Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of anti climactic endings like this.

Hand us a fucking bone for once, I'm not a smark who wanted cena to turn heel, I'm not a barret mark either, I wanted my money's worth. You could've went so many ways OTHER than this ending and it would've been worth my money. FFS, even my 11 y/o nephew didn't enjoy that shit. He rather have miz cash in.

Then again, why rant, I'm just one person and you couldn't care less about me.

Just know that you're turning pro wrestling into a fucking joke, you and TNA.

/rant

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I could care less as long as Barrett didn't get the strap but I don't think the ending was as bad as you make it seem.

I'm not gonna make my judgment till after RAW tomorrow night after I see where they're going with the Cena fired angle.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could care less as long as Barrett didn't get the strap but I don't think the ending was as bad as you make it seem.

I'm not gonna make my judgment till after RAW tomorrow night after I see where they're going with the Cena fired angle.
Vince hears about cena being fired, rehires him.

At least that's what I expect from WWE after SS.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got a bunch of good to great matches on the ppv and you complain just because there was no crazy swerve in the main event.
The matches were good, yes, but the only reason I bought this was for the main event.

Therefor, unless the main even is good, I don't care.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
You complain about buyrates being down yet the angle heading into this PPV is what sold the show, not the disappointing outcome. Backwards argument imo.

·
Registered
813 Posts
You complain about buyrates being down yet the angle heading into this PPV is what sold the show, not the disappointing outcome. Backwards argument imo.
I think his argument is that fans might be very disappointed with this PPV and it will discourage them from buying future ones. I don't agree with his opinion in the slightest, but I think there's at least some logic to it.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
His point is that the lack of a satisfying payoff makes people question ordering the PPVs. I'm glad that I just watched Dexter instead of wasting my time going to a bar to watch this.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That is one way to look at it. But have you considered the fact that WWE is making too much money of Merch sales like they have never done previously? Cena has been the highest merch seller since Austin (surpassing the likes of Hogan and The Rock). So WWE are making a lot of money through superstars who are able to sell a lot -- which is their focus point in this era.

I understand your comments, but WWE at this point in time, from a business perspective are more concerned in selling more of their items, having arena's full, and making lots of money through it. WWE today is a whole lot more global than it ever was previously and therefore as a corporation they are doing very well.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I thoguht the PPV was really good actually and the ending was different from what a lot of us thought was going to happen IMO.

I'm betting Cena goes to Smackdown, since they are trying to build smackdown up lately.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I thought both title matches were plain and boring and simple. Hopefully Barrett and Orton never main even a ppv together again. I haven't seen Barrett wrestle a decent match yet. I wasn't even paying attention to the wrestling it was so bad I was just waiting to see what Cena would do.

How about we get some quality main event matches with guys who aren't boring(orton, barrett, kane) the title picture is brutal right now. I enjoyed the first half of the show for sure but I paid for quality main events and did not get them.

I had a bigger problem with the actual match than the ending.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Barrett will get better in the ring with time. Cena at first was nowhere near close to ready to wrestle a PPV main event, despite his strong character.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
I don't care.

That ending got me a handshake from Cena in full emotion in arguably (kayfabe) the biggest decision of his life.

The atmosphere in the arena was ridiculous when he took that lap around the crowd and ALL the anti-Cena fans were in complete disarray.

I hardly call that anti-climatic

·
There are players and then there are pieces
5,052 Posts
It's because no one has to pay for PPV anymore, there are plenty of streams and places to download the full PPV. Ten years ago you had to either buy the PPV or wait a few months till it came out on DVD or VHS. Not to mention they show you the highlights of the matches the next night on raw now. They used to show us stills of the matches and then hype up the PPV so we would buy the replays.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
I don't care.

That ending got me a handshake from Cena in full emotion in arguably (kayfabe) the biggest decision of his life.

The atmosphere in the arena was ridiculous when he took that lap around the crowd and ALL the anti-Cena fans were in complete disarray.

I hardly call that anti-climatic
Whaa But Cena didn't Turn Heel WHaaaaaaaaaa TT_TT

Smark Response ^

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I found it stupid how Cena was rushing to make the pin after all the "Fired Or Free" hype he's just gonna run to make the count to get fired?He could've atleast teased us.

As for the ending that's a typical WWE ending.Wade shove Cena, Cena shove back, RKO, 1, 2 ,3.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
PPV buyrates have been in the shitter for a while now, so this wasn't going to magically change that, no matter the outcome. There are too many other options for people to see the show, and it doesn't help that they're charging $45 either.

co-sign.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
I found it stupid how Cena was rushing to make the pin after all the "Fired Or Free" hype he's just gonna run to make the count to get fired?He could've atleast teased us.

As for the ending that's a typical WWE ending.Wade shove Cena, Cena shove back, RKO, 1, 2 ,3.
go back and watch it chief their was a significant pause between 2 and 3

1 - 20 of 50 Posts