Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice at last nights pay per view they referred to WWE as 'World Wrestling Entertainment'?

Now I could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure they haven't referred to it as that in a pretty long time. It's always been 'WWE presents...' as they were content on ditching the whole 'we are wrestlers' idea and lent more towards 'we are performers/superstars'.

Obviously it is a tiny thing to point out but interesting nevertheless. They would've changed a minor detail like this for a reason, maybe a new direction for the company? I don't mean a major change of direction but a slow change back into accepting that they're a wrestling company and this is the wrestling industry.

Again, I could be wrong and they have always referred to it as 'World Wrestling Entertainment' and if so, lock this thread.

If not, then discuss away.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
They've been saying 'wrestlers' and 'wrestling' for months and months now, particularly since Punk and Danielson started becoming big.

When Punk and Danielson call themselves 'wrestlers' in every other promo there is no point trying to hide it.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this really discussion worthy? I mean, what's there to discuss?
Number 1) Clarification that they haven't referred to it as the 'World Wrestling Entertainment' in a while

Number 2) Whether this actually means anything or whether i'm grasping it at straws.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
ZOMG! WWE called themselves wrestling, goldberg is back!

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
Wow, people will do and say anything just to start a thread. What's the point of this thread? You are saying WWE cant call themself with what there initials stand for?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.