seem so totally unable to speak without MASSIVE accents these days?

I mean, Eddie had an accent, as does Rey. But they controlled their accent, and you could always understand them
. But now, we have so many that have learned to speak English, but are still very tough to understand - and this really hurts their chance of Creative using them properly.

I know Rey has lived in the US for a hell of a long time, but a lot of the guys now - Nakamura, Asuka, Garza - they've been living and/or working in the US for several years too, with basically free tuition available from WWE, but they just aren't improving.

Honestly, no shade here. Nak, Asuka and Garza are 3 of my favourites in the ring. I just wish they could round off their accents to the point where Vince will allow them a decent push.
Because Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio are actually American, Eddie was born and raised in El Paso, Texas, Rey was born and raised in San Diego, California.

·
Team AEW
2,774 Posts
I watched a couple of his segments, and the guy definitely grabs attention. He tries too hard on the mic, though, he almost comes off as someone desperate for reaction.

It almost doesn't matter if he could be the "next" Eddie Guerrero, because WWE won't see in that way. They wanted Almas to be the next Del Rio or Mysterio and then... didn't do anything with him. Same with Humberto. These guys are given TV time probably because of Heyman, but Vince won't ever do something serious with them.

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
905 Posts
I watched a couple of his segments, and the guy definitely grabs attention. He tries too hard on the mic, though, he almost comes off as someone desperate for reaction.

It almost doesn't matter if he could be the "next" Eddie Guerrero, because WWE won't see in that way. They wanted Almas to be the next Del Rio or Mysterio and then... didn't do anything with him. Same with Humberto. These guys are given TV time probably because of Heyman, but Vince won't ever do something serious with them.
Trying too hard ? Ironic when one your favorites is Moxley lol

41 - 54 of 54 Posts