Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick.

The article isn't about WWE selling the network, but about selling streaming rights to PPVs. So Amazon would buy the rights to live stream a certain amount of PPVs per year, a bit like they already do with multiple sports already Inc. Tennis, Football/Soccer and others.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No way hunter and steph are letting go of the company! I would be pretty dirty if i was them , dedicating your life to the company for old man vince to sell it to a outsider. Dont think thats sometbing Vince would ever want to do tho! Especially qhen he has ready made replacements in the family to keep his legacy alive

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
im sure Vince would entertain selling streaming rights but he'll never sell the company itself

·
Registered
923 Posts
No way hunter and steph are letting go of the company! I would be pretty dirty if i was them , dedicating your life to the company for old man vince to sell it to a outsider. Dont think thats sometbing Vince would ever want to do tho! Especially qhen he has ready made replacements in the family to keep his legacy alive
I don't see Vince McMahon as someone who would think like that; I think he's more likely to think "This company won't be able to survive without me."

I'm not saying it's going to happen because at the end of the day I think all of his family members will talk him out of it, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he wanted to sell before he passed because he thinks the value of the company will sink when he's gone. And in some ways, he's probably right. The stock drop the day he dies is going to be massive. Probably somewhere near 40%.

·
HEADBANGA
21,720 Posts
If WWE Network goes over to Amazon, that'd be great for me so I don't have to pay extra for the network and just use my Prime subscription to watch WWE. The idea of Amazon buying out WWE one day would be interesting but I doubt the McMahons would ever sell their family business.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If WWE Network goes over to Amazon, that'd be great for me so I don't have to pay extra for the network and just use my Prime subscription to watch WWE. The idea of Amazon buying out WWE one day would be interesting but I doubt the McMahons would ever sell their family business.
I hope it goes on to Amazon Prime save me money unless they charge extra been reading on websites if they true amazon in talks with WWE to show whole network or big 4 ppvs or all ppvs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Vince could very well sell the company. Triple H and Stephanie are millionaires and executives, but they are not entitled to just be handed Vince McMahon's stake. They'd probably have to pool their resources and buy more from him. They'll be influential whatever direction the company takes.

Selling the rights to PPV is a fucking brilliant idea though. Whether it's streaming services or network TV -- both are going to make WWE a lot of revenue and it could open up the doors to new fans -- should the product not absolutely suck, lol.

Amazon Prime has 150 million subscribers all over the world. To really die on the hill of having your own OTT service? It's not wise. People see them as the future, but they don't really understand the industry of them. At some point there is going to need to be a consolidation of them, and they will become like channels on a cable subscription. The WWE will just become a "channel" of someone else's giant service. And that's not a bad thing.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts