Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tide seems to be turning. Even as a joke. People are getting behind Otunga. Myself included. Not calling his match with cena anything more than the joke it was, but he was a big part of the show. And it seems to be working...according to the raw thread atleast. Oh man...it starts as a joke.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
it's just funny, thats all it is.

he hasn't gotten any less awful in my view. he's still a miserable waste of space, but i might as well laugh about it and make a joke of it while he's on television. its the same whenever a disaster like this happens. i remember how many jokes were made when Khali was made World Champion. making fun of it is a lot more fun than bitching.

oh, and while i'm here.

even New York didn't really wanna look at him.

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
it's just funny, thats all it is.

he hasn't gotten any less awful in my view. he's still a miserable waste of space, but i might as well laugh about it and make a joke of it while he's on television. its the same whenever a disaster like this happens. i remember how many jokes were made when Khali was made World Champion. making fun of it is a lot more fun than bitching.

oh, and while i'm here.

even New York didn't really wanna look at him.
Gotta add that this is largely accurate. It's like NXT 3, a complete trainwreck but at least you get a laugh out of it.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Get used to it, I have a feeling when he faces Edge on Smackdown, he will lose and be kicked out of the Nexus and thus be allowed to interfere in the Orton Barret match at SS. Question is, will he be screwing both Barret and Cena or is he going to interfere on Barret's behalf because it's all a part of the "plan"? Remember, Nexus is barred from ringside and the victory has to be pinfall or submission.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
It was always evident that WWE saw a future star in him, whether any of us liked it or not.

His push in the next eighteen-to-twenty four months is going to eventually make Randy Orton's 2007 repackaging push look like one of Morrison's two- or three-month flirtations with bigger and better things.

He's kind of... Improving... Which has to be the case since I don't think someone could be worse than he was, say, six months ago. He's become the second-most important "newcomer" in the Nexus saga. He's the prime mover of the subplot of Nexus underneath the main thread of the arc. In the end, WWE's just going to keep pushing him until we resign ourselves to it (if we haven't already).

It's why I was only mostly kidding when I mentioned him as a possibility in that enormous Royal Rumble thread yesterday. They're behind him. How behind him is the only question, and judging by how he's booked, protected and written, I'd say... Heavily behind him.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Otunga face turn is inevitable. As much as i like Otunga and i'm actually one of few guys here who often defends him, i wish the face turn was for the guy in my avatar to be honest because i'm not sure Otunga is the right guy to be the man who can stand for himself and speaks against the Nexus, unless there will be an angle where Nexus will beat him down so bad that he has to take time-off, similar to how they wrote Tarver off the show.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Otunga is going to form something with the former NEXUS members im telling you its going to be NATION OF DOMINATION just solely due to all the black people getting kicked out lol

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I think he will lose to Edge on SD, get kicked out of Nexus and then interfere at Survivor Series to make Barrett lose the match. Whatever happens, I just don't feel like Barrett is going to win for some reason. It feels too obvious and I think they will swerve us somehow. Besides, Cena is Cena. There's no way he's going to do the wrong thing lol.

·
19,154 Posts
Good prediction, Starbuck. It's still going to feel weird to me to see Nexus hold Tag Team gold while Barrett continues to fail at grabbing the WWE Championship, if you're right, though. It'd be like Batista and Orton holding gold in Evolution while Triple H just always chased the world championship, or Hollywood Hogan not having a stranglehold on the world championship while Hall and Nash held Tag Team gold in the nWo. It's just bizarre for a huge heel faction. To me, when Nexus won the tag straps, it meant that logically Barrett would inevitably win the big one, but WWE seems to love to swerve us in 2010, so who knows anymore?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Good prediction, Starbuck. It's still going to feel weird to me to see Nexus hold Tag Team gold while Barrett continues to fail at grabbing the WWE Championship, if you're right, though. It'd be like Batista and Orton holding gold in Evolution while Triple H just always chased the world championship, or Hollywood Hogan not having a stranglehold on the world championship while Hall and Nash held Tag Team gold in the nWo. It's just bizarre for a huge heel faction. To me, when Nexus won the tag straps, it meant that logically Barrett would inevitably win the big one, but WWE seems to love to swerve us in 2010, so who knows anymore?
Chasing the World Title >>>>> holding the Unified Tag titles

·
19,154 Posts
Well, sure, I'd much rather chase the World Championship than be a Tag Team Champion, especially these days, but it's just strange booking and writing, in any case.

I could see how it could work, however.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I think the whole thing rests on what they want to do with Cena. If he helps Barrett win, he can't just go back to being happy go lucky Cena because that's not who he is. For all intents and purposes, he should count the fall for Orton and let him win if it comes to it because that's what his character is all about. He would rather lose with honour than win by cheating or disrespect. Unless they want to go down the road of Cena 'losing his smile' or something along those lines, I really don't see them having him count the 3 for Barrett.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Otunga face turn is inevitable. As much as i like Otunga and i'm actually one of few guys here who often defends him, i wish the face turn was for the guy in my avatar to be honest because i'm not sure Otunga is the right guy to be the man who can stand for himself and speaks against the Nexus, unless there will be an angle where Nexus will beat him down so bad that he has to take time-off, similar to how they wrote Tarver off the show.
This.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I think he will lose to Edge on SD, get kicked out of Nexus and then interfere at Survivor Series to make Barrett lose the match. Whatever happens, I just don't feel like Barrett is going to win for some reason. It feels too obvious and I think they will swerve us somehow. Besides, Cena is Cena. There's no way he's going to do the wrong thing lol.
Funny you noticed that too, I posted the same observation a few minutes before you (I'm not saying you copied me by any means).

1 - 20 of 97 Posts