Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE is doing a good job in pushing Bourne imo. But have you noticed that they are doing it in a rather unique way. They are not putting him straight into ME matches (well they did once but that wasn't that big of a deal) and they are not having him feud a single Main Eventer or an upper midcarder. With the ME being busy with building the Nexus and Cena, WWE has brought Randy, Edge and Jericho into the uppermidcard section in Raw and they have also involved Evan Bourne in their activities. You gotta admit that is a rather unique way to test if a wreslter is worth the push or can hang with the big guys. What do you think, is the push working and how does Bourne look with the likes of Edge, Orton and JEricho

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
He looks good but getting RKOed two weeks straight isn't good for him. Still I think they know when to pull the trigger on Evan.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He can get RKOd the entire night but it's still better than what he was (not) doing before

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yes he isnt having matches or feuds with any single person (now his short one with jereeco is over) but they keep him involved with the main event guys. Not so long ago guys like cena and sheamus would never be on the same camera as bourne, now he gets matches with cena, orton, jericho and edge, screen time with sheamus and a beat down off the hottest thing in wwe right now. None of which is your typical jobber duty. He is moving up the ladder slowly xD

·
Premium Member
818 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I see him winning MITB. The way he is getting rko'd and the backstage promo with Sheamus hinting to a feud makes me think that.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I like what they are doing with Evan, its nice to see someone being pushed without being shoved down our throats (Swagger, Sheamus' first push). I can see him getting into a feud with someone like Miz, especially if Miz wins MITB.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
The best thing about Bourne's push is that it feels as if he legitimately got himself over enough with the audience to warrant the push instead of management heavily favoring him like with Swagger or McIntyre.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Yes he isnt having matches or feuds with any single person (now his short one with jereeco is over) but they keep him involved with the main event guys. Not so long ago guys like cena and sheamus would never be on the same camera as bourne, now he gets matches with cena, orton, jericho and edge, screen time with sheamus and a beat down off the hottest thing in wwe right now. None of which is your typical jobber duty. He is moving up the ladder slowly xD
I wouldn't even say slowly. Not only has he been involved with the main event players for over a month or so thus far, he has been doing some pretty incredible stuff - i.e. The Shooting StaRKO. He also has a PPV clean pinfall victory over Chris Jericho. And on top of that, it was a First Class caliber match.

Evan is one of the most interesting guys on Raw right now, in my opinion, and I would love for WWE to continue is push the same way they have been doing it...off of his talent, not his character/look. I predict a US Title reign before the end of the year.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
A midcarder tussling with ME level opponents to test him for a ME push. Yeah very original lol.

Nah I get what you mean, they haven't really focused his energy into a single programme like they did with Miz and Cena or Kofi and Randy. There was a very short one with Jericho and that was it. He's a talented young guy and deserves the chance.

They just need to work on giving him some kind of personality now...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Evan Bourne sucks really hard to me.

He is the basic smilling spot monkey (btw, like a clone of Kofi. At least Kofi has showed some glimpse of personality), he has no substance, so when he is on the same ring with Orton or Edge, he looks incredibly out of place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts