-Serious kingpin Ambrose persona
-Only dud here was the match, and that's more of Zigglers bland fault

3. Styles
-Good feud
-Good match
-Good promos

The only 2 reasons why people think his run was a dud:

1. Styles overshadowed Ambrose
-but who wasn't? Styles was on his best form. Ambrose was still great, he did his best.

2. Ambrose's SCSA podcast dud
-that was NOT in a WWE promo
-fuck Stone Cold

I believe he did much better than everyone takes him credit for. His run was better than Owens', Rollins', fuckin Goldberg's, fuckin Orton's, etc.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
He's not had a good run with any belt imo :shrug

The US run was aids & held it farrrr too long treating it as some sort of prop

The IC runs were/are very forgettable

His E reign also was forgettable & AJ coming along & winning was a relief. He only won the Shield triple threat cause Reigns wasn't gonna be rewarded after being suspended & Rollins just lost the belt. I'm probably being a little harsh but that's how I see it :shrug

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I like his title reign before brand split. Guy pinned Roman at Battleground & then Seth too if I'm right.

But sucked when he came to SDL.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
He was a really good WWE Champion especially when you compare him to the Champions we've had since AJ Styles and I do think his title reign was underrated (even though I don't see many people bashing his reign) but I think with Ambrose, the reason he's getting hated quite a bit these days is because he seems less motivated than when he was Champion. He's been IC Champ for some time now and he's done pretty much NOTHING with the belt after The Miz worked so hard to make it a must see title. Ambrose, when motivated can be one of the companies best, but when he isn't motivated, there isn't that much too him.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You should not compare Dean's reign where he got 30 minutes matches on every pay per view to Orton who competed in a 10 minutes slideshow,house of horrors crap and carried a career jobber to his best match and put him over.
If you wanna compare to Orton why not Orton's 2009 2011 2014 title run you asshole.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
You should not compare Dean's reign where he got 30 minutes matches on every pay per view to Orton who competed in a 10 minutes slideshow,house of horrors crap and carried a career jobber to his best match and put him over.
If you wanna compare to Orton why not Orton's 2009 2011 2014 title run you asshole.
:lmao calm down

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
I personally liked Ambrose's run.

I wasn't expecting them to have Ambrose win the Shield Triple Threat considering the rumor at the time was Cena/Styles would wrestle at Summerslam for Smackdown's new World Title.

I thought his feud with Ziggler was brilliant, with Ambrose being the cocky champion, unfortunately the match didn't deliver. The freight train that was AJ Styles came through and ended his run too early, but the feud between him Styles and Cena heading into No Mercy was another great period for Smackdown.

It wasn't a dud but it wasn't the greatest championship run of the last decade either.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,800 Posts
It was okay but nothing memorable. Had he had a longer reign and a better opponent than Ziggler, it would have been much better. Either way, I didn't mind seeing AJ win it when he did. Even with the Ellsworth stuff, Styles had a much better reign.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
He had one bad moment and that was the Summerslam match against Ziggler.

But, looking back on it, he got a great reaction when he won the title, had great matches with Rollins, Rollins & Reigns, and Styles when he lost the title. He has some really good promos especially against Ziggler.

He's my #1 guy, but I'm not going to say it was a great reign. But was it as bad as people make it out to be? Not in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts