Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am decent fan of WWE/wrestling, but due to time at hand i havent been able to watch the shows on TV. For say last 2-3 months, I have been relying on Internet websites/forums to know whats happening these days. Yesterday, I happened to watch Raw Supershow in which HHH announced that he ll face Punk at NoC. To my surprise, WWE was totally different than what I imagined it to be after reading all the comments from our Internet community. My Observations:
1. Punk and HHH segment may be the top feud, but people were not really into it (Yes some cheers for Punk but thats about it).
2. Orton was the only superstar for him i heard genuine cheers. Everyone was involved in a match which was between Orton and Heath.
3. Well Cena connects wid Kids. No much to say here.
4. Surprisingly, MIz and R-truth are really kool.
5. And there was so many superstars on the show, like Christian, Sheamus, Zack Rider, etc. etc. which are all capable of providing an entertaining show.

So, I realized that its not a problem with Talent. and Orton and Cena deserve to be the top stars. The problem is WWE needs to create interesting storylines along their top stars. I am not sure if people really like CM Punk or HHH. If Orton or Cena were involved in attitude era type storylines, things would be totally different.

I think there is enough talent in WWE, and we dont need people like Jericho or batista or shawn or stone cold. Its just that WWE needs to make the storylines edgy, and involve Orton and Cena in solid angles, rather than just running for championship.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
That's pretty much what a lot of people say on this forum. It's not solely the lack of talent that's making the WWE as poor as it is at the moment, it's the sheer laziness from the creative team to actually string out a full storyline without rushing things.

Then there's them misusing talent which is partly due to them rushing things, like the Nexus angle which killed all of Barrett's steam and look at him now.

Add to that the fact that the midcard belts don't mean shit, and you have no way of getting the new superstars credible without throwing them straight in at the deep end ala Sheamus.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
They need build up's for their storylines and their Superstars. And they do have some little buildups but than suddenly it ends , with no awnsers and they act like it never happened.

Or they start to push a guy for like a month and after that it stops and no more push.

Doesn't make sense.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Every midcarder that they push they give up on far too early. It takes more than three weeks to develop a character but WWE and it's ADHD fans don't understand that.

·
Registered
638 Posts
could it also be vince's fault? he has the finaly say or everything, so that might screw up what the writers want to do. eg, del rio losing the belt so soon

·
Registered
14,197 Posts
The amount of pay per views is to much as well. They should only have 8. Also their writers should come up with better ideas. Also enough with the 1 month title reigns. Cena's been in the WWE for 9 years and already has been a 12 time world champ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts