Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is sprung out of my belief that having Orton and Cena on the same show is kind of...redundant...the way it seems no one can beat them cleanly. So here goes:

The way they have Orton vs Punk right now it seems like Orton pretty much has the upper hand. By that I mean Orton as an individual vs. Punk as an individual (No Nexus) leans easily towards Orton beating Punk.

So say they continue booking it that way. Punk can't get a clean win over Orton, it extends up until Elimination chamber where Punk manages to eliminate Orton somehow. Clean or Dirty, doesn't matter.

After the elimination chamber, the matches start to sort of lean Punk's way, but Orton manages to win. You could even throw in a light twist by having Orton start to win using dirty tactics.

This culminates in a match before Wrestlemania in which the match choice goes to the winner. Punk somehow manages to win clean over Orton after finding some random way to reverse one of Orton's trademark moves or the stalking taunt thing into a GTS. Punk claims he has Orton figured out, etc, etc and he's tired of dealing with him so he decided that they will compete in a last man standing match with the added stipulation that the loser of their match at Wrestlemania leaves RAW for Smackdown. Maybe you even have this happen two or three weeks before Wrestlemania and have Punk go over Orton cleanly in a similar "figured him out" fashion again.

At Wrestlemania, the match goes back and forth (obviously...it's fu**ing Wrestlemania...) and Orton is standing while Punk is down. Sometime before 10 counts, members of the new Nexus (Who should be involved in other things during WM and before it) come down and attack Randy (also getting Punk to his feet) in a brutal fashion (as much as PG will allow) and help Punk hit the GTS.

Randy is down, but gets up at eight or nine counts. The match continues until Punk is handed a chair, chairshots Orton, and then hits another GTS.

I figure if it happens that way, Punk gets major heat for beating fan favorite Orton at the biggest event of the year and sending him to Smackdown, even if he didn't win clean at the event he still did get a clean win, or perhaps a series of clean wins from the weeks before.

It also separates Cena and Orton, allowing them to become respective faces of the brands and hopefully keeping them away from each other to create what could be a potentially fresh RAW Icon vs. Smackdown Icon feud leading up to Wrestlemania 30. Hopefully without titles, too.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't see CM Punk going over Orton cleanly maybe once but not twice. But I like your idea it makes alot of sense. Orton could lose at Wrestlemania and then the next night on Raw make a surprise appearance by taking out Nexus and hitting CM Punk with an RKO as a last goodbye to Raw. That would be epic. Having Cena on Raw and Orton on Smackdown is also the best move the WWE could make business wise.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Why not Cena on Smackdown and Orton on Raw?? Smackdown has less viewers so it should get the bigger money maker.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again. It doesn't have to be twice. It could maybe be one clean win. I don't think one clean win is too much at all for the WWE creative.

Also, a reason I say Orton to Smackdown is that I figure most of the people on this forum would reply in the ever genius fashion: "Vince move his moneymaker to the B show? Yeah, buddy, you're dreaming."

I wouldn't mind moving Cena back to Smackdown at all.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I like the idea of Punk continually beating the drone, but I wouldn't move Orton to SmackDown. He needs to stay as far away from Barrett as possible.
He could join up with Edge to bring back Rated RKO (assuming Edge loses title by that point) and possibly feud with Gabriel and Slater over the tag team titles. I don't even know if those reports about Rated RKO returning are still true though.. it was probably just that one Raw.

That would likely mean Kofi is the top face though.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
He could join up with Edge to bring back Rated RKO (assuming Edge loses title by that point) and possibly feud with Gabriel and Slater over the tag team titles.

That would probably mean Kofi is the top face though.
He's not gonna bring back Rated RKO, that's just stupid on so many levels.

Undertaker would be the top face, provided he doesn't leave again. Kofi being the top face is fine though considering he deserves it more than Orton and Edge at this point anyway. Edge's career is almost over and he needs to start fading out, and Orton is.....Orton.

Punk will go over Orton a # of times in the build to WM but never cleanly, and he certainly won't win the feud. I think WWE hates him just slightly less than Christian.
Punk is a 3 time world champion, WWE doesn't hate him, they just don't love him enough to treat him like the top, top name that he's earned the right to be, much like Jericho.

On the other hand, WWE treats Christian like a Superstars regular but with tv time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.