Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually,I have a problem with the storyline that happens.I'm not in it,I don't find them awesome.It's not like I was like "Faster,faster,I want to know what is going to happen.I can't wait" but I am more "So,what is going to happen tonight ?"

WWE Title : AJ is interesting,I seriously doesn't what she wants to do and I like this but after ? AJ could maybe not even be in the match.What about the Triple Threat ? What about Daniel Bryan and CM Punk ? You could thing like a attack in backstage but show that they hate eachother damnit.Show that they are ready to kill eachother for the title.What about have clip of Bryan and CM Punk in the indys to show that they are pretty the same.So of course AJ is popular now,she is the only interested thing in the WWE title rivalry.

US Title : I think I don't even need to talk about it ? If I wasn't a WWE fan,I wouldn't even know that there is a US Title.Put the title on someone like Curt Hawkins or Tensai.The creative team had NO IDEA of how use the Santino character for a rivalry.

Big SHow vs Cena : Last year,at the same time,we have exactly the same thing.R-Truth vs John Cena.So,what was good with R-Truth heel turn.That was fresh,that was a totally new character we never see before.That was logic,when R-Truth finally got a Main-Event shot,he got screw by his best friend and so,became crazy and obsessed with the fact that nobody like him.And they also give one of the worst match I have ever seen ... and what about Big SHow so ? Well that's simple,that make totally no sense.This is like they doesn't know what to do next for John Cena and so,they have put him against Big Show.The story make totally no sense.If they wanted a monster,they could have choose Lord Tensai but Big Show,seriously ? Is it fresh ? No.Totally not.What Big Show do ? He buried the young guy.You know,guy like Ryder,Kingston,Riley who could been huge.He destroy the tag team champions and a guy who is invincible like if that was the most easy thing.And on the other side,we have John Cena.I love the build-up,Cena is going to face a monster and what did he do ? He have fun by bullying Michael Cole ? What's that bullshit ? This is a weekly.The end of the show should says to you "Oh my god,What did just happened ? I can't wait until next week".After seeing the Michael Cole vs John Cena,I didn't wanted to see what ws going to happened next.

ALberto Del Rio vs Sheamus : Seriously,they have a rivalry ? This is not intense ? This is stupid,Alberto Del Rio is a rich man and what did he do ? He show Ricardo as Sheamus to make fun of him ? That was entertaining but absolutely not intense.What about have Alberto trying to embarasse Sheamus by pay his own family to says to Sheamus that he his a shame for them or using the car to destroying Sheamus arm ?

Ryback/Antonio Cesaro : They have potential ? Yes.Can they be the future of the WWE ? Yes.Are they entertaining ? No.You don't understand what I mean ? Watch Damien Sandow.He is not just a guy who beat people.He have a character,he have a personnality.Antonio and Ryback to the same thing,they are people who destroy other,that's all.They should take the mic just one time to say who they are but for the moment,I can't see any interest in them.They are not unique.

Cody Rhodes vs Christian : Thanks to the peep show this week,that have probably make it the best rivalry right now.They have show that they hate eachother,that they were ready to beat the other for the title.That's exactly what I want to see

So,what did you think of the storyline right now ? Did you like them and think the actual product is great or are you dissapointing ?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Re: Am I the only who a problem with the storylines right now ?

great post, i agree with everything you said. They are not even trying to make the world title feuds intense and exciting.

·
Best there ever will be..
4,221 Posts

Rhodes/Christian seems to have better build than every storyline outside of Bryan/AJ. Problem is WWE seems to want to build feuds too often in the ring with random matches and hope it takes off. More promo time is needed for the various storylines to pick up. Look how well Rhodes/Christian is going, they really did well to make it personal on Smackdown through the promo. Before that it seemed like a thrown together feud. Punk's promos lately have been more about Johnny/AJ than about the match coming up, it's no wonder that which way AJ goes is the biggest storyline in that match.

WWE seems to not have any direction or logic in their feuds. Make a logical reason why these opponents want to face each other and you have your promo content right there. Let them sell it. Having multiple DQ matches between the upcoming opponents only brings the anticipation down, if anything. Make the audience BEG to see these guys face off, not see them face off three times only to just want to get to an ending. Too often the current roster is claimed to be void of charisma or mic skills, yet these guys never have time to prove or disprove that.

The biggest problem of all: Too much time wrapped up into Cena feuds. Cena's current storyline is continually closing shows, taking up intros a lot of the time and to top it off has constant recapping on both RAW and Smackdown. So much is pushed into Cena it leaves every other storyline fighting for scraps of time.

·
Registered
194 Posts

WWE Creative is the weakest I can remember it ever being, they completely lack promo skills and the roster is being wasted. You only get a serious storyline if you're John Cena or maaaybe a title holder. The rest rotate between short, laughable storylines or just random matches every week. It's a terrible format and makes no sense. Even if the roster is as weak at promos as they claim, the only way to improve that is by giving them classes, good writing and most importantly, time to air their voice.

I have to agree with OP that the storylines are absolutely terrible and as much as I love the Bryan/Punk feud, they've made no attempt to develop the huge potential rivalry boiling between them. Coming from the same roots, they are very similar personalities and yet they seem like complete antitheses of each other. They're like estranged brothers and there's every opportunity to capitalize on this. Both are Indie wrestlers, both have known each other since forever, one's a Vegan and one's a Straight Edge, but while one is the WWE's second biggest babyface, the other is is the very definition of an assholish heel. They're of similar size and both have a diverse wrestling arsenal and it's obvious they synch well. There's so many opportunities to turn this into one of the biggest rivalries they've had, if they were willing to put the effort in.

Unfortunately, WWE Creative drops the ball on not just this, but many other matters. It's clear they have no idea what they're doing and they only chance upon a good story every now and then, giving us the false hope that they'll make the story better. Something needs to change...there's no reason why most of the matches we see actually take place, there are no serious feuds and their definition of spicing things up seems to be 'Tag Team Match, Playa'...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nice to see that the majority agree with me.Also,I have noticed a other with the Big Show.He became a monster when we are full of monster.We have Tensai,Ryback,Brodus Vlay so I think that this was the bad moment to make him a monster because this is less impressive

"The biggest problem of all: Too much time wrapped up into Cena feuds. Cena's current storyline is continually closing shows, taking up intros a lot of the time and to top it off has constant recapping on both RAW and Smackdown. So much is pushed into Cena it leaves every other storyline fighting for scraps of time."

That's a other thing I don't very like.Cena is the face of the WWE,that's good but it's really strange but it's like the WWE is afraid of making him look weak.For example,in the beginning of the year,we have Cena who kiss Eve.That could have been great to see.A Cena more human who can also make mistakes but no,he go on the ring and trash Eve who cry ... you don't know.Plus,that have making Eve really stupid because the next week,she was saying things like mans should blame themselves for there weaknesses,I was like "Why you don't say that to Cena idiot ?".And after,he loses to Rock,we could have a Cena blame by the entire roster because he choose to defend them against the Rock and he loses.But no and ... I can understand,you have Lesnar who came.So,Lesnar loses ... I can understand too but Cena doesn't have to looks weak so he talk to Chicago ??? Seriously,if my arm was broken,I would just go back to backstage and because Cena was showing too weak,we make him humiliates the most hated people in the WWE.The WWE seems to have a real problem with making Cena weak or more human.

During one moment,I same thought that Mcgillicuty vs Tyson Kidd on NXT was the most enjoyable rivalry in the WWE ...

·
Banned
178 Posts

Tell me about it I agree with everything you have said. Been watching wrestling for 13 years and this is the worst I have seen it the only good thing and the reason why i made an appreciation thread for her is AJ she is the only good thing about WWE her and Daniel Bryan. Cm Punk's character is stale now I want him to go back to being a tweener or a heel, people like Ziggler and Rhodes future world champions are going nowhere at the moment and also AJ is awesome but her because WWE is fucking PG her crazy character has to be held back. If WWE was TV 14 again everything would be fine there would not have to be any limit to what cretin characters would do and people like Cm Punk and AJ would benefit greatly from that.Also their wouldn't be any kid characters like Hornswoggle and Brodus Clay, Dean Ambrose could do anything he wanted to if WWE was TV14. This the wrong era for people like AJ,CM Punk,Dean Ambrose and Daniel Bryan this are superstars who should have been in the attitude era instead of the shit era we are in now.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The PG isn't a problem.This is just a excuse for the WWE but in fact,it's not.The real problem are the character,the storyline,the prestige of the different title,have a midcard,tag team and divas division interesting like this,everybody can enjoy the product.But to make it interesting,what you have to do is improve the product,not go back to TV-14.That will change nothing.
And I have no problem with Brodus Clay.In 2000,we still have too cool no ? And for Hornswoggle,well,Eugene was better

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

I have also two other problem with the storyline.

1) The variety : What is good in a company like the WWE is that they have wrestlers for everything BUT they just have time for the Main-Event.I think they should give time for everybody.If I don't like the Main-Event,I should have a storyline for the midcard that could captivate the fans.If I love high-flying,well,I should have a storyline with guys like Sin Cara.If I like tag teams or the women's division,well I should have it.Now that there have two brands for the PPV,there is NO excuse.Every match on the card should have a storyline.The storyline can be bullshit but they every match should have at least one and every wrestling fan should have something that captivate him

2) The face and the heel : I think they are too much the same.There is one thing that I hate,this is that if someone is brave as a face,he will be a coward as a heel.If he is a giant,well,you don't know why but he will be stronger.Did you know why Henry was a good heel ? Because he was a real monster.He was the guy that make you feel in danger.The guy who scared you because you know that he will destroy your favorite wrestler.You need to have a strong heel,someone that can beat the face easily.It's alright to have coward but on the other hand,you also need heel who can beat up everyone.And the same for the face,they are too much nice.We need badass,like Sheamus was in his first match against Del Rio at Smackdown.The ref DQ him,well he destroy him.This is the kind of face I like.The guy who can be nice but who will destroy you if try to screw him.And for the heelI think they aren't that vicious,that dangerous.When you have Ricardo who came up as Sheamus,it's funny and everything but that doesn't looks like it could hurt Sheamus.When Dibiase put one dollar in the mouth of the opponent,well,I have seriously hate him more that I have ever hating Alberto Del Rio since his return.I think the last good heel for me was Daniel Bryan,when he was treated like shit AJ and use her to hurt Big Show or when in the chamber,he was mocking Big SHow or Santino,I have seriously hating him.This is how more people need to be.Jericho for exemple,during a match of CM Punk,Jericho should have been showed on the titantron and he should have forced CM Punk's sister to drink with a mad CM Punk on the ring

