Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I get it, it's the biggest storyline of the PG Era. But it's boring seeing the same thing each and every week. Them ganging up on a person and then to make it even worse when they gang up on the person they do the same attack every time.

1. They stomp all over them with the person trying to fight back but the numbers are too much
2. Skip Sheffield hits his version of the Clothesline From Hell
3. David Otunga hits his spinebuster
4. Either Wade Barrett hits the Wasteland or Gabriel hits the 450 or both

Everyone in the group sucks except Tarver & Barrett and maybe Sheffield. People are comparing them to the nWo but the Nexus are no where near the level of Evolution let alone the nWo.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
It's easy to find things to bitch about with this storyline...but I won't, because I appreciate that it's the only thing about WWE that remotely interests me at the moment.

And, as it turns out, it really is quite interesting. It's returned that lost feeling of unpredictability that made Raw so special for so many years.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Yes it's very overrated. When you only have two talented wrestlers in the group(Barrett and Gabriel) It really makes you reconsider marking when the whole group fucks Cena up.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's easy to find things to bitch about with this storyline...but I won't, because I appreciate that it's the only thing about WWE that remotely interests me at the moment.

And, as it turns out, it really is quite interesting. It's returned that lost feeling of unpredictability that made Raw so special for so many years.
But it's not unpredictable, it's the same shit every week. They attack somebody and gang up on them, maybe somebody will come to help, maybe not. It is one of the reasons I watch RAW to see if they do something interesting or the same old shit.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who exactly is comparing them to the nWo?
A lot of Nexus/Wade Barrett marks that I know are saying that this is the best stable storyline since the nWo and constantly compare them to the nWo.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Please point me to something that's better at the moment, ill rep :)

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
But it's not unpredictable, it's the same shit every week. They attack somebody and gang up on them, maybe somebody will come to help, maybe not. It is one of the reasons I watch RAW to see if they do something interesting or the same old shit.
It's unpredictable because we don't know why they're doing it.

I know "long term booking" is becoming a foreign concept to people, but I promise you, it's worth it. The payoffs are much more rewarding.

Anyone who in 1997 spent six months saying "this Undertaker/Kane storyline is stupid because all they do is talk about it and he never shows up" certainly ended up eating their words at the end.

Not to say this angle is going to touch that one...frankly, I'll be surprised if WWE doesn't botch it like they botch everything else. But I'll cheerfully give it a chance because at least they're taking a risk with something new.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
A lot of Nexus/Wade Barrett marks that I know are saying that this is the best stable storyline since the nWo and constantly compare them to the nWo.
No, there is absolutely no comparison to the greatness that was the original nWo and Nexus. Nexus is miles behind. While yes, this is a good storyline for today's modern PG era, there will never be anything like the nWo.

And it's been a month. The storyline is just barely starting, give it a chance.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm not particularly interested, but it's only been a month so I'm willing to give it time. They're not bad enough to get me to turn the TV off so that's something...I vaguely remember long term booking so I'm happy to see where it goes before judging.
The nWo comparisons are hilarious though. Not even close kids.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The unpredictable complaint is fair but I believe WWE is pacing it right. Look at the history of wrestling pretty Nexus is doing everything according to normal plan, beat people up to build rep that they can't be stop. The majority of the time a twist happens only when PPV happens and not on regular TV. The reality is MITB will only be the second ppv that they would be involved in. Ask TNA what happens to fanbase if you keep doing twist after twist on TV, fans get desensitized from it.
There is still a lot of things untapped storyline in Nexus, One whomever the higher power is, and second the implication when they win a belt. I think the rest of Nexus will get the spotlight as they go after their own titles, because right now it is only a battle between Barett vs Cena.
As for the overrated, I bet you right now if the Rock is the "higher power" of Nexus everyone would immediately declare this group one of the best ever.

·
Registered
603 Posts
NXT sucks without Daniel Bryan! That was going to be the interesting part of it all. Now we have these ROIDED up guys ready to explode (especially the bald one). Only good ones are the leader, black guy (only cause he looks like Cena), the handkerchief gimmick guy (only cause the handkerchie chief) and the guy that does that spinning splash (only cause he does the spinning splash).

If Triple Crap returns as the leader. Might as well release them all now.

·
Career Ender!
422 Posts
ROFL Taking steroids really? only two people in there big enough are Otunga and Sheffield, I highly doubt they're taking roids with the way WWE are cracking down over past few years.

My opinion on NXT atm is, they have been the most interesting and fresh thing to happen in WWE for years, I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it, it has only been a fucking month, you guys want it to turn into TNA where they have twist after twist? It makes it to hard to keep up with and it doesn't follow a story line, this one is being built up right, the leader of NXT will be reviled soon and all will be well.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
The Nexus angle is overrated IMO in the sense that it is just a good (not great) hostile take over angle and no where near the masterpiece that some claim it to be. Other than that, some weeks I enjoy it and others I do not. I am however hoping for a War Games match between The Nexus and WWE at some point in the future though.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The whole point of the story is that they are using a gang mentality to get what they want. Yeah they've not done anything too interesting or controversial since smashing Bret up in a limo, but to me it's still the main reason I am tuning into Raw just now.

Barrett has a great future infront of him, and the angle is worth watching just to see his progression imo.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No.

It's not the greatest thing in the world, but if it wasn't for Nexus, we would be getting awful 20 minute guest host segments, and shitty comedy that we got last summer.

Instead of Jeremy Piven, Shaq, and Seth Green in the main event, we actually have wrestlers, so I can't complain.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Well... IMO, It IS the greatest thing that's happening in wrestling right now, so of course it'll be overrated. The same applies for wrestlers, too. Take Orton for example. An incredible wrestler that is hitting his peak right now. He's doing so good that some people are already claiming that he can be the greatest of all time. Again, overrated, but there's no doubt that he's performing amazingly right now. Overrated is such a disgusting term...

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
A month in and it's stale, repetetive & boring? Give me a break.

If it wasn't happening, there'd be just something else to complain about, & how else could you see the first crop of NXT guys debuting on the main roster? Invasion style where we "forget" they were apparently banished?

This is interesting.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
It started off fantastically well, I don't think that the follow ups have been great but it is still very interesting and is obviously a long term storyline.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts