Wrestling Forum banner

Amicable tag team breakups? Tag team breakups that were necessary?

875 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  coopieroLCFC
Look, the Hart Dynasty with Natalya was over. Cryme Tyme was undeniably over.

So now the teams are split and what was the payoff? Tyson Kidd catching an Attitude Adjustment from Hornswoggle? Shad Gaspard getting booked for jaywalking of all things?

In a similar thought, wouldn't you like to see a friendly parting of ways for mutual benefit? One wrestler could be more suited to be U.S. champ while another more suited to beIntercontinental champ so they both go to different brands. However, they are still friends and occasionally help each other out and cut promos with each other.
It would make more sense than always forcing some tension or bad blood breakup that is never established and just leads to a lame "feud" as the payoff.

I guess the line is "We didn't have anything for them to do so we split them"
Well, make some tag teams and have them fight those tag teams. Cryme Tyme could have
interacted with Santino-Kozlov and the Harts should have had an extended feud with the Usos. Now I would not be surprised if Kidd and DH Smith were released the following RAW after Wrestlemania. How is that for something to do, huh?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,860 Posts
What really bothers me is when they start the pre-booking for it. Like they will have a match and lose and then one of them displays heel tendancies and storms off mad. It's a no brainer that the team is breaking up.

· Registered
18,863 Posts
Hart Dynasty and Cryme tyme breaking up were useless. Wouldn't people rather watch a "boring tag match" over a "boring singles match". I'd rather see Cryme Tyme vs Usos for 5 straight weeks over JTG vs Shad for 5 straight weeks.

A team like Miz-Morrison, Edge-Christian breaking up did lots of good. Took awhile after their breakups but eventually those guys had better careers than when in the tag team.

· Registered
1,736 Posts
I can't understand why Vince doesn't like tag team matches, if done correctly tag team matches can be more exciting than singles matches, the hot tag is something that always works. surely Hart Dynasty together is better than DH Smith teaming with Yoshi Tatsu when they have no reason to be together and Tyson jobbing out. rather than have 20 midcarders who appear occasionaly wouldn't it benefit everybody if there were 10 midcarders (5 for US title & 5 for IC title) and 5 tag teams. I miss tag team wrestling in WWE. I always thought with Rey Mysterio's knees playing him up, he could team with Chavo Guerrero and be called Latino Heat (in eddy tribute). I also agree with the original poster, why do all tag teams have to split up in bad terms rather than be happy with each other having solo success?.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In all fairness, that was a criticism of the Harts/Cryme Tyme feud. I thought it was going to change with some FCW guys being brought in as tag teams.

The Usos are an organic tag team with an eye candy sister and originally they were supposed to have Rikishi as a manager. Now its been about a month since they had a tag match. The last thing I remember them doing was some b.s. dance off.

Despite bizarrely being squashed in singles matches about as often as they tagged, if they are not cut from the company they will have a stupid "feud" split. And we all saw how well that worked with the Harts and Cryme Tyme, right?

What a waste! I remember people being excited for the debut and the Usos have done absolutely nothing since.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,268 Posts
the worst would probably be when they split the Dudley's that did jack shit for either one of them then they just ended up back together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.