·
Registered
8,189 Posts

I agree with the OP big time, I do have a few points though:

1. Rhodes/Christian feud should've had some build up before a title change, Rhodes was close to becoming the longest reigning IC title holder, they should've let him have it, then drop it to Christian so after the feud is done he can move into the heavyweight division. Good feud by today's standards, but it's still kind of lacking. Beyond these two guys, there's nobody else in the division really which sucks because the IC belt used to have legendary feuds.

2. Mixing Kane in with DB and CM Punk just seems retarded... this guy had this big heel turn 4 months ago and now he's trying to be a face again? I almost feel bad for Kane, seems like a nice guy and doesn't politic, that's probably why he's never had a really meaningful run with the world title. That being said, they had a bunch of DB vs CM Punk matches before wrestlemania, while i love this feud, it's going to be played out worse than the Rock vs HHH. Punk doesn't have any contenders after DB really, I think they'll probably go with DB winning the belt based off of this (with AJ interference).

3. The tag titles are a disgrace, when you have 2 guys routinely get their asses kicked by the Big Show, nobody is going to care about them as a team. They have no real contenders here either, the WWE is really killing their tag divison.

4. US belt should've stayed with Zack Ryder in my opinion, while Santino has comedy, he makes the belt look like a massive joke, and he was over long before he had the belt, at least with Ryder it solidifies somewhat... until they had him get beaten down by Kane over and over. The only guy that really is a contender for this belt is Jack Swagger.... which says it all.

It seems like the WWE just doesn't know how to make feuds anymore, unless they are writing for John Cena.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the reply

1) I never said that was the perfect build-up but actually,that's a good midcard rivalry.That's good enough to interesting me.Now,we will see what is going to happen.I seriously hope this rivalry is going to be more and more intense.

2) No,have Kane here is logic.First of all,it seems that the WWE want to make more Daniel Bryan and CM Punk but if they are always alone in the title picture,no matter how good they are,at one moment,the people will be tired.Plus,Kane is a big man so that will make the Triple Threat interesting I think
On the other side,at Over The Limit,CM Punk taped out after the pinfall so have a other CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan would have make more sense.I think Bryan should have be more like this.More like "CM Punk is a coward who have to cheat to beat me.Everytime I face him on the ring,he can't beat me.I am the real Best In The World because unlike him,I never taped out.I make the other taped out"

3) Well,you have said the principal problem.Who are the champion ? Why are they champion ? When they have become champion ? Why are they together ? Seriously,they doesn't looks like champions.They have no rivals,they never talk.

4) Well,the problem with Santino is that he sucks on the ring.I have never see him give a good match because of him.This is the heel who do all the work.And yes,Ryder should have been US Champion because he is a one of the most popular wrestler in wrestling.Well he was,before they move the show to WWEFanation and make Eve and Kane humiliates.People like to cheer for the underdog yes but they will never cheer for a looser ...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had to admit that the WWE is better now. Not very good but still better. What a horrible year that was

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, I think they are at least on the right track. Everything isn't "clicking" yet, and a lot of work still has to be done to maintain their betterment product, but at least they seem to have their act together. They just gotta keep it up and NOT PANIC for once and change everything again. Just keep building:

-Let the audience get to know some of these tag teams. what are they all about? what moves/chemistry do they have? Kane/DB are both great, but it's clear that they are the transition title holders while WWE builds their division. So, they better hurry up and build so that it can flourish.

-The booking has been better, I admit. They're doing something different with the WWE title picture, Cena/Ziggler is fantastic. There are still some big problems here though. First, WWE needs to be even more consistent in their booking in relation to storylines, and by that I mean create a story arch that has a culminating match at a PPV, not on Raw. A big match every now and then is much needed, but I swear I saw two or three 4* matches on Raw this past week, which was more than what was on the last PPV. This needs to change: give us something to purchase the PPV for (and please lower the price)!

-Keep allowing the talents to have mic time. Exposure is a good thing for the consumer, as we can weed out the talent from the BS

-Keep up with the mid card feuds

-Give the wrestlers a stronger reason to wrestle each other. Emotion can add a whole layer to a building feud.

-Oh, and QUIT IT WITH THE FU#@*(G CAMERA ANGLE CUTS EVERY 5 SECONDS!!

Just some of my observations.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I still find that their overall product lacks a hook to their shows, they've been somewhat consistent I'll give them that but nothing really in terms of shock interest the past couple of months.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

ive noticed for the better part of 10 years now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts