Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
34,105 Posts
Biker taker is fun and obviously closer to the real Taker than the zombie mortician, but there's something about a 60-year-old biker dude having rap-rock for an entrance theme that is.... off.
Him wearing the Bandana underneath the backwards fitted fits more Rollin as his theme than ABA. Now had he came out with the trench coat and the Bandana then yes ABA would fit more as his theme. Remember the younger crowd would identify more with Limp Bizkit’s Rollin since it was a bigger hit.

· Registered
5,135 Posts
Biker taker is fun and obviously closer to the real Taker than the zombie mortician, but there's something about a 60-year-old biker dude having rap-rock for an entrance theme that is.... off.
Compared to the old guys telling people to get ready to suck it and doing crotch chops, the old man on the motorcycle doesn't seem so off.

· Registered
658 Posts
What I find crazy is apparently kid fucking rock cost less then Limp biscuit when it comes to paying for songs..what the hell is LB asking for that kid rock feels is to much?
I don't think it was "less" in terms of outright money - but Fred Durst wanted to be in video games etc (hence the couple of WWE appearances... a Def Jam, maybe? and the Fight Club game... probably more). Doubt anything will have changed in that regard, and probably too much work to implement for very little reward. Especially vs a straight cash deal for Kid Rock - who I believe is/was a WWE fan?

Remember the younger crowd would identify more with Limp Bizkit’s Rollin since it was a bigger hit.
I don't think any particularly "younger" crowd are going to identify with either song, really.
Unless you're a big fan of either artist specifically, you're likely 30+ &/or were into wrestling ~2000 or into mainstream "rock" of the time......or neither. I'd imagine only a small % of 20 somethings are overly familiar with either song..... Although I don't disagree, Rollin' was probably more popular around the time.

FWIW, I preferred "you're gonna pay" more than the others at the time - although I guess that was more 'Big Evil' than ABA

· I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
34,105 Posts
I don't think any particularly "younger" crowd are going to identify with either song, really.
Unless you're a big fan of either artist specifically, you're likely 30+ &/or were into wrestling ~2000 or into mainstream "rock" of the time......or neither. I'd imagine only a small % of 20 somethings are overly familiar with either song..... Although I don't disagree, Rollin' was probably more popular around the time.
I’m sure Rollin is on TikTok and the younger generation of today who are fans of Eminem heard rollin because Eminem did a mock of it in a diss song called girls

· Distant Relative of Former Def Jam President
18,456 Posts
Rollin' was probably more popular around the time.

FWIW, I preferred "you're gonna pay" more than the others at the time - although I guess that was more 'Big Evil' than ABA

· Registered
271 Posts
My bad, looks like he really did come out as ABA again. Not that I was against it, I just thought he would have retired the persona and would just be himself
I kinda believed that the ABA Taker was him being himself

For the record, the Undertaker isn't retired. He simply isn't an active pro wrestler right now that fans should expect to ever wrestle.

If Taker were really retired, he'd have cut his hair short like Kevin Nash did

21 - 37 of 37 Posts