Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess WWE had this planned all along. xD Otunga isn't good enough to hold the titles. Way better off having Slater and Gabriel as champs.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
Re: And Logic Has Been Restored to Nexus with The Tag Team Championships No More Otun

Yep they aren't even confident enough that he can do a simple tag match. Plus him being face will destroy him and people won't rally behind him.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Re: And Logic Has Been Restored to Nexus with The Tag Team Championships No More Otun

I was really wondering why Gabriel wasn't chosen to win the titles last night, now it makes sense. It's just a shame Otunga's name has to go in the record books, regardless of what title and how long.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

Agreed. I'm more happy to see Gabriel win a title, he's just a phenomenal wrestler. But Slater just doesn't do it for me, I don't know why. I haven't seen his FCW stuff but odds are it's 10x more exciting than what he's doing now...

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts

I was dissappointed when he said "Im Nexus!" when he couldve just 'quit' :no:

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts

Surprisingly I'm starting to feel bad for Otunga.
He's improved on the mic A LOT. He still extremely sucks in the ring.
But for some reason I feel bad for him (kayfabe wise, of course)

·
Registered
720 Posts

it doesnt matter bc the TAG team Titles dont mean anything in the WWE..

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts

I think there's a lot of shortsightedness here. Otunga didn't drop the belt because WWE doesn't like him; he dropped the belt because WWE likes him a lot.

I hate Otunga quite possibly more than anyone on this forum, but he clearly lost tonight because WWE wants to get him over. This is just the next step in a gradual mutiny-inspired face turn, which now includes legitimate sympathy from Cena.

While Otunga is the last guy on the Nexus I'd ever want to see be pushed, that's clearly WWE's plan. And if that's their plan, they're executing it well.

·
Registered
813 Posts

It's just a shame Otunga's name has to go in the record books, regardless of what title and how long.
Exactly. Ugh. A one day reign by David Otunga and John Cena? The final nail in the coffin for the WWE Tag Titles. Somewhere Professor Tanaka is rolling over in his grave.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts

I think there's a lot of shortsightedness here. Otunga didn't drop the belt because WWE doesn't like him; he dropped the belt because WWE likes him a lot.

I hate Otunga quite possibly more than anyone on this forum, but he clearly lost tonight because WWE wants to get him over. This is just the next step in a gradual mutiny-inspired face turn, which now includes legitimate sympathy from Cena.

While Otunga is the last guy on the Nexus I'd ever want to see be pushed, that's clearly WWE's plan. And if that's their plan, they're executing it well.
I believe this to ring true. Haha.
Although, I REALLY don't think he can pull off a face at all.
He's JUST getting by pulling off a heel persona.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts

Yep, but I think the only reason the Nexus have the tag titles, are so they can venture into Smackdown! whenever they want. :rolleyes:

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts

I sort of assumed they'd go Freebird with the belts, especially now that Boobs and Mumbles are part of the group.

Good old, random WWE logic.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

Yippee, no more Otunga. :side:

Seriously, if this is the best way that WWE could think of to get the titles off of Otunga, then I'd rather have him as champion.

"Finally, Gabriel gets a title! He can do so much for it!"
:lmao

Please. There is no tag division anymore. Who's Gabriel and Slater going to face, huh? The wonder team of Bourne and Henry?

Just melt those stupid copper pieces of crap down already, and save us this pain.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

there is the power duo of the mamosas :O

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts

In all seriousness, the duo of Gabriel and Slater winning just makes me wish that WWE took their tag division more seriously. Gabriel is one of the best in the company right now and Slater is MASSIVELY underrated in the ring. These two could tear it up with absolutely anyone if given the opportunity.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

Tag Titles might as well be two opened cans of cheap beer in some hick's back yard, with piss and rain in them.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts

Actually, Otunga losing the titles, and the aftermath that followed, means WWE has even bigger plans for him. The man still belongs in FCW, but oh well.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

WWE have to take the tag belts seriously now that they belong to Nexus. I expect another random thrown together tag team from Smackdown to challenge them. I think it was a wise decision to let Gabriel and Slater win the belt while progressing the friction storyline between Otunga and Barrett at the same time.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts

Putting the belts on Gabriel and Slater makes sense in the long run as they have more potential as a team than Otunga and Cena. This certainly proves WWE aren't comfortable with Otunga in the ring yet as they don't even have the confidence in him to work tag team matches.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts