Wrestling Forum banner

Anderson TNA's Austin?

3011 Views 42 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  JasonCage
I noticed recently Mr.Anderson is kinda going for the Steve Austin Type seeing as
he's defying authority,
assualting authority...,
almost the top star when not even champion,
promo every night,
alot of swearing and last week he attacked another face(RVD)

do you think Anderson will be TNA's Stone Cold? as in TNA's bad ass
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
I see the similarities (and I personally believe he only wears that Camo hat to kinda tribute Austin), but Anderson is a little too funny to be a badass. Austin was funny, but he wasn't about jokes and puns. He would just tell someone off so bad that it was funny.

· Banned
2,418 Posts
They certainly want him to be, but he doesn't quite have it in my opinion. The guy has charisma, speaking ability (most of the time), enough in-ring talent to get by and the look of a top guy, but he just isn't very likeable. For all Austin's talent, perhaps the thing that most worked in his favor was how easy it was for the fans to like him.

If Austin hit RVD with a stunner, the fans would cheer him and enjoy his celebration. When Anderson does it, they wonder how it's going to affect his face run.

· Banned
4,476 Posts

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
I'm pretty sure Anderson is TNA's Kennedy...

I don't see why people need to keep comparing guys in this way. Just let them be them. Influence is there, but they're different guys.
Agreed. If people must do it then do it in terms of the role they play for the company, not the character. By this I mean that Austin was the new Hogan and Cena is the new Austin, in other words, look at the person who is the next top face, the next top heel, the next guarenteed 4 1/2* match guy, etc.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
I'm pretty sure Anderson is TNA's Kennedy...

I don't see why people need to keep comparing guys in this way. Just let them be them. Influence is there, but they're different guys.
This.

· Registered
419 Posts
He was clearly trying to be at the last IMPACT! (and he's definitely closer than someone like Cena or Orton in terms of getting the attitude down) but it just came off a little flat. IMO, he needs a better finish that doesn't take so long to set up.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Anderson is obviously modeling at least part of his character after Stone Cold. He's even done Austin's "waggle your head back and forth like an angry turtle while talking" thing a couple times. I think he pulls it off pretty well. His hat is really annoying though.

· Registered
163 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if this was what they were trying to do with Anderson. TNA seems to like recycling characters/storylines quite a bit

· Registered
7,589 Posts
I can remember Ken Anderson saying on quite a few occasions that the two biggest influences on his wrestling career were Stone Cold Steve Austin and Paul Heyman and that he had spoken to Stone Cold Steve Austin on numerous occasions about how he wanted to base his character off of him. The problem is though that Ken Anderson is not and will never be Stone Cold Steve Austin and should try and concentrate on being Ken Anderson which is the only way he will be successful in his wrestling career.

You only have to look at how much Randy Orton has gone backwards since WWE started attempting to push him as Stone Cold Steve Austin lite to realise that trying to be or make someone a clone of a previous wrestler and character just doesn't work no matter how hard you try. Another problem that TNA will have in attempting to push Ken Anderson as the new Stone Cold Steve Austin is the fact that the fan's and the entire wrestling industry have changed from how things were in early 1997 and we all know much more now than we did back then about how things work so it would never be accepted and if i was booking in TNA i would have Ken Anderson as my top heel rather than top face.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.