Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing how well received my absolutely fantastic idea for Cody Rhodes was, I thought I'd share with you the other great idea I had. This one concerns someone who most people here in WF don't hold in high regard, but a person I happen to like despite his obvious flaws and limitations: Ezekiel Jackson.

Here's some things we know about Big Zeke that work as a template for this gimmick: he has an impressive physique, he doesn't talk much and he's a religious man. I made a online search on Yahoo! on these three features and this is what the search engine came up with it:

Most of you should know Mr. Eko as he was one of the best and most beloved characters on LOST. His backstory was that he was a former drug dealer who became a very religious man after the death of his younger brother who was a priest in Nigeria. He walks around with a big wooden stick engraved with quotes from the bible that he uses to beat people up. When he first appeared he was on a vow of silence and did not say a word for days.

Personally I think if he used a variation of this character as his gimmick it could do wonders for him and it would finally give something to make him stand out (apologies to all The Brian Kendrick fans). In a way it's kind of similar to Hakushi's gimmick in the 90's. A nice entrance music, a foreign object he could use to attack people and a justification to keep him from doing bad promos and we could have a pretty entertaining character. Certainly there's plenty of angles and storylines to do with someone who's a mute by personal choice.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Ah, Mr. Eko. He was always my favourtie character on LOST. I guess Ezekiel Jackson could pull it off, but it won't really help him improve in the ring, which is what he needs most.

Mr. Eko is fucking awesome though. :D

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I would prefer he go back to FCW, and join up with Husky, Eli, and become the third member of their group. Husky somewhat of a spiritual take as a character, and Eli is just the strange, quiet type. Ezekiel has the religious metaphors that worked for him in the past, and I think he would add that other character in so well. Perhaps Jackson's role could be to read religious scriptures to Cottonwood, and brain wash him which would explain why he doesn't speak. Jackson, and Husky would mesh well in my opinion.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Not bad. I'd like to see this tried out in FCW first to see if Zeke can play it. If anything, it can help tweak his moveset to balance with the character.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i havent watched LOST but by looking at those pics i think i can get the idea.
would be a great gimmick but still cant see Big Zeke doing it, probs would make it fail as well

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hell, they should bring Adebisi from "OZ" ( same actor, character and all) and make him wrestle. That'd be golden.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I don't think this is a good idea, No offence.

As far as I'm consenered,

You can either be a monster or a religious man from the 90's..

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like the idea of this gimmick, but I don't want to see Ezekiel doing it. Just thinking about his horrendous ringwork makes me cringe... Clothesline, clothesline,body slam, body slam, body slam, body slam,TORTURE RACK! OMG!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
You know what would be a really good idea for Zeke? To be released and do security for some shitty rapper.

Zeke just strikes me as the type of person that's never going to be over regardless of what his gimmick may be. He's terrible in the ring and can't talk so where do you go from there? His impressive look alone doesn't warrant being on TV.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
This sounds ridiculous tbh. He's already established himself as the enforcer type with no personality and/or skill and now you want him walking around with a big stick?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I personally really like Ezekiel Jackson, just thought i'd put that out there.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I think that he won't be pushed even if he has a brilliant gimmick. He's unattractive in the ring, uncharismatic, crowd is not a fan and he's pretty generic.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I actually think he would work better as a reverand. Like Reverand D-Von.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts