Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that thinks TNA is still holding Samoa joe back? I mean look at Joe he just looks like he hates his job every match. Maybe it's because he knows they won't let him win a singles match.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I don't think Joe is all that worried about it. He probably still gets paid pretty good so he isn't worried about jobbing. If he was unhappy he would make the jump to WWE. Plus, if he were to partner up with Bully Ray in the weight room I think TNA would put him back in the main event in no time. Its really up to Joe in my opinion.

Another possibility is that TNA does plan to use him again in the future, and he's ok with his current jobber to the stars run because he knows he'll get another main event run. He would be a great challenger to Roode, or Storm if he wins at BFG.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Joe could lose 1000 matches and he'd still be one of the most respected and over guys on the roster. Win/loss record means crap guys. I don't understand why people use it. Daniel Bryan jobbed in a 7 second match at Wrestlemania and was still more over than the World Champion.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
i agree that he should be used a bit better, but to say he hates his job is dumb, even when he had his losing streak last year he gave it all in the ring. ever since he formed the team with magnus, hes been very good and his match with aries at slammy was great and having him be 1 of the last 2 in the bfg battle royal isnt bad either.

but he should be used better and given a push. listen to the reactions he gets in the impact zone or the 1 he got at slammy, the guy is over tna, push him. i think they should get rid of the tv title, but if they are gonna keep it, give to joe and build him back up.

id like to see him in the final 4 of the bfg series.

·
Registered
945 Posts
You can't put all the fault on TNA. Joe is also at fault. Not only does his weight fluctuate, but his workrate fluctuates too. They push him when he puts forth effort and pull back when he gets falls off the weight wagon.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Its about time he and Magnus went separate ways. I'm much more interested in how Maggy will be built up though.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I honestly think Joe is only there because the paychecks are good. I can almost guarantee he is pissed about where he is on the cards these days.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks TNA is still holding Samoa joe back? I mean look at Joe he just looks like he hates his job every match. Maybe it's because he knows they won't let him win a singles match.
the guy is not, rumoredy, the best guy backstage he lost his drive a while back along with his rotund yet streamlined phyique

this could more fault of tna but for the time being he is a lost cause and damaged goods does not a promising future make

he might be able to shake off his lost era of badass kickassery and reinvent his on-screen persona like Terry Funk did

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't think Joe is all that worried about it. He probably still gets paid pretty good so he isn't worried about jobbing. If he was unhappy he would make the jump to WWE. Plus, if he were to partner up with Bully Ray in the weight room I think TNA would put him back in the main event in no time. Its really up to Joe in my opinion.

Another possibility is that TNA does plan to use him again in the future, and he's ok with his current jobber to the stars run because he knows he'll get another main event run. He would be a great challenger to Roode, or Storm if he wins at BFG.
^^^^this that's good thinking. I do think think joe is in line for another push, I also think his match at slam v help him a lot in getting a push he was over just amutch if not more then aa

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Joe is holding himself back, I haven't see him make a decent promo/match for ages.
His match with aries was the best in 5 years, he's probably waiting for the contract to end and jump to the WWE.

Let's be honest by now every TNA original already received a call by someone in the WWE saying "how much".

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Joe doesn't need the money, his family is well off. I think he looks at wrestling as a hobby now which is why is weight keeps rising. He's been in TNA for years, WWE doesn't want him, he'll probably end his career in TNA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts