Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's partly because I think they'd be pretty epic together, partly because a legit tag team would make a change and partly because they haven't got a clue what to do with Bourne otherwise.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
the best thing for bourne to do is leave wwe and go back to the indys were he tore down the house on a regular basis and got the credit he deserved .obviously dont see this happen though.and as much as i hate to say it bourne probaly wont take over mysterio's role when he retires.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If Mysterio has to retire soon becuase of injuries, they'll be pushing Bourne into that role, but not any time before that.
I hope and wish, but I doubt it. I doubt he'll ever be nearly as over as Mysterio. Just the fact that Mysterio wears a mask gets him over the most. The key is the kids. They love him. Why? I think the mask has a lot to do with it. Most of the time when you hear the "619" chants you can tell it's kids.

I would love a team with him and Gabriel though.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I hope and wish, but I doubt it. I doubt he'll ever be nearly as over as Mysterio. Just the fact that Mysterio wears a mask gets him over the most. The key is the kids. They love him. Why? I think the mask has a lot to do with it. Most of the time when you hear the "619" chants you can tell it's kids.
That is a great point. Maybe when Mysterio retires, he should give a mask to Bourne as a symbolic gesture, and Bourne could start wearing his own masks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That would be a team that could be potentially as popular as London & Kendrick or the Hardy Boyz. That is if they are give the proper time and push in the far future. For now, they need to work to make him less of a jobber, or he'll probably be released before the pairing could happen.
Evan bourne will not be released because he jobs. He is GOOD at jobbing, any boring powerhouse wwe needs to put over there impactful finishing move, the first guy they will go to is evan bourne because he is so good at selling them. I never get why people seem to think that jobbing = released.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bourne/Gabriel = awesomnesss

Reactions: Green Light

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
That's a good idea actually. Honestly I don't see Evan Bourne getting any higher than wherever the United States Championship is on the card but a high-flying tag team could work. They can be a team like London and Kendrick where neither will go too far up the card on their own but still get a decent tag title run.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
I like what I've seen from Gabriel so far but he needs to stop wearing that crappy angel outfit. If Orlando Jordan sees him in that, he'll want to **** him.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I'm not sure they'd be the best combination. Maybe this is my personnal bias but I think you need contrast in a tag-team and I'd rather see Bourne teamed with a mat-based wrestler.

Also, I wouldn't rule out a decent singles run for him. Punk, Kofi, Danielson, Miz, Morrison and Kaval (when he's called up) are all on the small side by WWE standards. Jericho and Christian will be around for a few years and, if he fixes his attitude, Carlito could get back to where he was in 2006.

In a climate like that, Bourne could definitely get a decent run.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts