Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When his music hits i'm bored, when he appears i'm bored, apart from a few spots, i'm bored. He's a slightly taller Rey Mysterio tbh

Yet i've seen a few threads mentioning him as a Royal Rumble winner?!

So many deserve this title ahead of him

Rant over

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
After Kofi lost all of his momentum after his feud with Randy Orton I kind of stop caring for him since then. Now he is back where he started from by winning and going after the Intercontinental Championship. Kofi was just touching the glass ceiling of the main event platform with his great feud with Orton but he didn't break it. So he is now being reduced to jobbing and being owned by Dolph Ziggler.

and I also notice he was tagging with NXT 2 winner Kaval who is getting dominated each week.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I'm not a fan but I certainly don't dislike him, he had some good matches with Drew especially the one at F4W. He's also got one of the more better theme tunes in the company right now.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Some of you guys are too hard to please. I like Kofi, he's not 'boring' IMO.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
If WWE get behind Kofi he could be huge because he has the support of the fans and it hasn't been forced at all. They just like him. Hoepfully heading into the Rumble they give him a solid build. If he doesn't win it he should have a really good showing at least.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
He's unique, different style, I like his ring work. Hell he even holds the mic a different way than all the others, and while he's not the best on the mic, he's not bad at all.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think he's an incredibly talented athlete but not a great professional wrestler. His moves are pretty mundane; the only thing exciting about him is his vertical leap, and that only takes you so far. He's never been given much mic time, and when he has, nothing impressed me. I just don't really buy into the theatrics of the Boom Drop, the Trouble in Paradise is a pretty lame finisher, and he doesn't have that many moves to comment outside of those and the ranhei.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
i became a fan during his feud with orton. sure he got pushed back down at the end of that feud, but he really showed that he isn't one-dimensional character. he showed potential on the mic, as a serious character adna happy go lucky character. he's exciting in ring and he is just crazy charismatic.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
How can you not "get" him? That's like saying you don't "get" clouds. It's not that complicated.

Kofi is a gem. He's highly athletic, very charismatic, an improving talker, has the look, and - biggest of all - he's totally over. Plus, his African background makes for a very compelling story if and when he makes his title push.

·
Asuka
96,380 Posts
He's a very good talent but I just can't care about him. Maybe because he never gets time to develop his character, but something's missing. He's fairly good at everything but it's just not lining up for me. I guess it's like when CM Punk was a face. He was really good but he was still boring because he never got to do a fucking thing. I wouldn't say Kofi's boring, exactly, but he's just 'there" right now.

He's main event level over, though, so I'm baffled why they haven't given him a world title push. It makes no fucking sense that WWE's system can shit out smelly turds like Jack Swagger and Randy Orton and give them world titles with a snap of their fingers, but they can't do it with a guy who actually got over on his own.

Actually, that's probably it. He did it on his own, Vince didn't make him main event level, he did.

·
Cream of the Crop!
123 Posts
you sir, are not alone.

I usually fast forward or change the channel when he's on. I hate what they have done to his gimmick. He's in gimmick purgatory right now. Is he Jamacian? African? African American? I mean, come on. They should have kept his purely Jamacian gimmick. At least then there was no confusion.

On top of that, he tends to botch too often in the ring, his finisher is boring, and the way he is booked is terrible. He has the same matches week after week.

However, he is decent on the mic, but not great. I think if they figure out his confusing mess of a gimmick, get him in a good angle, and change his finisher, he will do great.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
When his music hits i'm bored, when he appears i'm bored, apart from a few spots, i'm bored. He's a slightly taller Rey Mysterio tbh

Yet i've seen a few threads mentioning him as a Royal Rumble winner?!

So many deserve this title ahead of him

Rant over
How is that a bad thing?!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts