Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 41 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
Chill Brandon. Spray some cold spray. Not everything is related to the elite.
Oh, but it is. The Bucks are holding everyone back while pushing their buddies. You haven’t caught on yet?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
But why? He got no reaction on his return as the joker, what makes you think he has a chance of winning the rumble. He’d likely be a filler spot and then a permanent fixation in catering.
He would be a token surprise entrant. Don't think anyone would have him down for winning the rumble. People would pop though. No one thought Cody would get a pop, or Gargano or most of the returnees but they have. I think Tony just doesn't want to lose face on a failed pet project. He is in a no win situation though. Andrade won't amount to much in AEW and he looks hypocritical after years of WWE bashing from AEW stans about happy environment and holding Wrestlers hostage (that works both ways though).

Fair to say if he wants out I don't see why TK wouldn't give him the release. As you say he won't be a main eventer in WWE either. Santos Escobar is far better. He would get a mini push though and TK probably wants to avoid even that.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Andrade can go in the ring. His singles matches with PAC and Darby in AEW and Kenny in AAA were quality.

It's just that the rest of the Andrade package and presentation needs working on - in AEW he hasn't found his character or a compelling storyline. Rush's arrival hasn't provided the spark for him I was hoping for, then there was the Sammy Guevara beef.

Going back to CMLL for a couple of years and being a top guy there might be a sensible move.

·
Mr Big Shot
1,033 Posts
Andrade is the problem here for once not even Tony Khan.

The guy was unhappy in WWE, and got Charlotte to pull strings and get him released.

He is a good in ring worker and that's it. Character wise terrible, the best thing that ever happened to him on screen was Zelina Vega.

She got him over in NXT. Tony should cut the guy as he doesn't have any value to AEW.

And HHH shouldn't bring him back unless he finds a magic pairing like Vega and Andrade. He cannot get over on his own that's been established in WWE and AEW.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh, but it is. The Bucks are holding everyone back while pushing their buddies. You haven’t caught on yet?
I don't like the way the young bucks run things either but you can't just pin everything on them. I am pretty sure the Bucks were not even at the Dynamite Andrade had his "talk" with Sammy. If you really want to get into get into backstage politics supporting Sammy, I would look at Jericho's direction.

It'll be good to see Andrade, along with many others, leave the AEW. McMahon being ousted really changed things for the industry.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
Or are
I don't like the way the young bucks run things either but you can't just pin everything on them. I am pretty sure the Bucks were not even at the Dynamite Andrade had his "talk" with Sammy. If you really want to get into get into backstage politics supporting Sammy, I would look at Jericho's direction.

It'll be good to see Andrade, along with many others, leave the AEW. McMahon being ousted really changed things for the industry.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I’m mocking those that blame the Bucks for FTR while ignoring how shitty and random TK books EVERYONE. The Bucks didn’t have shit going on last year at this same time, so they were forced to playing lackey to Adam Cole and ReDragon. Adam Page was the goddamn world champion and struggled to be on TV with rumors that he and MJF were upset with their booking.

The most likely scenario is almost always the right one: TK doesn’t know how to book guys or capitalize when he gets guys super over. He dropped the ball on Omega. He dropped the ball on Cody. He dropped the ball on Mox using the pandemic as an excuse. He dropped the ball on Hangman beating Omega by giving Omega’s first loss in 714 days to Christian. He dropped the ball on Bryan. He dropped the ball on Punk after the first week when Chip was in here saying he’d ruined the buzz Punk brought. He ruined Sting’s highly covered debut by having him cut a boring promo about being happy to be back, killing his mystique. He killed Omega’s Belt Collector gimmick by not even mentioning the fact that the AEW world title was being defended against another company’s world title, which any other promoter would have made it into a big fucking deal.

TK just fucking sucks. Bucks may not like FTR. Bucks may be jealous of FTR. Bucks may be pricks. Bucks may be cringe. Bucks may hold Omega down some.

But I can’t in good faith blame the Bucks for FTR when I have that litany of hot moments that TK failed to capitalize on.

Is this not a fair and logical stance?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I hope they give Andrade his release. I'm not a fan of his work and it would earn TK some "good guy" points. AEW has plenty of awesome luchadors to fill his spot

I think Andrade was actually on the cusp of a fun midcard act, if he leaned into "OK, How You Know?" as a catchprase. Of course, this would be a permanent midcarder comedy gimmick but I think it would get over because it's over online and I think he only said it once.
It wouldn't give Tony 'good boy points.' It would set a bad precedent for AEW; All you have to do to be granted your release is punch someone in the locker room and start a fight.

·
Registered
17,721 Posts
It wouldn't give Tony 'good boy points.' it would set a bad precedent for AEW; All you have to do to be granted your release is punch someone in the locker room and start a fight.
IMO you shouldn't have to go to extreme lengths to quit a job. If he doesn't want to be here then let him go. He doesn't add anything unique to the product and AEW already has more guys than they need. I guess AEW does have a specific problem with backstage fights, so maybe it is important to punish that specific behavior.

·
Premium Member
46,421 Posts
He did not fit into AEW at all. It felt like they got him because Tony wanted to sign every single Ex-WWE guy and nothing they tried with him ever really clicked.

21 - 41 of 58 Posts