Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
10,483 Posts
The comparisons to Eddie Guerrero are cringe as fuck....just no.

Angel has talent to be a star in his own right he could really improve with his subpar Mic Skills for the meantime, Overall all i see is somebody who will be a flash in a pan then forgotten about if what i saw of him in NXT and Raw this week gives me the impression that is what he offers to the table only.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Garza has incredible physical charisma and a lot of natural instinct in terms of reacting to the crowd around him. Promos can be improved, but it's tough to teach something intangible like physical charisma. Look at the way he engaged with the crowd in the ring. It's that kind of engagement that will win him a lot of fans.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,260 Posts
Garza has incredible physical charisma and a lot of natural instinct in terms of reacting to the crowd around him. Promos can be improved, but it's tough to teach something intangible like physical charisma. Look at the way he engaged with the crowd in the ring. It's that kind of engagement that will win him a lot of fans.
A lot of people aren't recognizing this, his charisma and his crowd work are top tier, his facials, his body language, it all says star to me. People think because the one promo he's ever cut on a live mic wasn't great that he's just a workrate only guy like every other NXT midget. It's ridiculous, Brock Lesnar isn't a promo guy, does that make him "workrate only"? Rey Mysterio? Randy Orton? These are not great promo guys but they have a lot more to offer in terms of character work, acting, psychology, charisma, etc.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,522 Posts
Ugh, what a fucking predictable comparison...(n)
That guy Garza don't look anything like Eddie Guerrero. Why not comparing Garza with Shawn Michaels or CM Punk if you think he can talk..?

What's next? Jennifer Lopez is the next Raffaella Carra because of being latina and singer? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Garza = Eddie

Carrillo = Chavo
Chavo was/is an excellent worker, and he has a great mind of the entertaining/drama aspects of wrestling (why else would they use him on GLOW?) comparing him to Carillo is an insult to Chavo. His only problem was how he always thought he had to rely on his more famous relative Eddie to get a reaction when cutting a promo... He could do it just fine without namedropping Eddie, but almost never did :(

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I don't want to sound out of order, but why do so many wrestlers from places like Mexico and Japan seem so totally unable to speak without MASSIVE accents these days?

I mean, Eddie had an accent, as does Rey. But they controlled their accent, and you could always understand them. But now, we have so many that have learned to speak English, but are still very tough to understand - and this really hurts their chance of Creative using them properly.

I know Rey has lived in the US for a hell of a long time, but a lot of the guys now - Nakamura, Asuka, Garza - they've been living and/or working in the US for several years too, with basically free tuition available from WWE, but they just aren't improving.

Honestly, no shade here. Nak, Asuka and Garza are 3 of my favourites in the ring. I just wish they could round off their accents to the point where Vince will allow them a decent push.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I don't want to sound out of order, but why do so many wrestlers from places like Mexico and Japan seem so totally unable to speak without MASSIVE accents these days?

I mean, Eddie had an accent, as does Rey. But they controlled their accent, and you could always understand them. But now, we have so many that have learned to speak English, but are still very tough to understand - and this really hurts their chance of Creative using them properly.

I know Rey has lived in the US for a hell of a long time, but a lot of the guys now - Nakamura, Asuka, Garza - they've been living and/or working in the US for several years too, with basically free tuition available from WWE, but they just aren't improving.

Honestly, no shade here. Nak, Asuka and Garza are 3 of my favourites in the ring. I just wish they could round off their accents to the point where Vince will allow them a decent push.
Maybe I'm being simplistic here but I think that's different in each person. I mean, I know someone from the US than after half a year here in Spain, talk a perfectly fluent and understandable Castilian that makes people wonder if she's a foreigner. On the other hand, you have Michael Robinson, an English retired football(soccer) player who has been living and working in Spain as a commentator since 1989 and still has such an incredibly thick British accent it sounds like he still struggling with the language and sometimes you have to make an effort to understand him. Those are the extremes, but it's crystal clear that some people are just way better at learning new languages than others.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts