Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was watching the Justice League Cartoon yesterday and there was an episode that I thought could be used for the basis for why Cena would turn heel.

Skip to 1:26

In this episode Lex Luthor questions Superman's character and accuses him of loving the praise from the women, the children, and just the "Hero" role in general MORE than just doing the right thing which is why Superman's never killed him.

Now of course it wouldn't make sense to go into the killing part but I like the idea of Cena falling too much in love with his current role as the "face of the WWE".

Personally if I were booking:
  • I'd make Cena the WWE champion
  • I'd make him drop the title to Orton in a FACE vs FACE feud
  • I'd make him then challenge the Undertaker's streak at Mania
  • He'd lose
  • "Accidents" and beat downs start to happen to both Randy Orton and The Undertaker
  • Randy finds out through hidden camera that John Cena was setting it up
  • Randy then calls out Cena and brings up the fact that spotlight is no longer on you and this is why you are doing this
  • John Cena then tries to deny it but eventually admits to it

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Not too bad an Idea. Back at the time during Summerslam I was always hoping for him to join the Nexus and turn heel, but of course, that ideas pretty much out the window though.

This kind of heel turn sounds more likely now.

·
Better than you
890 Posts
What don't you people understand about Cena being Vince's main draw? Cena will never turn heel as long as he's the one keeping WWE afloat.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
What don't you people understand about Cena being Vince's main draw? Cena will never turn heel as long as he's the one keeping WWE afloat.
Cena will turn heel again before he retires.

Hence the "Eventual" in the title, no one said it would happen soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It would be better for cena's heel turn for him to win the title and then loose it clean the following night on raw to someone else (not that the major titles ever change hands on tv a part form MITB cash in or Draft change) have him go through a loosing clean streak and then turn him. They could change his "You cant C me" to "You cant B me".

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be better for cena's heel turn for him to win the title and then loose it clean the following night on raw to someone else (not that the major titles ever change hands on tv a part form MITB cash in or Draft change) have him go through a loosing clean streak and then turn him. They could change his "You cant C me" to "You cant B me".
Lol that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
♠Chip♠;9275745 said:
Not too bad an Idea. Back at the time during Summerslam I was always hoping for him to join the Nexus and turn heel, but of course, that ideas pretty much out the window though.

This kind of heel turn sounds more likely now.
The Nexus thing was just one of the WWE's flirts to sell more merchandise...I think that they could still turn Cena heel and profit from it.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Saying he'll turn heel in the next 5 years is a stretch.
It will happen someday though. And I'm gunna mark out like a schoolgirl when it does.

·
Better than you
890 Posts
♠Chip♠;9275762 said:
Cena will turn heel again before he retires.

Hence the "Eventual" in the title, no one said it would happen soon.
It's not going to happen eventually; the WWE needs Cena. Today, without a face Cena, WWE is finished. WWE has built up its company so much on Cena that a heel turn would be disastrous. No current face can even hope to match his level of buildup.

·
Banned
291 Posts
It's not going to happen eventually; the WWE needs Cena. Today, without a face Cena, WWE is finished. WWE has built up its company so much on Cena that a heel turn would be disastrous. No current face can even hope to match his level of buildup.
It'll happen the same way it happened with Hogan in 96.

He'll be a face for so long that people will long forget the idea that the guy carrying the company could be a bad guy.

And then bam :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its not so much his level of build up, its the fact that his merch sells well with the kids thats the factor with when he turns, The same reason they will never take the mask of Mysterio, its sells well to the kids. It also P**ses me off because you know when its a Mysterio mask vs ... match hes never gonna loose.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cena will only turn heel when someone else consistently outdraws and outsells him in merch. He might have turned if Jeff Hardy had stuck around. At this point the only possible contender to that is Randy Orton, and even that is a stretch.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
WWE's not finished without a face Cena. Just because Cena won't sell as much merch as a heel doesn't suddenly mean the WWE goes bankrupt, gets no crowds and goes out of business.

·
Better than you
890 Posts

He'll be a face for so long that people will long forget the idea that the guy carrying the company could be a bad guy.

Alright, let me rephrase this: as long as another Hogan/Austin/Rock-esque draw is absent from the WWE, Cena won't turn heel. It would mean financial ruin.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Alright, let me rephrase this: as long as another Hogan/Austin/Rock-esque draw is absent from the WWE, Cena won't turn heel. It would mean financial ruin.
It won't mean Financial Ruin. The're not keeping him heel for ever. Orton would be a decent substitute for the time a Cena heel run would be going on.

·
Better than you
890 Posts
♠Chip♠;9275826 said:
It won't mean Financial Ruin. The're not keeping him heel for ever. Orton would be a decent substitute for the time a Cena heel run would be going on.
Alright, even if it doesn't mean financial ruin, why would WWE lose money on one of their biggest merch movers just to turn him heel? It doesn't make sense.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Alright, even if it doesn't mean financial ruin, why would WWE lose money on one of their biggest merch movers just to turn him heel? It doesn't make sense.
That's what we're saying. We're not talking about right now, this year. When there is no suitable replacements for Cena. We're talking about in however many years to come when there is someone suitable to take Cenas place.

That's when there will be a possibility of a Heel turn.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The WWE is a huge corporation with millions of fans. I doubt turning one guy heel would RUIN the company. If anything it could create MORE money because a Cena heel turn could be a spectacle in it of itself seeing how the same thing happened with Hogan in 96.

·
Registered
802 Posts

i think this will happen too and people will tune in to hate him and theyll be signs up why cena why? it would be great for people who understand the wwe and not just for the kids. i mean what about all the hogan fans (hulkamaniacs) me i was one i got over it and still watched wrestling plus hogan was way bigger than cena back then so it wont be as big as a shock not even as big as stone cold wm17 but it would still be gr8

·
Registered
802 Posts
because it would be good for the fans and a gd change hed draw more money as a heel in tickets house shows and ppvs so that should balance the merch profit they make

1 - 20 of 24 Posts