Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you think of this great idea I had for Cody Rhodes:

He starts a losing streak, losing to everybody on Smackdown including guys like Johnny Curtis, Darren Young and Derrick Bateman. Then he says he can't continue wrestling because he doesn't have the passion for it and he is not properly motivated like most guys. He says that his dad forced him into wrestling because it's his family legacy and he could use his influence backstage to give him good opportunities. He says that his dream since he was a child was to become a basketball player in the NBA but now he's too old to start a career so he's just going to start using the ring as if it was a basketball court. He tells everybody in the audience that his name from now on will be KOBE RHODES. He starts wearing basketball jerseys, long shorts and sweatbands to the ring and always has a basketball under his arm. He also brings a backboard and a hoop and puts it in the ring post (think pole matches) and shoots jumpers until the babyface comes to stop him. He could even use the basketball as an illegal weapon when the referee is distracted. His entrance would copy NBA players' introductions before games: he'd have a spotlight on him and bunch of guys who look like Sugar Dunkerton high five him while he walks to the ring. And if he got really popular he could have a mascot and a MC telling people to get on their feet and make some noise.

Thoughts????????

·
Registered
582 Posts
So random.:gun:

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Maybe if he grew 6 inches, Basketball players are very tall, Cody Rhodes is only 5'11"-6'0" legit. Also I hate you OP for teasing Scott Steiners return last night on RAW, you don't troll like that! :(

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
What do you think of this great idea I had for Cody Rhodes:

He starts a losing streak, losing to everybody on Smackdown including guys like Johnny Curtis, Darren Young and Derrick Bateman.
That's not a fantastic idea, that's a burial.

And as for the gimmick you suggested, no, it would be a comedy character and Cody is about as un-comedic as they come in WWE.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this gimmick though tbh, just don't give it to somebody who has a promising future, give it to a no hoper like Zeke or Mason.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe if he grew 6 inches, Basketball players are very tall, Cody Rhodes is only 5'11"-6'0" legit. Also I hate you OP for teasing Scott Steiners return last night on RAW, you don't troll like that! :(
Come on man. You know there's 0% of him coming back after his last run in WWE.

·
Registered
557 Posts
AYEM LIVINN GREYTEEST MOMENNT OFF MAYY LAYF RAYT NAOWW.
EVEEN MY WEINER EXPLODE!!!

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Come on man. You know there's 0% of him coming back after his last run in WWE.
I know, I know... I don't really hate you (you're a good poster imo) or thought it was realistic, no worries :p. Wish he never had any arguments with Triple H, he's too great to be left of TV and desperate marks (yup, I'd easily consider myself a mark for him) have desperate hopes. And now we got a ratings killer worse than Orton in Garrett Bischoff taking up airtime that could have led into epic entertainment instead.

But yeah, back on topic. Random idea is random. They should give that gimmick to Titus O Neil and let him pretend he's a pro and showing videos of him how he messes up the simplest throws from near distance or trips all the time. Would work considering he never wins at anything lol.

·
Town Savior
1,805 Posts
I have this brilliant idea too. Shad starts losing to jobbers. Comes back and says his name is Shaq and starts owning up.

Kobe Rhodes and Shaq win the tag titles.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
D Bryan threads have been closed before because there was too much positivity, IWC needs to lighten up bigtime imo. Been on FAN before and every 2nd thread was a comedy troll thread lol, good times.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts