Wrestling Forum banner

How many times do you see Ambrose winning the title?

• Once

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Multiple Times

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Never

Votes: 11 19.0%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of favorites on the roster, but my number one at the top is Ambrose. Like a couple of other Ambrose fans, I also wish he would tone down the "Lunatic Fringe" stuff and go back to how he was in The Shield, or even his Moxley persona. Excentricities aside, he's just a bad-ass dude.

When it comes to the WWEWHC, do you ever see him winning it at least once? How about multiple times? Or maybe not at all?

I've read some posts here where some guys said he won't get far 'cause McMahon doesn't like his face, receding hair-line, etc. I'd like to think Vince isn't THAT stupid that he won't have Ambrose win at some point, y'know?

·
Registered
151 Posts
At the moment Ambrose is easily in the top 3 or 4 most entertaining guys out there and I think he should first get a few IC title wins but in the next 2 years I see him becoming a Macho Man or Ric Flair.
Thanks for reading

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
At this point it is too early to tell. With Ambrose i feel there is a big star bursting to get out and show the world what he can do. I also feel if he was given the chance to fully shine then he could take off massively with the fans but i am still not 100% convinced with him.

People pleaded for him to be unstable and have an edgy gimmick and he got it to an extent and his weird styled promos bombed big time.

He should be built up in the midcard first of all (just like Reigns should be). GIven him a legit midcard title run where he actually defends the belt this time and let him drum up interest and let's see how the live crowds react to him.

If he is doing the merch numbers as is being reported on here it surely won't be long before he gets his chance. I hope for his sake he graps it with both hands.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
He'll never win it. Not even a chance. Vince doesn't like him, and even if Vince would've given him the title with 2 world titles around, with 1 world title, very few people in the future will ever see a single WWE Championship. At the moment, Roman Reigns is the only guy on the roster who hasn't won it that will get it. Other than him, it's just former champions that are winning it from here on out. I don't even buy for a SECOND that they're high enough on Bray Wyatt to give it to him, and he wins 99% of his matches and is facing Cena and Undertaker in his first 2 WrestleMania matches. Contrast that to Ambrose who is in IC title hell that has killed every career of anybody who's touched that belt dating back years and hasn't won a PPV match since Night of Champions 2013.

I would give Ambrose, I would say, maybe a 5% higher chance of winning than Adam Rose.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Multiple times. Not hard to see why he wouldn't.
Agreed here, and actually in this whole ME scene mess we have right now in the WWE, Ambrose staying out of it is the best thing that could've happened to him to be honest.

When the dust settles from the Bryan, Reigns, Rollins whirlwind , in true WWE fashion 2 of the 3 will be completely pushed down to make one look superior, leaving Ambrose and Wyatt the next 2 in line to be elevated.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I think he wins the title at least once. I dunno if he wins it multiple times, but I reckon he'll get it eventually.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think eventually he will but not for a while. As a huge Dean Ambrose fan I think he should take his time. I personally think he is still trying to find himself as a singles guy in wwe. People are probably thinking this should have happened by now but I think it may take longer for some others. I also want to see his full journey to the top and not just hotshoted to the top. We have seen that with so many people and it never really pays off for them. I personally want to see all of his struggles and successes because in the end we could all look back on this and appreciate all the hard work he put in to get to the top and be happy to see his big payoff in the end.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,347 Posts
I still think Wyatt will win it, just a matter of time. Ambrose, not really sure. They don't seem to give a shit about him, at least not past a midcard level. He traipses out on Raw and gets excited over an IC title? Yeah, his character is fucked. I will save my false hope for Sandow, who at least seems to be getting more air time and MIGHT be on the verge of a decent push. Ambrose just seems to be going further down as he goes on. At least with Rollins and Wyatt, he main evented Raw and Smackdown and even a ppv here and there. Fighting for a dead midcard belt puts him below even a Divas match.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
It honestly should be a regular rotation between a few guys for the next several years and definitely Ambrose should be on that list. The guy was more over than the golden boy Reigns was before they kept derailing him by having him lose every feud since the Shield broke up

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I think eventually he will but not for a while. As a huge Dean Ambrose fan I think he should take his time. I personally think he is still trying to find himself as a singles guy in wwe. People are probably thinking this should have happened by now but I think it may take longer for some others. I also want to see his full journey to the top and not just hotshoted to the top. We have seen that with so many people and it never really pays off for them. I personally want to see all of his struggles and successes because in the end we could all look back on this and appreciate all the hard work he put in to get to the top and be happy to see his big payoff in the end.
It DID. In fact, he knew who he was quicker than the other two. Reigns still doesn't know, the useless shit.

It's not his fault Vince looked at his face, barfed, turned him into a comedy character and made him lose a years worth of PPV matches while he pushed the other two to the moon.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know in the fall he probably did but I think right now he's still trying to figure stuff out again because what I'm seeing right now,he is kind of starting to go back to the more serious Ambrose we had after the shield broke up. That what I picked up from his promos the last few weeks. His promos have gotten better by the way since the rumble.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I know in the fall he probably did but I think right now he's still trying to figure stuff out again because what I'm seeing right now,he is kind of starting to go back to the more serious Ambrose we had after the shield broke up. That what I picked up from his promos the last few weeks. His promos have gotten better by the way since the rumble.
You mean now that he's a midcarder and not in the main event, Vince McMahon isn't paying attention to his storylines, so he's trying to repair the damage that the idiot did to his character. It has nothing to do with Dean "trying to find himself as a singles guy". Other than Paul Heyman, Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan, there isn't a person on that roster who understands what their character is better than Dean Ambrose.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You mean now that he's a midcarder and not in the main event, Vince McMahon isn't paying attention to his storylines, so he's trying to repair the damage that the idiot did to his character. It has nothing to do with Dean "trying to find himself as a singles guy". Other than Paul Heyman, Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan, there isn't a person on that roster who understands what their character is better than Dean Ambrose.
Yeah sure I guess but I just said finding himself because that what I thought I was seeing. I'm probably wrong but that's just what I thought. Maybe if Ambrose is in the midcard now and probably has more control of his character then he does in the main event scene, people may like his character again. Idk I'm probably wrong again.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
He's likely to be a mid-carder most of his career, but there's a chance he can win the title eventually.. It won't happen any time soon, there's way too many people above Ambrose right now.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well we have Cena, Rollins, Roman, Daniel Bryan, Wyatt, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Rock and or Orton win the title at least one more time

So I wouldn't be shocked if he never won it though I'll say he becomes a 8 time champion

The guy has a lot of talent and is easily the most talented and entertaining member of the Shield why people don't see this is a mystery to me ?

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Well we have Cena, Rollins, Roman, Daniel Bryan, Wyatt, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Rock and or Orton win the title at least one more time

So I wouldn't be shocked if he never won it though I'll say he becomes a 8 time champion

The guy has a lot of talent and is easily the most talented and entertaining member of the Shield why people don't see this is a mystery to me ?
Because he's being buried. People saw it when they split and the group was on a more even level credibility wise. This is a common occurrence on these forums. If he ever does win the WWE title, or even gets a bunch of high profile wins, there will be numerous former haters talking about how much he's "improved", when he really did nothing except take an opportunity that he wasn't getting prior.

If you go back to when The Shield split, the general consensus was the correct consensus, that Ambrose was the most talented member of the group, and then he lost and lost and lost and lost, and Vince gave him horrendous material and turned him into a caricature, and people lost interest.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.