Wrestling Forum banner

And FINALLY....!!!!

2944 26
.....New Nexus... is... gone!!!

Well, for the past 3 weeks, we have seen 3 members of the New Nexus, Husky Harris, Michael McGillicutty, and David Otunga get punted out of the Nexus literally lol. So that leaves Mason Ryan as CM Punk's bodyguard and that's it. I am very happy with this as long as Ryan doesn't get punted next week. I see a lot of potential in him. This is what I have wanted all along, just Mason Ryan and CM Punk. They have great chemistry. Are you happy with what has gone down??
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope Batista stays with Punk too. The Nexus should have died at the end of last year, when John Cena destroyed them and beat Wade Barrett.
Batista isn't even in Nexus. You mean Mason Ryan?

· Registered
4,026 Posts
at least the weak members are out to FCW

i personally like mason ryan, seen the guy's background, he can wrestle

plus... as long as i don't have to see 3 talentless pricks, i'll welcome the new nexus anytime even if its just a tag team

· Registered
7,601 Posts
I'm glad that it finally looks like The Nexus is over because every week that they have been around from Survivor Series onwards has destroyed all the great work that the group had done in between their debut and Survivor Series. When they debuted i can honestly say i hadn't been as excited about a group since The Radicals in 2000 but WWE really dropped the ball with them because after such a hot debut they didn't know how to book them.

For my mind last year up until Survivor Series i believe Wade Barrett to have been the hottest heel in wrestling and he should have had the WWE title at some point to make The Nexus look even stronger so they seemed believable as a group feuding with John Cena and Randy Orton. I just can not understand why WWE dropped the ball so badly with The Nexus after pushing them so hard going into SummerSlam, they needed to go over at SummerSlam and they kind of lost their way after that despite Wade Barrett going over John Cena and Randy Orton on PPV.

Hopefully now we will simply see CM Punk with Mason Ryan alongside him as an enforcer/bodyguard which will help get Mason Ryan over as well as helping CM Punk like all enforcer/bodyguard characters do. With Mason Ryan alongside him i can see CM Punk winning the WWE title a few months after WrestleMania and going on to have a very long title run which i believe he needs to place CM Punk as a permanent fixture in the main event scene and fully establish him as the top heel in the company.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
I'm so happy that Genesis, Harris and Boretunga are gone. Ryan is the only guy who looks like a legit future star.

· Registered
208 Posts
Wade was the real deal. Punk is great on his own, but he ain't good at carry new guy. Look at his straightedge society...

Reactions: CainTheUndertaker

· Registered
1,485 Posts
Rumors about the demise of Nexus have once again been greatly exaggerated. :rolleyes: WWE just removed the dead weight from the group. Those guys needed to go back to develop their skills but they will be replaced by a more Corre-like Nexus.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
I still think it's going to be revealed that Punk was hired by either Vince or the Raw GM to kill Nexus from the inside. Actually, it might be better if it's the Raw GM, since this could lead to him finally coming forward.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.