Wrestling Forum banner

An Adress To Everyone Whining About The WWE

2128 Views 33 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  NJ88
Shut up. I hate you.
Honestly, you have to look at the product now and compare it to 1993. Wreslting is Cycle driven. Just shut up and stop whining! In the past month I've seen signs of it getting better. The Rock is not one of them. Truthfully, I love the Rock, but him showing up doesn't affect the product as a whole. Im speaking of the WWE, not a cameo by a former star. Did WWF rule in 93? Hell no. Watch some of those matches. Excepting Michaels, Hart, Razor and a few others the roster was filled with crappy wrestlers with crappy gimmicks. Look at today. Wrestlers are Joe Everyman (first name-lastname) with no real distinguishing factors. They have generic music, they are boring on the mic and in the ring (Swagger = Charlie Sheen with Kitten Blood) and really are detramental to the show itself.

But why shouldn't we complain? Because it's not helping.

Four years after 1993 the Attitude era began. We all loved it simply because it got entertaining for us! Vince follows a specific generation. When the children of the 80's grew up, they needed adult wrestling. BOOM. Austin, Rock, Taker, DX. But now, those people are in their 30's and, to Vince, useless. In an economic crisis, they have to worry about bills and food, not PPV's. It's time to restart the cycle. This generation of kids can beg mommy and daddy to buy Wrestlemania. Then, when they start to grow out of Super Cena, We'll see a change.

I'm predicting it right now. 2013/2014 (somewhere during that timeline) We Will see definitive proof of wrestling reaching it's late 90's early 00's heights (maybe not exactly that, but you get my point).

Just shut up people, your whining isn't helping. We all miss fast paced matches, hardcore fights, Austin 3:16, but crying about it won't help. Only time can solve this crisis. Until then, you've got WWE On demand and loads of DVD's to satisfy you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,419 Posts
Calm down friend. Haters are always gonna hate. Nothing you can do to change that.

Oh and btw, Attitude era superstars are all well past their 30's. Just so you know.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
Shut up. I hate you.
Honestly, you have to look at the product now and compare it to 1993. Wreslting is Cycle driven. Just shut up and stop whining! In the past month I've seen signs of it getting better. The Rock is not one of them. Truthfully, I love the Rock, but him showing up doesn't affect the product as a whole. Im speaking of the WWE, not a cameo by a former star. Did WWF rule in 93? Hell no. Watch some of those matches. Excepting Michaels, Hart, Razor and a few others the roster was filled with crappy wrestlers with crappy gimmicks. Look at today. Wrestlers are Joe Everyman (first name-lastname) with no real distinguishing factors. They have generic music, they are boring on the mic and in the ring (Swagger = Charlie Sheen with Kitten Blood) and really are detramental to the show itself.

But why shouldn't we complain? Because it's not helping.

Four years after 1993 the Attitude era began. We all loved it simply because it got entertaining for us! Vince follows a specific generation. When the children of the 80's grew up, they needed adult wrestling. BOOM. Austin, Rock, Taker, DX. But now, those people are in their 30's and, to Vince, useless. In an economic crisis, they have to worry about bills and food, not PPV's. It's time to restart the cycle. This generation of kids can beg mommy and daddy to buy Wrestlemania. Then, when they start to grow out of Super Cena, We'll see a change.

I'm predicting it right now. 2013/2014 (somewhere during that timeline) We Will see definitive proof of wrestling reaching it's late 90's early 00's heights (maybe not exactly that, but you get my point).

Just shut up people, your whining isn't helping. We all miss fast paced matches, hardcore fights, Austin 3:16, but crying about it won't help. Only time can solve this crisis. Until then, you've got WWE On demand and loads of DVD's to satisfy you.

And if you're getting raped you should just lay there and enjoy it.... right?

Reactions: Mr. Rager

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And if you're getting raped you should just lay there and enjoy it.... right?
No, but should you cry to the person who can't help your situation?

· Registered
2,723 Posts
Attitude Era only happened because of WCW. There is no major competition for WWE now, unless you count MMA, which doesn't even necessarily cater to the same audience. If Vince isn't forced to take any risks, naturally he's not gonna.

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Attitude Era only happened because of WCW. There is no major competition for WWE now, unless you count MMA, which doesn't even necessarily cater to the same audience. If Vince isn't forced to take any risks, naturally he's not gonna.
You could say that, But I think that people will just overall get sick of the product eventually and he'll have to change. That's kind of what happened in the 90's, (though I will say it was due to WCW and ECW) Mabel turned to Viscera, Rocky Mavia turned to The Rock, IMO, because the product stunk and the fans started to go to WCW/ECW. I think without competition, it'll still change because people hit a point where enough is enough. Plus, if HHH really does take over I think he'll make some changes.

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
LOL dude fighting a battle you're not going to win. This is a wrestling forum, as long as WWE put a show on every monday and friday people on here are going to whinge. They're stuck in the attitude era, its sad.

I understand the post as I also get frustrated by the people who cant just accept things and think they know better than Vince, but yeah its not even worth it. Good try though and you made some valid points.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
I think it's silly for anyone to just expect people to accept what they see without criticism. It's silly to expect that.

What's even sillier is someone coming to a place where people come to express their feelings and post their opinions about something and expecting them to play nice and only say good things. What a five year old mentality that is.

This place would be absolutely BORING if all we could do was post nice things about shows. You're opinion is negative or critical? HOW DARE YOU!

:lmao fucking ridiculous.

OP you really shouldn't let the opinions of others have such an effect on you. You don't get this way in every day life do you?

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
I think it's silly for anyone to just expect people to accept what they see without criticism. It's silly to expect that.

What's even sillier is someone coming to a place where people come to express their feelings and post their opinions about something and expecting them to play nice and only say good things. What a five year old mentality that is.

This place would be absolutely BORING if all we could do was post nice things about shows. You're opinion is negative or critical? HOW DARE YOU!

:lmao fucking ridiculous.

OP you really shouldn't let the opinions of others have such an effect on you. You don't get this way in every day life do you?
Spot on! Btw in my post I meant to say SOME people not all people haha. I meant the people who dont have anything positive to say... at all!

· Registered
2,723 Posts
You could say that, But I think that people will just overall get sick of the product eventually and he'll have to change. That's kind of what happened in the 90's, (though I will say it was due to WCW and ECW) Mabel turned to Viscera, Rocky Mavia turned to The Rock, IMO, because the product stunk and the fans started to go to WCW/ECW. I think without competition, it'll still change because people hit a point where enough is enough. Plus, if HHH really does take over I think he'll make some changes.
Sure there will probably be some degree of change, but without competition, it won't be anything major. Even if Vince loses some viewers due to a dull product, he's already a billionaire and will always have the core WWE fanbase to fall back on. Competition is always necessary for the best product possible, as it forces both sides to up their game and take risks. Monopolies are NEVER a good thing.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,509 Posts
An Address to the guy whining about people who whine about WWE,

Shut up. We hate you too.

Reactions: Arya Dark

· Registered
1,247 Posts
Yet another fantastically well thought out and intelligent thread. :rolleyes:

(A Mostly) Crap, lazy, underachieving product with bucket loads of unused potential= Angry fans.

Deal with it.

No one expects 'the perfect' show. However, based on what we've seen them achieve before, as well as some fantastic current talent, WWE really is well below par these days. I'm sure Vince would agree (especially based on the reaction he got on his return....hehehehe).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.