Wrestling Forum banner

Anderson missing something?

3848 51
I don't know what it is, but I can't help but not be 100% onboard with Mr. Anderson as champ. It just feels like he's missing something, some extra wow factor. I don't know if his entrance has gotten old to me, but I still enjoy it. Maybe his physique needs a little work. Maybe its the camo hat he wears. Or the mic check finisher which doesn't come across as anything exciting. Am I alone that he just doesn't get me marking out when on screen?

How would you fix Mr. Anderson for the better?
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
It's because his feud with Jeff has gone flat.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's his funny bone. The one he has is obviously broken.
Why does everything you say that deals with TNA, have to be negative. From the wrestlers, to the fans, to the creative team to the on-screen characters. I've never seen you say one positive thing about the company. It's kind of annoying.

On topic, though it might be the title. Before I wasn't sold on his ring skills, but he's impressed me as of late and he seems kind of underrated when it comes to his ring skills. But overall he's a pretty entertaining guy, and I'm happy he's world champ right now.

·
Registered
777 Posts
He just doesn't have what it takes to be a main eventer. WWE noticed it and look where he is now.
You're kidding right?

Kennedy was given many opportunities in the WWE to break through and be the next big thing. The entire illegitimate McMahon storyline was built around Ken and proves how much faith the WWE had in him as that angle would of been huge. Sadly though, he messed that up himself and it was ultimately wasted.

He won money in the bank, but due to a shit doctor's analysis of an injury he picked up (he was out for 4 weeks rather than the predicted 8 months), he had to drop it to Edge, who cashed it in next night to win the belt off of Taker.

He beat, what? 10 Former world champs in his first year on Smackdown?

So don't come on here spouting shit. If it wasn't down to injuries, his own stupidness and horrendous bad luck, Kennedy would be a multiple time World Champion in the WWE.

And even though I'm a massive TNA fan, I still want Ken to return to the WWE some day. He has talent which should be broadcast on the biggest stage in wrestling.

*awaits flaming from people claiming I'm a fan boy*

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
Why does everything you say that deals with TNA, have to be negative. From the wrestlers, to the fans, to the creative team to the on-screen characters. I've never seen you say one positive thing about the company. It's kind of annoying.

On topic, though it might be the title. Before I wasn't sold on his ring skills, but he's impressed me as of late and he seems kind of underrated when it comes to his ring skills. But overall he's a pretty entertaining guy, and I'm happy he's world champ right now.

Keep looking. =)

My disdain for the likes of Matt Hardy, Abyss, Anderson and Love's bones and manjaw does not make me negative towards everyone else. Actually, I have a soft spot for most of the TNA wrestlers than I do for other companies. The Impact Zone fans are ridiculous. TNA fans from other venues are pretty awesome. I've been to a live event of theirs before and will be going back in March and those fans are a good time. It's ok if I've cringed at some of the storylines creative have fed us. Next time I'll ask your permission, though...since it annoys you and all.

Not everyone thinks that Anderson is entertaining. I hope that's ok with you too.

·
Premium Member
26,901 Posts
he definitely needs to be heel to be likable. i just want Hardy to have the belt though.
Agreed. He's definitely likeable or at least tolerable when he isn't trying to be funny all the time. That's why his heel character in TNA worked in the first place. He was being a sarcastic, smug dick that would crack a joke because it was amusing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Honestly he isn't really missing anything, but he needs to lose the comedy portion of his promos. He is NOT funny. He tried to be funny on Family Feud, FAIL. He tries to be funny in promos, FAIL. If he was just being a sarcastic "I say whatever I want and don't give a fuck who I offend" asshole, then this thread probably wouldn't exist. He's good at just talking, but then he fucks all that up with his lame attempts to be funny.

·
Banned
11,216 Posts
His promos lack structure. He's naturally charismatic and fantastic on the mic, but when it's all left up to him he seems to fool around a little too much. I could be wrong. Even at this state he's a worthy main-eventer and overall an amazing performer.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.