Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The man oozes charisma and can go in the ring...Are we going to see and Eddie Guerrerro V2 or close to it?
I'm a huge fan of Andrade also and I hope the Garza call up dosent hurt him but I feel Garza has more natural charisma and his ability to speak English is a big bonus

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Improve?, yes he may improve but no way in hell he gonna get into Eddie's promo level.

Hes just workrate, nothing more.
At Angel Garza's age (27) Eddie Guerrero didn't have hardly any promo skills whatsoever. Eddie wasn't a naturally great promo, he always had the tools but he didn't become a good promo until way later in his career and definitely not in 1994 (When he was 27). People act like Guerrero was at G.O.A.T status his whole career and he definitely wasn't.

As for Garza...obviously I'm not going to put him anywhere in Guerrero's league. That wouldn't be fair to him. But I see the potential. Good looking. Really good in the ring. Way above average charisma. The similarities are there. I just hope he continues to improve.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
At Angel Garza's age (27) Eddie Guerrero didn't have hardly any promo skills whatsoever. Eddie wasn't a naturally great promo, he always had the tools but he didn't become a good promo until way later in his career and definitely not in 1994 (When he was 27). People act like Guerrero was at G.O.A.T status his whole career and he definitely wasn't.

As for Garza...obviously I'm not going to put him anywhere in Guerrero's league. That wouldn't be fair to him. But I see the potential. Good looking. Really good in the ring. Way above average charisma. The similarities are there. I just hope he continues to improve.
Yes he always had them, Garza has only his workrate, hes not going to get into Eddie's level.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yes he always had them, Garza has only his workrate, hes not going to get into Eddie's level.
Well I can't argue with your thesis that he won't get to Eddie's level. How in the hell could I say that anybody would get to Eddie's level, especially someone as green as Garza. Especially in today's wrestling culture where nobody wants anybody to succeed and if they do it is only until they actually succeed and then they want to see them get destroyed. Modern fans will never let another Eddie Guerrero happen.

But I disagree with "Only workrate". The guy clearly has a ton of Charisma and good looks to go with his workrate. He isn't just flipping all over the ring, he is actually adding a ton of personality to his matches which is impressive for someone relatively young.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Thats what I said about Andrade but Garza might more be so.

Feel a little bad for Humberto thought. Cause seeing them side by side Garza is pretty much Humberto but better probably in about every way.

Eddie wasn't a great promo 😳

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I doubt it. Eddie Guerrero was a rare talent, not someone you can just manufacture or pin the label on. So much of Eddie oozed charisma even back in his midcarder WCW days and in WWE when he was allowed to really show his personality he was one of the guys you couldn't help but like. I don't think I've ever met anyone that watched back then that said they couldn't stand Eddie, seemed like he was universally loved.

It's a lot like Rey Mysterio. You can't just create a new Rey, there's something to him that is unique and only he can bring.

·
Registered
450 Posts
he really is extremely charismatic and handsome,if only he could get better on the mic,he could possibly be best wrestler ever,without exaggeration

·
Registered
450 Posts
It's a lot like Rey Mysterio. You can't just create a new Rey, there's something to him that is unique and only he can bring.
no it isn't lol stop lyin, u r rite bout eddie but to create a new rey u'd need just to put a mask on some of the 9000000 existing luchadors and voila! he isn't unique in any way lol u kiddin me, he's typical bland vanila boring flippy midget,what the fuck is so unique bout him? what makes him different than sin cara,gran metalik,kalisto and 900 others like him? oh yeah,he won world title and was pushed as main eventer etc, which clouds everyone's judgment and brainwashes them into thinking he's ''unique'' in comparison to other lucha vanila geeks -.-

·
Registered
450 Posts
I hate comparisons to stars of the old days. Why cant Garza just be the next Garza? Whats the point of cramping him into this box and trying to see him as the next Eddie Guerrero
cuz it's fun

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Thats what I said about Andrade but Garza might more be so.

Feel a little bad for Humberto thought. Cause seeing them side by side Garza is pretty much Humberto but better probably in about every way.

Eddie wasn't a great promo 😳

First time I've ever seen that. That's one of the best babyface promos I've ever seen.

·
Registered
450 Posts
First time I've ever seen that. That's one of the best babyface promos I've ever seen.
wtf u talkin bout lol that was terrible and cringy. eddie was awful on mic and promos,that garza promo on raw was better than any eddie's promo he ever cut

·
Registered
450 Posts
You're not doing Garza any favors comparing him to someone like Eddie. And IMO he's not even close to Eddie's level.
agreed,garza is already miles ahead of eddie in every department. he gun be goat when it's all sad and done

1 - 20 of 54 Posts